ADVERTISEMENT

Bryan Platt: the back judge who threw the flag

I said the same thing earlier in the week, Dean. I've come to realize this game was just too big for them to do so. At least that is what I tell myself.

Yea but heres the thing, and after this u can have last word and we'll put it to rest, EVERY SINGLE FAN BASE has a story like our acccg. They ALL claim the refs screwed them over as some sort of pro-their rival or anti-their team conspiracy. So who's right?
WHO has anything like our ACCCG call, in all of college football, this year? I don't see that as pro-CU or anti-UNC; I see it as pro-protect the ACC's CFP hopeful.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Was it gross incompetence or agenda driven? I tend to believe the first, mostly because believing the latter would be the end of my college sports viewing. There have simply too many examples of incompetence in recent years, perhaps more instances this year than I can ever remember in one season. I have no faith that it will change because the ACC doesn't appear to have any concerns with the status quo. That is very unfortunate.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Reminds me of Terry Porter, the guy who threw the flag after a count of ten, in the Fiesta Bowl that cost us the NC in 2002. Never could find a pic of Tressel giving him a bag of money.

You guys were robbed!

Reactions: BeezerHeel
the agenda doesn't have to be communicated from the conference office to the official. it's abundantly clear that having a team in the playoffs will help the conference and only UNC fans will be disappointed in a clemson win. so an official with a personality flaw who likes to influence the outcome of a game (a la ron cherry) can do so knowing he won't lose his job or be reprimanded. it's not a conspiracy. it's a license to steal.

Reminds me of Terry Porter, the guy who threw the flag after a count of ten, in the Fiesta Bowl that cost us the NC in 2002. Never could find a pic of Tressel giving him a bag of money.

You guys were robbed!

Biggest travesty in college football ever

the agenda doesn't have to be communicated from the conference office to the official. it's abundantly clear that having a team in the playoffs will help the conference and only UNC fans will be disappointed in a clemson win. so an official with a personality flaw who likes to influence the outcome of a game (a la ron cherry) can do so knowing he won't lose his job or be reprimanded. it's not a conspiracy. it's a license to steal.
Nailed it. The official w/ a bias only needs a clearing to invoke his bias.

C'mon. Why in the world would the ref lose his job or be reprimanded for not throwing a flag when no flag should have been thrown at all on an uncommunicated screw job?? That line of thought is absurd, Jimmy.

C'mon. Why in the world would the ref lose his job or be reprimanded for not throwing a flag when no flag should have been thrown at all on an uncommunicated screw job?? That line of thought is absurd, Jimmy.
i said he would NOT lose his job or be reprimanded for throwing the flag. i never intimated that he would lose his job or be reprimanded for not throwing it. please read more carefully before calling someone's thinking "absurd."

i said he would NOT lose his job or be reprimanded for throwing the flag. i never intimated that he would lose his job or be reprimanded for not throwing it. please read more carefully before calling someone's thinking "absurd."

I misread it and I apologize. I'm the dumbass here. My bad. However, I feel better for being wrong because I've always enjoyed reading what you post.

I doubt he's even been reprimanded. The blown call no longer irritates me, l've let it go. However, the league's response still rankles me. It leads me to believe that nothing will be done to address the deplorable state of officiating incompetency and the status quo will continue unabated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT