ADVERTISEMENT

D. J. Durkin

247 said there are developments from sources close to the hiring but it was a premium article.

Originally posted by HeelFan58:

247 said there are developments from sources close to the hiring but it was a premium article.
My dog has better sources than 247 does.

That said, you want to know who is up next for our DC position? Send in your resume, you will have a decent chance of getting a call back...

Our D is not just in need of a little tweaking, a few new touches and insights with new eyes. Our D is a trainwreck. Nothing about it works even half as well as it should. And that means no proven DC is going to want the job if it comes with any strings.

If Fedora says, 'You must keep at least 2 of these 3 coaches and we expect you to do X or Y," proven DCs will respond by looking elsewhere. You cannot clean up a trainwreck and prevent future train wrecks by doing the bidding of the people who oversaw the train wreck and want to ever so slightly tinker with what they think is their masterpiece.

If I am a proven DC and Fedora wants the new UNC DC to do it the Fedora way, I turn away from Fedora, because the odds of me doing it the Fedora way and failing (just like Koenning/Disch) are great, and that failure would hurt my career.

Originally posted by UNC_Blue:

My dog has better sources than 247 does.

Amen. While it's very likely Durkin is headed to meechigan, he hasn't turned UNC down yet.

Harbaugh is a winner, entering the first year of a long term contract (stability) and going to a program/university that desperately wants a winner in football. Where would you want to go?

Dec 28

Larry Fedora is having a hard time filling the vacant DC job I'm told . He's offered the position to 6 different candidates . All said NO.
This post was edited on 12/30 10:37 PM by WoadBlue

If the above tweet is true, then my guess is that Fedora is telling DC candidates he wants Disch and other D coaches to remain.

Originally posted by WoadBlue:

Dec 28

Larry Fedora is having a hard time filling the vacant DC job I'm told . He's offered the position to 6 different candidates . All said NO.
flush.r191677.gif

If the above tweet is true, then my guess is that Fedora is telling DC candidates he wants Disch and other D coaches to remain.
Again, are you brain damaged?
roll.r191677.gif
You seriously just quoted the biggest wuffie piece of shit on twitter. And you can't even claim ignorance, if you read 3 posts on his timeline you see they are ALL slamming UNC and tweeting UNC recruits talking shit.

Un-friggin-believable. ZERO credibility.
chairshot.r191677.gif

Originally posted by gteeitup:
or he's preaching "85 snaps a game" is the goal.
Or, you would have to be clueless to believe that wuffie piece of sh*t. He sits and tweets negative crap about UNC 24/7. Your farts have more inside info than he does. He is not a "recruiting expert", he is a wuffie that has been reported for stalking by recruits. He is batshit crazy.

Dec 28

This is complete and utter BS.

Originally posted by heelbent:

Dec 28

This is complete and utter BS.
Hopefully - but we can't be certain. Fedroa stubbornly refused to make any changes though we had rather obvious probelms on with nearly total lack of fundamentals back to his 1st year. And now he seems content to keep Disch who is at least co-equal in leading the disaster.

Any HC who seems that stubbirnly loyal to failed assistants is the type to go down with the ship he captains. Why woukld any top prospect coordinator want to jump on board?

Last year, when Florida was looking for a new OC, I was not alone in saying that all candidates should be wary because Muschamp was floundering and on the hot seat.

If you are a Gene Chizek, say, and Fedora is unwilling to allow you to have total control over the D, including replacing all coaches if you feel that is best, then you will not go to Chapel Hill.

All signs point to Fedora being too stubbornly arrogant and loyal to buddies and succeses from CUSA days to give up control of the D.

Chizek has two daughters in high school. They are jrs. and he doesn't want to pull them out of school and uproot them. he also doesn't want to miss their sr year because he's in Chapel Hill and they're in Auburn. That's the sticking point...nothing to do with anything you mentioned. He can make a couple of mil and stay home...but he has asked for time to weigh his options. He hasn't turned UNC down as of yet.

As far as I know Odom is the only candidate to say no. He took the DC job at his alma mater instead.

Woad, the dude you quoted doesn't work for, or cover, the ACC. Nor is he a reporter or analyst in any way. He's a Wuffie nutjub who makes your average Pack Pride poster look like a Mensa member. Check his tweet history. All he does is tweet ad nauseam to people like Dan Kane and ESPN begging them to write more bad crap about UNC. Another of his favorite pastimes is tweeting at our committed football recruits and telling them not to go to UNC because of all of our cheating and what not.

I'd highly suggest you unfollow. Dude needs to be reported to Twitter. I believe IC posters have done it a few times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT