ADVERTISEMENT

Cole Anthony

Very uncharacteristic of someone that's been so low profile so far .. whatever ..

A high school kid narrowing their list doesn't mean that much .. maybe more to you than me though .. jmho

I tell you guys for a player and family that's been tight with their information this twitter post has made me do some checking around on a lot of basketball boards and twitter accounts. He has me thinking that he may just pop and make a decision. To put a random twitter post like that out and then go silent just hasn't been the Anthony's way of doing things.

On the podcast they said that he was working with a list of 10... I assume it's probably down to a final 5 or 3 but that's just speculation. Bigwig said there isn't much on him other than Roy feels very comfortable with where he is with him and his family.

Last edited:
Reactions: JakeSarna
Apparently this is cutting a list... I don't pay attention until it's 5 or under but I figured someone may want to see this.

Nothing really shocking here.

Oregon being the only west coast school is interesting.

Reactions: gary-7
And, IMO, about 6 of those 12 won't hardly get a sniff.
IMO, UNC, dook, UK, KU, "lewis"ville" and 'nova are six "choices" the others have less chance in this recruiting, perhaps they are nice places to visit.

Reactions: FlaTarHeel
Well that was a waste of time. That list is longer than the schools he is actually considering by all accounts lol.

So I wonder does he cut it again in a few months or just stick with this until he picks one?

Well I did say speculation. On another note the podcast was close. They said that close friends said he was working with a list of ten. So when he said he cut the list I assumed that cut down to a final five or 3... Not only did he not cut it... He added 2 apparently :D

Oregon will be a bigger player than at least 2 of the 6 you listed, they'll get much more than a sniff.

Why would Oregon be a "bigger" player? The competition and exposure is on this side of the country .. jmho

Why would Oregon be a "bigger” player?

nike%20logo.jpg

Oregon will be a bigger player than at least 2 of the 6 you listed, they'll get much more than a sniff.
With absolutely no inside information or special intel reason, I think Oregon is one of the favorites. The huge Nike money connection, up tempo athletic types for his one and done, and they would be a Natty contender. Again no special reason, but they've been my guess/pick for awhile to land him.

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
With absolutely no inside information or special intel reason, I think Oregon is one of the favorites. The huge Nike money connection, up tempo athletic types for his one and done, and they would be a Natty contender. Again no special reason, but they've been my guess/pick for awhile to land him.

Well .. maybe UNC can work on their Nike connection since they have hardly any history with them :rolleyes: .. and maybe Roy can work on some up tempo ball .. even though he's famous for saying he's never had a team that was fast enough for him :cool: (and he will surely have the team for it this year) .. and if your inferring a little illegal $$ will fly with a former NBA players son (who just happened to be coached by Roy in college and played pro ball with a UNC assistant coach .. then I'll take your post as just your humble opinion .. but I'd bet ya $100 Oregon aint where Cole Anthony plays NCAA bball. And that is jmho ..

Well .. maybe UNC can work on their Nike connection since they have hardly any history with them :rolleyes: .. and maybe Roy can work on some up tempo ball .. even though he's famous for saying he's never had a team that was fast enough for him :cool: (and he will surely have the team for it this year) .. and if your inferring a little illegal $$ will fly with a former NBA players son (who just happened to be coached by Roy in college and played pro ball with a UNC assistant coach .. then I'll take your post as just your humble opinion .. but I'd bet ya $100 Oregon aint where Cole Anthony plays NCAA bball. And that is jmho ..
I certainly think we check all the boxes, and are in a good spot for Cole to land.

I was responding to the surprise that others had in Oregon as a viable landing spot. I think he is very interested in them, and Phil Knight as the Nike interest is not by any means a thought of it being any illegal payment to get him there. Just the connection with Knight is a nice friend to have for a father who knows the league and shoe contracts in the NBA.

I claim ZERO insight to his leaning, I just think Oregon checks all the boxes and is very much a legit contender, as I think we do and are as well. My GUESS at this point would be Oregon. Wouldn't bet a wooden nickel on it though. I think many are in play for his final choice.

Cole comes from a wealthy family, his father knows better than to allow any underhanded deals. He can sign a huge shoe contract, regardless of his college choice.

Oregon is a big Nike school and has had moderate success in NCAA basketball. He would be a big fish in a small pond and probably put up bigger numbers there.

It doesn’t surprise me that he would seriously consider them. If he commits to UNC, fine. But I’m not losing any sleep worrying about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT