ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Carousel 2021

One of the top QB's in the 2024 class just decommited from Miami to Florida. Guess he wasn't impressed with Gattis and that coaching staff.

kiffin wouldn’t dare go to auburn would he?
Why not? Can't get a longer contract than 4 years due to a law in the state of Miss. Auburn can/will give him a huge contract with more guaranteed $ plus Auburn can do much more with NIL than Ole Miss can. Lane has the best agent in the world and they both know how to play the game.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Why not? Can't get a longer contract than 4 years due to a law in the state of Miss. Auburn can/will give him a huge contract with more guaranteed $ plus Auburn can do much more with NIL than Ole Miss can. Lane has the best agent in the world and they both know how to play the game.
So you don't think he's going to wait until Mack retires in a few years and takes the UNC job? 😉

It's one of the hardest jobs (at least until Saban retires), but not a bad place to land either.

I'm interested to see where Chadwell ends up if he ever leaves Coastal. That's someone that could be in UNC's wheelhouse someday.
I was looking at FEI rankings earlier. Coastal D overall was 80, but DLine was 17th - just give me someone who has historically fielded decent defensive lines. I swear the whole fanbase would overlook ineptitude if we could just get a front 7 that could consistently stone people and get a few timely sacks.

Anyway, their offense is 36th in FEI - Chadwell was a QB coach in the past, does he do their playcalling?

I was looking at FEI rankings earlier. Coastal D overall was 80, but DLine was 17th - just give me someone who has historically fielded decent defensive lines. I swear the whole fanbase would overlook ineptitude if we could just get a front 7 that could consistently stone people and get a few timely sacks.

Anyway, their offense is 36th in FEI - Chadwell was a QB coach in the past, does he do their playcalling?
He's deeply involved (it's his scheme), but he's given their co-OC more input.

I lean towards wanting a more defense minded HC as well for the reasons you mentioned. I think we'd be alright on offense with the athletes we recruit. Just hasn't translated on the defensive side of the ball in seemingly forever.

But the thing I like about Chadwell is that he's been loyal to their program. He could've already moved on; Grayson McCall could've transferred. He gets his team to buy-in.

Then if you look at their offense, about two years ago, it was a lot of spread option. Now, they pass the ball a lot more. So, he's good at adapting to whatever he has to work with, and getting the most out of his guys. McCall was only a 2-star recruit.

Reactions: blazers
So you don't think he's going to wait until Mack retires in a few years and takes the UNC job? 😉

let-me-dream-let-me-sleep.gif

• Haha
Reactions: tarheel0910
can you imagine the media when kiffin tweets to a state fan or an entire rival fanbase?…i thought fedora was this guy, just a little older and more edgy, something the program desperately needed.

sign me the f up

can you imagine the media when kiffin tweets to a state fan or an entire rival fanbase?…i thought fedora was this guy, just a little older and more edgy, something the program desperately needed.

sign me the f up
I suggested Kiffin before Mack was hired, but said it would never happen because of his personality. UNC wants all their coaches to be vanilla as possible. Roy is really the only exception and even he was pretty bland comparatively.

I suggested Kiffin before Mack was hired, but said it would never happen because of his personality. UNC wants all their coaches to be vanilla as possible. Roy is really the only exception and even he was pretty bland comparatively.
I was very big on Kiffin when we had a chance to get him. What he wanted when leaving FAU was Major conference state school that had an ocean. he could have come to own the ACC at UNC. No coach at Ole Miss can own the SEC.

I think Kiffin may have rejected Auburn's overtures to wait for Saban to retire.

Luke Fickell is headed to Wisconsin. Multiple reports that the deal is being finalized today. Wisconsin hiring the only coach to take a P5 team to the playoffs is a huge move to stay relevant vis a vis Michigan and Ohio St. Fickell is pure OH guy, but he is staying within the BT heartland. If both Foickell and Rhule at Nebraska get it done, then some power in the BT could shift westward.

David Shaw has resigned as Stanford coach. That is an interesting job. The university helps Stanford recruit football players nationally.

I wonder if Bryan Harsin might be a candidate. He belongs out West.

David Shaw has resigned as Stanford coach. That is an interesting job. The university helps Stanford recruit football players nationally.

I wonder if Bryan Harsin might be a candidate. He belongs out West.
shaw is a great coach…he’d instill a certain mentality for sure, but he probably needs a break, or the nfl.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Auburn has hired Hugh Freeze, as most have expected for some time. Only a few thought that Tiffin would risk becoming the next Tommy Tuberville: leaving Ole Miss where he is beloved by both general fans and big money boosters to find that Auburn boosters often are both insane and vicious.

Can't win a national championship at Liberty, though.
Correct. A coach like Freeze is driven to win at the highest level. He is not going to happy going 9-3 or 10-2 at Liberty. He'd rather risk losing to Saban, Kelly, and Kiffin every year than winning 10 games in a minor league conference.

Pool parties were awkward and not fam-friendly at Liberty either.
The jokes will follow him his entire career. And if he lose at Auburn, ,meaning he does not beat Mama and UGFA regularly, the Auburn boosters will fan those jokes and use them as part of the reason he must be fired. In that sense, they see him as a safe hire: he easily can be fired if need be. No hand wringing, no waiting around and whining about it.

The SEC is filled with coaches who could become dominant in a league like the ACC but because they are not at a Bama or LSU or UGA or Florida or Texas , they will be quite lucky to ever win 1 SEC championship. Auburn fires those coaches even when they win an SEC Championship for losing too much to Bama.

They could buy him out if they really wanted to. A&M has one of the richest athletic departments in college. Oil money has been good to them.
They could indeed. But there now also want to save face. They made Jimbo the highest paid coach in the country and they do not want to admit they rushed things and mad a mistake, a very costly mistake.

Boosters who back a coach being hired often have a very hard time admitting that coach aint going too get the job done, because that would mean that they were wrong. And the more they do that, the less that people will swallow their views next time. Sri they make certain the bad gets worse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT