ADVERTISEMENT

Cole Anthony

Look, we all know this is a UNC vs Oregon deal so there is no news until he cuts 1 of those 2.

Reactions: Archer2
I was going to make an April Fools thread that he cut UNC and Miami. Guess he beat me to the punch, sans UNC.

That’s worrisome from a UNC point of view. He already knows Coby and Nas are leaving. I had been feeling good about our chances but I’m less sure now.

...some are born Heels. Some beat the concrete and pave their way. Some hold on until they see the real, live beauty. Some wait too long and their entire life is changed...

He seems like a different dude.. i could totally see him just committing with no hype or attention. Maybe he is committing sooner then the 20th?

This is why I TRY not to follow recruiting too much... having to hope and wait, and hope and wait on these 17-18 year olds to make a freaking decision. And I get that they want to see who is coming and going (just another reason OAD sucks), but it's still frustrating as a fan with no control over the situation.

Normally, I'm perfectly content to see who shows up wearing Carolina blue each year and go from there. But I gotta admit that with Coby leaving, I'm way more interested than usual. :eek: We really need Cole in Chapel Hill.

This is starting to get into Kevin Knox territory with the announcement dragging on and on and on.... I was so fed up with that kid by the time he announced I truly didn't want him anymore.

There are no more secrets to who is staying or going related to UNC. Pick already.

Last edited:
This is why I TRY not to follow recruiting too much... having to hope and wait, and hope and wait on these 17-18 year olds to make a freaking decision. And I get that they want to see who is coming and going (just another reason OAD sucks), but it's still frustrating as a fan with no control over the situation.
I try to do the same thing Mark. Following too closely can be very frustrating, to say the least.
Normally, I'm perfectly content to see who shows up wearing Carolina blue each year and go from there. But I gotta admit that with Coby leaving, I'm way more interested than usual. :eek: We really need Cole in Chapel Hill.
You said a mouthful there. He's a transcendent talent that would raise us 20 spots nationally, even if we don't sign anyone else(I think we will(Tucker) BTW).

Reactions: TarHeelMark
I try to do the same thing Mark. Following too closely can be very frustrating, to say the least.

You said a mouthful there. He's a transcendent talent that would raise us 20 spots nationally, even if we don't sign anyone else(I think we will(Tucker) BTW).

We will sign 3 or more, in my opinion...

Cole is vital for next year, no doubt. I do not have the same frustration with him waiting it out though. On the contrary, I think it's wise on his part. We along with the others are courting him, he will be a OAD, why rush any decision until you have to. I guarantee you one thing, he won't get an ultimatum from Roy, "darn it pick already !!". He will be the patient suitor, showing his confidence that UNC would be the right choice. Then the object of our desire will make his choice one way or the other.

Reactions: JakeSarna
Is it so hard to add a source when you're spreading an unfounded rumor? Jesus. :confused:

EDIT: Guess I'll do it myself.

Last edited:
4 players from Oregon declare for the NBA Draft. So much for them having any chance at a final four next year

They can still fire their agent and remove their name from consideration before May 29th. Almost all those guys except Bol will probably return. Don't see a single one of them on a draft board.

You all need to chill out... he never said he was committing on the 6th. He hinted at it by saying if anything he may do it during geico nationals. Then he said maybe the 20th. Nothing was ever set in stone. Fans just heard what they wanted and ran with it. Not the kid or his dads fault. At the end of the day he is likely a heel all the insiders on all credible websites think so even other fan bases think so re freakin lax. Even if he doesn't commit I will still be a die hard heel, and so will all of you...well except the new supposed unc grads... looking at you @uncgrad1997 ... yes I'm still callin you out

His own words that he was going to make a decision "early next month".

Call it negative or whatever you want, but every time a recruit starts reneging on commitment dates is the moment shit start tilting in the opposite direction for us. If he hasn't set a commitment date by the end of April, the chances of seeing Cole in Carolina blue will be pretty low.

If he's waiting to see what's going to happen with our roster, then that bodes poorly for us because it means he doesn't think what we have now is acceptable, and what you see is probably what you're going to get. We're more than likely not getting Hurt or Precious and the grad transfers can go all the way to August. Meanwhile, Oregon will likely return a decent amount of talent with Pritchard, King, and 3 Top 100 recruits. And as usual, none of the FBI stuff is scaring him off.

All I know is, I'm so sick and tired of not being able to close on elite recruits when we don't have the excuse of a scandal while all the others schools do. it's bad enough we're 0/10 on recruits since Bacot, it'll be a downright joke if we can't close on Anthony.

You've been so salty since the loss to Auburn. Cheer up.
It's not salty. It's a strong gut feeling. It's a realistic, rational opinion. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the Auburn loss. I've had this feeling for months now regarding Anthony.

Call it negative or whatever you want, but every time a recruit starts reneging on commitment dates is the moment shit start tilting in the opposite direction for us. If he hasn't set a commitment date by the end of April, the chances of seeing Cole in Carolina blue will be pretty low.

If he's waiting to see what's going to happen with our roster, then that bodes poorly for us because it means he doesn't think what we have now is acceptable, and what you see is probably what you're going to get. We're more than likely not getting Hurt or Precious and the grad transfers can go all the way to August. Meanwhile, Oregon will likely return a decent amount of talent with Pritchard, King, and 3 Top 100 recruits. And as usual, none of the FBI stuff is scaring him off.

All I know is, I'm so sick and tired of not being able to close on elite recruits when we don't have the excuse of a scandal while all the others schools do. it's bad enough we're 0/10 on recruits since Bacot, it'll be a downright joke if we can't close on Anthony.
Maybe you didnt hear the word probably which is a far cry from I am going to... or I will... or my committment date is

Reactions: dtodd4475

Guess what? If we don't get him, the world won't end. Carolina Basketball will still be Carolina Basketball and we will still win a lot of games.

Sometimes you have to rebuild, Roy is good at that too.

Cool your jets a little and be thankful we have Roy guiding the ship.

Negativity gets you nothing.

Top 10 kids today are all about themselves, not sure we need to rely on that. jmhho

Corey Evans seems pretty darn confident we'll get him FWIW, based on two articles today:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...ftovers-dishing-on-r-j-hampton-villanova-more

"2. If UNC does not get Anthony, expect for the Tar Heels to heat things up with Virginia Tech decommit Anthony Harris, though I would be shocked if they do not land the five-star guard."

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/twitter-tuesday-indiana-duke-cole-anthony-arizona

"I would be very surprised if Cole Anthony does not commit to North Carolina by the end of the month. Anthony has prolonged his recruitment throughout the winter months for a reason: to see who will be leaving and who will be staying at each of his finalists. The five-star is down to a final four of Georgetown, Notre Dame, Oregon and North Carolina, and now that Coby White has announced his intentions of entering his name into the NBA Draft North Carolina looks to have an even better chance at landing Anthony."

Reactions: Sk1310
Maybe you didnt hear the word probably which is a far cry from I am going to... or I will... or my committment date is

Your unnecessary snark aside, a timeframe was given, which was my point. Some of you were denying it ever was.

Guess what? If we don't get him, the world won't end. Carolina Basketball will still be Carolina Basketball and we will still win a lot of games.

Sometimes you have to rebuild, Roy is good at that too.

Cool your jets a little and be thankful we have Roy guiding the ship.

Negativity gets you nothing.

Top 10 kids today are all about themselves, not sure we need to rely on that. jmhho

Positivity got me 0/10. I'm fine with keeping it realistic.

Simply tired of running races and then blowing it at the last minute and given how this class has gone so far, I think that's an incredibly fair feeling.

Y'all can downplay the significance of this recruitment if you want, but to deny the significance of this recruitment is utterly nonsensical. But hey, F' me for just wanting to get elite recruits right and being weary of the constant tactics of teenagers, right? :rolleyes:

Your unnecessary snark aside, a timeframe was given, which was my point. Some of you were denying it ever was.

Positivity got me 0/10. I'm fine with keeping it realistic.

Simply tired of running races and then blowing it at the last minute and given how this class has gone so far, I think that's an incredibly fair feeling.

Y'all can downplay the significance of this recruitment if you want, but to deny the significance of this recruitment is utterly nonsensical. But hey, F' me for just wanting to get elite recruits right and being weary of the constant tactics of teenagers, right? :rolleyes:
I wasnt being snarky i just stated facts you took as snarky... that wasn't my intent

I wasnt being snarky i just stated facts you took as snarky... that wasn't my intent
Think he means me.
And while he harps on 0/10, we are competing with 300 and something other places and we offer no money or special "deals".

And just how do you think Roy has "blown" any of these recruits decisions Rose?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT