ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs VT gamethread

They should burn those dark blue pants. It won’t change anything, but I don’t want to be reminded of this…this….whatever it was.

Ok I have a suggestion on some coaching stability and continuing our surge in recruiting. We already have two senior advisors to the head coach so why not hire one more with the understanding he takes over when mack has had enough. And who would that hire be you might ask. well unless there’s a young upcoming coach who can maintain the momentum in recruiting then I say persuade bob stoops to come outta retirement and take over. I’m sure this will draw mixed emotions so fire away. I’m not against maybe someone who played here either like thigpin just not bunting. Heck maybe even bly. Not rushing mack off just looking ahead.

Forgot to add but I noticed that Bateman and thig are co-defensive coordinators wonder how much input thig has with calls and game plans?

Ok I have a suggestion on some coaching stability and continuing our surge in recruiting. We already have two senior advisors to the head coach so why not hire one more with the understanding he takes over when mack has had enough. And who would that hire be you might ask. well unless there’s a young upcoming coach who can maintain the momentum in recruiting then I say persuade bob stoops to come outta retirement and take over. I’m sure this will draw mixed emotions so fire away. I’m not against maybe someone who played here either like thigpin just not bunting. Heck maybe even bly. Not rushing mack off just looking ahead.

Needs to be someone with experience in the region imo. There's a lot of HS talent in VA, NC, SC, GA but those states are also recruited heavily by the big boys. It pays dividends to have a good working knowledge of all the different high school programs and good rapport with their coaches. This staff has those connections. The last one didn't. And it puts you further behind when you don't. It'd also be nice to find someone a bit younger. Most importantly - I don't think he would be interested.

Last edited:
Shout out to the true frosh, Ritzie, as he was the highest graded player on D for the Heels. Really excited for this Defense when we can get Duck/Grimes together outside & Pinder/KBJ/Silver/Ritzie/Murphy up front and RaRa/Power in the middle all together.

The problem isn't Mack, at least as far as game day goes. He's never been a great X and O coach. What he needs to do is make sure he has the right staff to help him with that. The staff we have now could help us win the coastal. Of course the coastal sucks, so that's not saying much. Hopefully there are changes in the off season.

This approach failed for Mack via Will Muschamp at Texas.

Might be nice to have another wise GameDay/x&o person out there vs the CEO type though. But I did like how we were aggressive on some 4th downs.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT