ADVERTISEMENT

Crystal Ball

Depends on what you have invested in the long-term GF! We used the lens of our own feeling and interpreted the "dream" a little stronger than it should have been, so what? The kid chose a different school and will be a pro in a few years. Ultimately, he will probably miss a few college accolades since his coach sux, but he won't miss any $$$!

NEXT!

Depends on what you have invested in the long-term GF! We used the lens of our own feeling and interpreted the "dream" a little stronger than it should have been, so what? The kid chose a different school and will be a pro in a few years. Ultimately, he will probably miss a few college accolades since his coach sux, but he won't miss any $$$!

NEXT!

So whose gonna be next? We running out of options based on the offers out there.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Overdue for an update. Main changes for UNC are shifts in the CB on Cole and Boogie - toward us for Cole, a small shift back toward USC for Boogie, but we still lead. Duke has also gotten involved on Boogie, but that hasn't shown up in the CB, so far.

In old news, Duke got Moore and Arizona got Green. Kansas is slipping a bit with JRE - but not in our direction.

As mentioned previously, the CB is doing well predicting the players we offered. 5-1 (the 5 includes Francis, who had already committed when this thread started). The lone miss was Green.

For those who like this stuff, 247 has changed the display on its overall player ranking page. It now shows you the top 2 contenders for uncommitted players. Good change. Previously they showed how many schools were interested.

Code:
Player       Rank #P  Schools %                  Trend

Anthony       3    5  UNC 67% Duke 33%           UNC
Ellis        35    6  USC 67% UNC 33%            USC
Mann         33    9  UNC 44% Fla 44% Tenn 12%   Committed to Florida.
Nickelberry  55   13  LVL 85% UNC 8% NCSU 8%     Committed Louisville.
Green        10    6  UNC 83% Ariz 17%           Committed to Arizona.
Moore        23   15  Duke 87% UNC 13%           Committed to Duke.
Brooks       21    8  MSU 50% IND 38% ?? 12%     No change
Carey         2   14  Duke 50% Miami 21% MSU 14% No Change
Hurt          6   12  KU 83% MN 08% ?? 08%       No change
RobinsonEarl 18   10  KU 80% VN 20%              Villanova
Wiseman       1   20  Memph 70% UK 30%           No change
Baker        20    9  Tex 89% UCLA 11%           No Change
Bacot        26   16  UNC 100%                   Committed to UNC.

Last edited:
Overdue for an update. Main changes for UNC are shifts in the CB on Cole and Boogie - toward us for Cole, a small shift back toward USC for Boogie, but we still lead. Duke has also gotten involved on Boogie, but that hasn't shown up in the CB, so far.

In old news, Duke got Moore and Arizona got Green. Kansas is slipping a bit with JRE - but not in our direction.

As mentioned previously, the SB is doing well predicting the players we offered. 5-1 (the 5 includes Francis, who had already committed when this thread started). The lone miss was Green.

For those who like this stuff, 247 has changed the display on its overall player ranking page. It now shows you the top 2 contenders for uncommitted players. Good change. Previously they showed how many schools were interested.

Code:

Ellis        35    6  USC 75% UNC 25%            USC

Boogie is off. It's 67% to 33% in favor of UNC and the trend is with us.

I'll believe it when he commits. I believe that site also had Josh Green as a UNC lock.
That's the only player of ours that they've missed on, so far. They can't always be right. ;)

I don't put much faith in the CB with only a few predictions listed. But I like the fact that it's looking like a 2-team race, and we're one of the 2 teams. I expect some Duke predictions before the dust settles.

As mentioned previously, the CB is doing well predicting the players we offered. 5-1 (the 5 includes Francis, who had already committed when this thread started). The lone miss was Green.

Code:

Ellis        35    6  USC 67% UNC 33%            USC

This is an absolute joke!

Note Mann: 44% tie to two schools.

Shouldn't it be Florida 45% UNC 44% ? LOL!!

I put know faith in this garbage.

None.

Gotta believe that Green is rethinking his options at this point with all that came out in the trials.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Suppose he decommits. Do we still want him? I'm inclined to say yes, but I don't know enough about him.

I would say yes also. Now, if he stays there and then they hit with sanctions, I doubt he would get the "hardship" transfer exemption that Shea Patterson got when transferring from Ole Miss to Michigan. He would have to sit out a year if he wanted to leave because he knew about the issues surrounding the Arizona program. If he's worried about post-season bans or other sanctions, the time to leave is now.

Suppose he decommits. Do we still want him? I'm inclined to say yes, but I don't know enough about him.

Yes absolutely, have not heard a single thing bad about this kid but I would be surprised if anything now known was not at least highly suspected when he made his decision. Hate it, would have loved to have had this kid be a Tar Heel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT