ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching changes

Footballscoop is now reporting that Mack will not initiate any more staff changes

North Carolina: Mack Brown is making a change in direction at special teams and STC/outside linebackers coach Scott Boone will not return, sources tell FootballScoop. A 36-year coaching veteran, Boone has worked previously at Wake Forest, Arizona, Nevada and William & Mary and spent seven seasons as the head coach at Randolph-Macon College. We are told Mack is not expected to initiate any more staff changes.
Shoot, so he didn't hire monken as hc-in-waiting? Just joshing.

Reactions: tarheel0910
The oline had games where you just shake your head and wonder what the heck are they doing and then other times they were ok. Definitely room to improve. Not sure if the improvement is from lack of good coaching or lack of experience.

And if they do transfer, they should go wherever they want.
I agree. Miss St waited until it had a Top 26 (Rivals) or 27 (24/7) class signed before firing the coach who oversaw signing the class.

That is fraud.

A little off topic to a certain degree but guess Lincoln Riley and urban Meyer aren’t headed to Dallas.

Brady Hoke goes back to San Diego State. He was at Michigan when I lived there. He was in over his head there, but he's still a pretty good coach and seems like a real nice person.

I think the Mississippi State job would be a step up for Leach. Better conference and recruiting area.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Joe Brady was also mentioned as a possible candidate for Miss. State

Brady Hoke goes back to San Diego State. He was at Michigan when I lived there. He was in over his head there, but he's still a pretty good coach and seems like a real nice person.
Hoke does seem to me like a good guy. But that does not mean you are able to get it done in a P5. Good luck to him going forward.

Joe Brady was also mentioned as a possible candidate for Miss. State
Brady is what, 30 or maybe 31?

Miss St is a # 2 school in a small state in the same division with Bama, Auburn, LSU, and super rich Texas A&M, as well as Arkansas (does not share its small state). Mullen is easily the best coach Miss St ever had. I'd be wary of taking that job.

Hoke does seem to me like a good guy. But that does not mean you are able to get it done in a P5. Good luck to him going forward.

He is definitely not suited for an elite P5 program with high expectations. A mid-tier school that accepts 7-8 wins and bowl appearances is possible.

Kiffin on twitter versus Leach at a press conference - that should be most entertaining.

Joe Brady is leaving LSU to become the OC for the Panthers.

Last edited:
Brady now will be in NC. It is Bubba's duty to persuade him to be the next UNC HC.

Fairly strong rumors that Baylor has targeted Justin Fuente to replace Rhule. Fuente is from OK and was an assistant at TCU before going to Memphis.

Fairly strong rumors that Baylor has targeted Justin Fuente to replace Rhule. Fuente is from OK and was an assistant at TCU before going to Memphis.
From what I hear, VT fans aren't all that thrilled with Fuente anyway, so they would probably welcome that.

Either way, it would be great to see vt slide down into a long period of irrelevance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT