ADVERTISEMENT

Bryce Thompson

His father knows, respects, trusts and appreciates his first hand relationship and experience with Self. Kansas is nearby, Kansas is an elite program. The cloud hanging over is huge though.

The Thompson's respect and appreciate the connection with UNC's staff. They seem to have been very forthright with each in the recruitment of their son. I would LOVE for Bryce to choose UNC for whatever reason at this point. If he chooses KU, I have zero disparaging comments or negative feelings toward their decision process.

Seems like a quality kid and family. Good luck.
We had some predictions here that Bryce would choose last week. Obviously not.

What happened?
What happened is KU. No one expected KU to actually be a player in his recruitment until this week. He’s struggling w 2 things: NCAA/KU and Distance/UNC. He’s gotta decide which one could be the most deterring factor. It should be a no brainer but bc of the relationship w Self, they’re trusting him that the NCAA stuff is nothing to worry ab (prolly meaning the NCAA stuff won’t happen during your time here). With that being said, I’m not ready to bet the bank on his commitment to us, but I am getting deja vu from when we were dealing w kids worried ab the NCAA. I read one post here on THI saying if wasn’t for the NCAA, he would’ve committed to KU already. And I feel like that maybe true. If he or Rod’s not 100% sold, he could wind up at UNC.

What happened is KU. No one expected KU to actually be a player in his recruitment until this week. He’s struggling w 2 things: NCAA/KU and Distance/UNC. He’s gotta decide which one could be the most deterring factor. It should be a no brainer but bc of the relationship w Self, they’re trusting him that the NCAA stuff is nothing to worry ab (prolly meaning the NCAA stuff won’t happen during your time here). With that being said, I’m not ready to bet the bank on his commitment to us, but I am getting deja vu from when we were dealing w kids worried ab the NCAA. I read one post here on THI saying if wasn’t for the NCAA, he would’ve committed to KU already. And I feel like that maybe true. If he or Rod’s not 100% sold, he could wind up at UNC.

I think with us, playing time as a freshman is a major factor as well as the distance. We just have a lot of guys that will get minutes at the 2, Bryce could maybe start for us at the position but even that is not a given. I think he wants a more wide open path to both a starters role as well as not having to share a lot of minutes.

I think with us, playing time as a freshman is a major factor as well as the distance. We just have a lot of guys that will get minutes at the 2, Bryce could maybe start for us at the position but even that is not a given. I think he wants a more wide open path to both a starters role as well as not having to share a lot of minutes.
I think that’s always a factor w these 5 star type guys. Roy’s never promised anything to anyone except just a spot on the team. You gotta earn everything when you come through here. Your HS accolades don’t mean **** once you’re under those jerseys and banners.

Reactions: TheGLOV and DSouthr
I hate when recruits used distance as an excuse for not picking a certain school but plan on being OAD.
I can see your point on the surface, but with the 7 figure contract secured families are often able to relocate nearby once they are pro. If family proximity plays a role in a 18 year olds decision, ok, I get it.

Reactions: TheGLOV
So Evan Williams (Daniels) says it is a three way race, UNC, OU and ahem KU. Seriously?
I know I am biased but dang, only one to pick in this group Bryce, first in...

So Evan Williams (Daniels) says it is a three way race, UNC, OU and ahem KU. Seriously?
I know I am biased but dang, only one to pick in this group Bryce, first in...
Evan seems to be plugged in pretty well to this recruitment because he has for a while been saying Kansas was the front runner and since the ncaa NOA has still said that KU is at the top along with Carolina and OU. So, it shouldn’t surprise anyone that KU is surging. They actually were considered the leader until recently.

I hope that he makes the best choice for his happiness and development as a player. I watched his highlights and I don't think that he is a 5 star or future NBA player. He looks like a very good college player.

This is becoming a contest between board gurus - many of whom have been saying we are doing well for Bryce for quite a while - and the Crystal Ball crew - who have NEVER listed UNC as even a remote likelihood (to my recollection).

Reactions: Tarheels39
This is becoming a contest between board gurus - many of whom have been saying we are doing well for Bryce for quite a while - and the Crystal Ball crew - who have NEVER listed UNC as even a remote likelihood (to my recollection).
Which is why I was reluctant to buy the optimism on this board around Bryce. This board and Clint were literally the only ones thinking Bryce to UNC was happening. None of the national guys jumped on that train.

Reactions: Tarheels39
Bryce Thompson tweeted "so close" today and TOS had a update and Intel story on the front page most of the day. There's a thread on their premium message board that has blown up.

I've figured out how to read premium stories on TOS without paying, which is pretty cool.

But the juice with Thompson is that he will announce soon, UNC is still in it (UNC/KU are 1/2 in some order, with OU 3rd). Kansas would be the obvious favorite if not for the NCAA investigation. UNC is stressing "cultural fit".

Also Kerwin Walton and Thompson are competing for the same scholarship.

Last edited:
I've figured out how to read premium stories on TOS without paying, which is pretty cool.

But the juice with Thompson is that he will announce soon, UNC is still in it (UNC/KU are 1/2 in some order, with OU 3rd). Kansas would be the obvious favorite if not for the NCAA investigation. UNC is stressing "cultural fit".

Also Kerwin Walton and Thompson are competing for the same scholarship.

I've done same for years!

Shhhh!

:)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT