ADVERTISEMENT

Bud Foster

gunslingerdick

Hall of Famer
Feb 16, 2006
There are rumors circulating around Central and Southwest VA that Bud is being courted hard by TAMU. And the rumors are also that he is listening...closely.

Interested to know if anyone else is hearing anything about this.

If Bud Foster leaves Blacksburg, you can basically close the book on the VT football program for the foreseeable future.

Originally posted by gunslingerdick:
There are rumors circulating around Central and Southwest VA that Bud is being courted hard by TAMU. And the rumors are also that he is listening...closely.

If Bud Foster leaves Blacksburg, you can basically close the book on the VT football program for the foreseeable future.
He will listen, because TAMU is loaded, with both money and raw talent on both sides of the ball. And he has not been nbamed Coach in Waiting. Beamer, like Bowden and Paterno, has already coached too long with no sign of resigning.

And yes, sans Foster, VT goes down in a hard way.

The only thing better than this would be Coach K leaving dook.

Originally posted by UNC71-00:

The only thing better than this would be Coach K leaving dook.
I would prefer that the Rat Face go into a long decline, and stubbornly refuse to retire. I'd like to see him dying his hair ever darker, his nose becoming even more rodentish, and his teams flopping into utter mediocrity. Tens years of that would be good.

Foster gets a 800K bonus for longevity pay if he stays at VT through 12/31/14. That would have to
be factored in by him and TAMU. That is probably not a big stumbling block, but worth noting
if they want to wait a few weeks.

Originally posted by mahncpa1:
Foster gets a 800K bonus for longevity pay if he stays at VT through 12/31/14. That would have to
be factored in by him and TAMU. That is probably not a big stumbling block, but worth noting
if they want to wait a few weeks.
All parties can wait 3 weeks.

Originally posted by WoadBlue:
I would prefer that the Rat Face go into a long decline, and stubbornly refuse to retire. I'd like to see him dying his hair ever darker, his nose becoming even more rodentish, and his teams flopping into utter mediocrity. Tens years of that would be good.
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.
smile.r191677.gif

Heard Bud Foster was holding out to become the D head coach @ UNC!!!!!! Wishful dreaming?????
wink.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT