ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs NC State game thread

Originally posted by Spaceytoyz:
Fired the staff great opportunity ,,,,,,,its the right thing to do, its a terrible coaching staff anyone can improve them..
the staff has been fired? or should be fired?

Originally posted by WoadBlue:
Yet again, our DBs cannot cover anyone.

Did I mention that the 2 DB position coaches are Koenning and Disch? So the worst position coaching on our D is by the 2 men who run the whole D that is easily the worst in the ACC?
No, I do not think you have ever mentioned that before,,,,,news to me
rolleyes.r191677.gif

This kind of performance is just sooooo demoralizing for fans. It really makes interest and hope in the program sink like a stone.

It also makes a token 6-6 bowl appearance feel like an insult to the game.

Originally posted by dlew71:

Fired the staff great opportunity ,,,,,,,its the right thing to do, its a terrible coaching staff anyone can improve them..
It is a game that shows his ability or lack there of, its time to move on...

Originally posted by JP4UNC:
Originally posted by WoadBlue:
Yet again, our DBs cannot cover anyone.

Did I mention that the 2 DB position coaches are Koenning and Disch? So the worst position coaching on our D is by the 2 men who run the whole D that is easily the worst in the ACC?
No, I do not think you have ever mentioned that before,,,,,news to me
rolleyes.r191677.gif
Gotta ask, because it seems that Fedora does not know that importsant fact - that or he likes such awful production by Koenning and Disch.

They will probably keep Fedora one more year because of the scholly losses. I would hope they dump Koenning as soon as the "bowl game" is over.

This kind of massacre loss at home makes the previous win a forgotten memory.

Originally posted by dlew71:

It is a game that shows his ability or lack there of, its time to move on...
well for the first time today i was excited i thought perhaps given the tense of the comment perhaps something good was coming out of this day - at this point the loss - the poor showing for what could have been a great recruiting day - overall downer which cannot be explained otherwise

This team doesn't deserve a bowl game! The Liberty win shouldn't count towards the win total. The coaches certainly don't deserve a bowl game! Not after this pathetic showing against the mighty wolfpack! I for one will be glad when Fedora and his clueless staff are looking for another job!

The smartest possible move would be to fire Koenning and Disch TODAY. Dont wait until the bowl game is over. The bowl itself is obviously pretty much meaningless, but the extra two weeks of practice dont have to be.

Originally posted by uncboy10:
The smartest possible move would be to fire Koenning and Disch TODAY. Dont wait until the bowl game is over. The bowl itself is obviously pretty much meaningless, but the extra two weeks of practice dont have to be.
Frankly, a bowl game only perpetuates the bleeding. Imagine another 40+ or 60+ points being hung on this horrible defense in a bowl game.

It really looks blatantly obvious that this coaching staff is inadequate.

Originally posted by strummingram:
Frankly, a bowl game only perpetuates the bleeding. Imagine another 40+ or 60+ points being hung on this horrible defense in a bowl game.

If you think an extra two weeks of practice only "perpetuates the bleeding" then you dont know anything about football. And if there was a new DC hired immediately it would be two weeks of practice with the new coach, which would give him a chance to implement his new system.

Fedora doesn't need to go anywhere unless he fails to realize that he needs a new defensive staff. This team can be really good next year if they make some dramatic changes on the defensive side of the ball. Our offense is going to break a lot of records next year, and the increase in depth from a full recruiting class is going to make a huge difference.

This post was edited on 11/29 3:37 PM by uncboy10

If you think an extra two weeks of practice only "perpetuates the bleeding" then you dont know anything about football. And if there was a new DC hired immediately it would be two weeks of practice with the new coach, which would give him a chance to implement his new system.

Fedora doesn't need to go anywhere unless he fails to realize that he needs a new defensive staff. This team can be really good next year if they make some dramatic changes on the defensive side of the ball.
This isn't a question of "knowing anything about football." This team
has proven, without exception, that it's defense is awful. You can find
fault just about everywhere. If you think that a new DC could be
air-dropped into this mess and do a 180-degree turn in 2 weeks, then you're far more optimistic than most. The scoreboard and team stats, all season, proves you wrong. And, if Marquise WiIlliams is seriously injured, you'll probably see an offensive performance like what we saw today.

Fedora doesn't need to go anywhere unless he fails to realize that he needs a new defensive staff. This team can be really good next year if they make some dramatic changes on the defensive side of the ball.
Could we get a new DC now whop could help us land a player or 2 on the D side for next year? If so, make that hire by tomorrow.

I agree that if we can get the D turned aroundm next year can be big for us. And I have no confidence that Koening and Disch can come close to getting the job done.

air-dropped into this mess and do a 180-degree turn in 2 weeks, then you're far more optimistic than most. The scoreboard and team stats, all season, proves you wrong. And, if Marquise WiIlliams is seriously injured, you'll probably see an offensive performance like what we saw today.
I didn't say anything about doing a 180 degree turn in 2 weeks. In fact I clearly said that I thought the bowl game itself was pointless. However, using those two weeks with a new defensive staff would be much more productive than the current one. It gets the guys into the new defensive mindset going into the Summer and ideally would help grab some last minute recruits.

It's not about the bowl game it's about making as much improvement on D as possible by September 5th, 2015.

It will be interesting to see what changed Fed makes, if any. Will he decide to save his own ass or will he go down with the ship. Enquiring minds want to know......

I didn't say anything about doing a 180 degree turn in 2 weeks. In fact I clearly said that I thought the bowl game itself was pointless. However, using those two weeks with a new defensive staff would be much more productive than the current one. It gets the guys into the new defensive mindset going into the Summer and ideally would help grab some last minute recruits.

It's not about the bowl game it's about making as much improvement on D as possible by September 5th, 2015.
I think we agree, we just misunderstood each other's words (or I did).

Originally posted by geo1464:
A high school
Chad Morris came out of HS coaching and was a better college OC his first year than any D coach we have is a college D coach, even with 2 or more decades experience.

Yep go find one. Vic needs to go he sucked at Clemson they hated him the hole time he was there.

I also thank we went after to many small linemen or maybe that is all we can get the ones no one else wants. You know fast smart and physical.

Our OL and DL are both marshmallow soft. They got steamrolled by a mediocre moo team all day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT