ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Carousel 2021

There is a rumor that Bateman is being fired. If so, that would fit with Mack's pattern: when he feels he must fire because boosters demand at least one change in the staff, Mack fires an assistant who is not a long time associate, not a friend of some years, and not a former player of his or the school's.

Bateman was not Mack's choice for DC. That incompetent Greg Robinson was. Two writers for TOS were introduced to Robinson by Mack, who said that Robinson was the new DC. Boosters raised Hell, and Mack was forced to rethink.

If boosters have been loud enough to demand a head now, it would fit Mack to fire Bateman. Bateman wasn't his 1st choice, so Bateman can be sacrificed.

There is a rumor that Bateman is being fired. If so, that would fit with Mack's pattern: when he feels he must fire because boosters demand at least one change in the staff, Mack fires an assistant who is not a long time associate, not a friend of some years, and not a former player of his or the school's.

Bateman was not Mack's choice for DC. That incompetent Greg Robinson was. Two writers for TOS were introduced to Robinson by Mack, who said that Robinson was the new DC. Boosters raised Hell, and Mack was forced to rethink.

If boosters have been loud enough to demand a head now, it would fit Mack to fire Bateman. Bateman wasn't his 1st choice, so Bateman can be sacrificed.
Where is the "rumor" coming from? And good lord with your negativity. This would be something that Mack needs to do, something you've said he should do, but you still find a way to turn it into a negative.

Where is the "rumor" coming from? And good lord with your negativity. This would be something that Mack needs to do, something you've said he should do, but you still find a way to turn it into a negative.
Most negative mofo I’ve seen on this board. If he got a job taste testing pies at $200K a year, he’d complain about gaining weight.

Every coaching spot on this team needs to be seriously evaluated even ole Mack. Time to think about a possible replacement being hired to be on staff now….I know coach in waiting lol

I don't see Bateman as anywhere near the top of assistants that need to be replaced. Searels seems to me to be the one doing the most dragging down of the program.

If I had to pick between firing either Longo or Bateman, I'd be leaning toward a new OC more than a new DC.

I do think we've had quite weak position coaching across the D.

Every coaching spot on this team needs to be seriously evaluated even ole Mack. Time to think about a possible replacement being hired to be on staff now….I know coach in waiting lol
If Mack do that, there's be no, or very little, need to consider evaluating him for potential replacement.

Miami OC Rhett Lashlee is the new SMU HC.

Depending on who gets the Miami OC job, Lashlee leaving could hurt Miami next year. The Canes finally had a young QB look very good much of the time, and the future is bright in Coral Gables - assuming the coaching staff doesn't stumble.

Does anybody think Brian Kelly would leave ND to go to LSU? Is he flirting with LSU to get more from ND?

I heard today from a very reliable source (former player that’s well connected) that Bateman is gone and they will announce after the bowl game! Take it FWIW but I really trust this guy..just passing it along from him lol

I heard today from a very reliable source (former player that’s well connected) that Bateman is gone and they will announce after the bowl game! Take it FWIW but I really trust this guy..just passing it along from him lol
Interesting that they would wait until after the bowl game, unless they already have the new guy lined up. If not, why not get a jump start on the new DC, and give Bateman a chance to look for his next job too?

i would love it…not sure he could handle that.

gotta be aranda i believe.
That's what I would guess. I'm aware of any conflict Aranda had with LSU boosters. And this Baylor team is very good. Seems perfect.

Interesting that they would wait until after the bowl game, unless they already have the new guy lined up. If not, why not get a jump start on the new DC, and give Bateman a chance to look for his next job too?

I kind of thought the same myself! Just what he said though..guess I could have asked why! Didn’t think of it at the time lol

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Over the course of the season the D had major and repeated issues with basic fundamentals in all 3 groupings: DL, LBs, and DBs. No DC can spend any time working to make certain that players know how to perform the basics of their positions. That is a beginning part of what position coaches are for.

Over the course of the season the D had major and repeated issues with basic fundamentals in all 3 groupings: DL, LBs, and DBs. No DC can spend any time working to make certain that players know how to perform the basics of their positions. That is a beginning part of what position coaches are for.

I agree but he did an awful job at putting ppl in the right spot...the pass against state for example..we should have been in a soft man with 3 deep! A pee wee coach could have drawn that up! Having ppl like Evans and Collins our in the flats and not rushing the passer is just insane..we should have been running with 4 down lineman instead of his dumb 3-5 or whatever the hell it was! I hear ya though, fundamentals need to be a focus this coming year from every position coach

coaching wise, great hire…recruiting doesn’t really matter, but great…publicity wise, outstanding hire.

however, when he loses that one or two games like to bama(for short term) or auburn/florida/a&m, they might get restless.

they(admin) are better than texas, auburn or bama as far as being sneaky, but still.

Yeah and also if it's true, he's obviously going to hear the rumors. You don't want a coach that will be here another month thinking he's going to be fired. I guess it might be a recruiting thing, but I'd rather just pull off the band-aid and get the new guy a chance to start working with the team some.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT