ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Carousel 2021

Jamey Chadwell is replacing Hugh Frieze at Liberty. That is essentially a lateral move, except it puts put him in VA, which will allow him to impress a whole bunch of VA HS coaches. That could be important if Chadwell later is in the running for job at which recruiting VA will be important.

Moo OC Tim Beck is now expected to become Coastal Carolina HC.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Cincy has hired Scott Satterfield to replace Luke Fickle. Louisville has played Cincy more than any other team in both football and basketball. That and the 100 mile difference make the hire very interesting. Most interesting to me, though,, is that the movie means that Satterfield sees Cincy as a better job. Cincy is headed to the Big 12, but a league without OU and Texas. So what does Satterfield see? Does he think the ACC is doomed? Does he highly value the fact that there is much more D1 football talent inside the Cincy TV market than in all of KY?

Cincy has hired Scott Satterfield to replace Luke Fickle. Louisville has played Cincy more than any other team in both football and basketball. That and the 100 mile difference make the hire very interesting. Most interesting to me, though,, is that the movie means that Satterfield sees Cincy as a better job. Cincy is headed to the Big 12, but a league without OU and Texas. So what does Satterfield see? Does he think the ACC is doomed? Does he highly value the fact that there is much more D1 football talent inside the Cincy TV market than in all of KY?
I suspect these coaches are thinking more short-term than long enough to consider "is ACC conference doomed".

They probably have a 2 to 5 year outlook max. So i suspect it is about the paycheck, then location in terms of living, then recruiting (to your point about talent) and what players are returning, and lastly how difficult it is to win schedule-wise.

Fickell was making a few million more per yr at Cincy than Satterfield at lville. And his returning roster is probably pretty solid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT