ADVERTISEMENT

Fantasy football

Never say never.

Collusion? I simply asked to trade since she'd given up. That option was open to anyone playing.

I'm pretty sure somewhere in the beginning, we discussed this being a competitive league for the entire season. Leagues where certain members give up suck...but for those members to then give away their best players is unacceptable (I'll halfway spare the fact that you guys are as close as you are, so the notion of "everyone could have asked" is a lame argument, at best). But back to the "giving up" part -- that entire mentality just ruins the entire league -- it creates an easy win for everyone she faces going forward and is a complete disservice to everyone she supposedly "tried" to beat earlier in the season. At bare minimum, anyone just giving up on the season should have the decency to go on auto pilot and put the best players in the starting lineup.

As for trades - I think it's pretty safe to say that trades should be in the best interest of both teams. That doesn't necessarily mean that the numbers are evenly-matched, but it means that both teams trading believe that trade will better their chances to win. Example -- if I'm a team in desperate need for a RB, but I have a ton of Tier 1/2 WRs...I would not have an issue with trading a top-tier WR for a mid-level RB...that move would appear to be an attempt at adding value to the RB spot. Might be a terrible trade, on paper, but at least there was motivation behind it trying to get better. But giving away players for the sole purpose of tanking and giving up, is flat out unacceptable.

If I'm in the minority here, I'll stand down and wish you guys the best next year.

I'm pretty sure somewhere in the beginning, we discussed this being a competitive league for the entire season. Leagues where certain members give up suck...but for those members to then give away their best players is unacceptable (I'll halfway spare the fact that you guys are as close as you are, so the notion of "everyone could have asked" is a lame argument, at best). But back to the "giving up" part -- that entire mentality just ruins the entire league -- it creates an easy win for everyone she faces going forward and is a complete disservice to everyone she supposedly "tried" to beat earlier in the season. At bare minimum, anyone just giving up on the season should have the decency to go on auto pilot and put the best players in the starting lineup.

As for trades - I think it's pretty safe to say that trades should be in the best interest of both teams. That doesn't necessarily mean that the numbers are evenly-matched, but it means that both teams trading believe that trade will better their chances to win. Example -- if I'm a team in desperate need for a RB, but I have a ton of Tier 1/2 WRs...I would not have an issue with trading a top-tier WR for a mid-level RB...that move would appear to be an attempt at adding value to the RB spot. Might be a terrible trade, on paper, but at least there was motivation behind it trying to get better. But giving away players for the sole purpose of tanking and giving up, is flat out unacceptable.

If I'm in the minority here, I'll stand down and wish you guys the best next year.
Fine... I'll just drop the players from the trade.

I traded early in the season with Hark and no one batted an eye. I lost interest when I missed the draft. I don't have time to check it since I am in the middle of changing my line of work (thanks Obama lol) and not even watching the NFL games this year anyway. If anyone wants my players, just say so. I didn't think it would be a problem since any other FF league I've done in the past, trading was done regularly. Am I playing with a bunch of girls here or what??? Geez

Fine... I'll just drop the players from the trade.

Strum,

Hypothetically, of course, how is this different from any one of us using two email accounts to set up two teams...wait to see which one of them has the best chance of winning the title, and then unload all the top players to stack the better of my teams? Again, purely hypothetical.

That trade is crap and strum knows it.

Checking out on the league because you suck is also crap but that's exactly why I don't like mixing women and sports. That's the kind of shit they do.

I saw this coming. That's why I had to have my arm twisted to join the league in the first place. I play in another league that's a big money league. But I personally know all the guys in the league therefore I don't fear these types of shenanigans.

Reactions: UNC '92
Strum,

Hypothetically, of course, how is this different from any one of us using two email accounts to set up two teams...wait to see which one of them has the best chance of winning the title, and then unload all the top players to stack the better of my teams? Again, purely hypothetical.
You're right. That's why I'm dropping the players. I definitely do not want to win with an edge.

Maybe it's because I'm a girl or maybe it's because I'm d enough to not let stupid little things bother me, but it is fantasy friggin football. Tell Hark to trade me back my good players then and from now on boys don't trade at all.

I will add them back and don't worry. No more playing with you guys so be relieved lol

We have to somehow bury those players though. The rest of us shouldn't be able to pick them up either. Maybe the commissioner (or Chick herself) can add them back to Chicks team so they're not in the FA pool.
I already put Brandin Hooks back out in the pool. Take him if you want. I have to trade the Indy receiver back to her because he was one of her first 2 picks. I can't put him out into the pool.

[QUOTE="chick_bleeds_carolina_blue, post: it is fantasy friggin football.[/QUOTE]

I say that about my wife and her obsession with Facebook and grocery shopping.

This is just getting lame as hell. Feels like this is a Participation Trophy League.

Maybe it's because I'm a girl or maybe it's because I'm d enough to not let stupid little things bother me, but it is fantasy friggin football. Tell Hark to trade me back my good players then and from now on boys don't trade at all.

I will add them back and don't worry. No more playing with you guys so be relieved lol

Don't act like we f*cked it up. You and strum did. You apparently have never played FF before because no league of self respecting football fans would allow that wacky trade to go through uncontested. If we allowed that, what would prevent me from calling up gteeitup and concocting a scheme where I trade all my good players to him under the condition he pays for my wifi with his winnings.

Seriously, it's one thing to try and get away with some underhanded stuff but then to act like everything is on the up and up is ridiculous. Do you take us all for fools?

I regret bringing this up.

Don't regret it. Honestly, it's mind boggling that the audacity is even there to think these shenanigans are okay. I'm sure the feeling is (with rolled eyes, of course)..."Gosh, it's just a stupid game. What's the big f'kin deal?!?" Which is why I agree with Slinger about being selective of who is playing. If the entire group doesn't match the competitiveness, it kills it for everyone else.

And FWIW, I'm not trying to point fingers, but that's just how it is. We were upfront about this in the beginning regarding sticking thru the whole year, regardless of teams record, weren't we?

Don't regret it. Honestly, it's mind boggling that the audacity is even there to think these shenanigans are okay. I'm sure the feeling is (with rolled eyes, of course)..."Gosh, it's just a stupid game. What's the big f'kin deal?!?" Which is why I agree with Slinger about being selective of who is playing. If the entire group doesn't match the competitiveness, it kills it for everyone else.

And FWIW, I'm not trying to point fingers, but that's just how it is. We were upfront about this in the beginning regarding sticking thru the whole year, regardless of teams record, weren't we?
About half of the league is barely participating. It happens. This is fantasy football. We have 20 bucks invested in this and we're doing it for fun. I've already pled guilty for whatever I was culpable for doing. There wasn't a single post in this thread for six weeks until I made the trade heard round the board. So, it's not like this league is on fire with fierce competitiveness. I am glad it gave dick a chance to bitch about something I did. That never gets old.

Don't act like we f*cked it up. You and strum did. You apparently have never played FF before because no league of self respecting football fans would allow that wacky trade to go through uncontested. If we allowed that, what would prevent me from calling up gteeitup and concocting a scheme where I trade all my good players to him under the condition he pays for my wifi with his winnings.

Seriously, it's one thing to try and get away with some underhanded stuff but then to act like everything is on the up and up is ridiculous. Do you take us all for fools?

I have played FF before and even with some Dook fans and they were not whining about trades, in fact, we traded often. If Strum wins, it is not like I win too! No one said a word when Hark traded with me in the beginning, several players. WTF???? It's like playing with two year olds around here.... oh wait, they are Trump supporters, nevermind.... forgot! smdh

Should I alert everyone every time Strum and I visit each other or call each other too???? We were not doing anything sinister in your little FF game, promise! I just said I did not have time to fool with it now and since I missed my draft and allowed Hark to have those players initially, that he could trade me if he wanted to. I would have said that to any one of you had you asked, period.

I have played FF before and even with some Dook fans and they were not whining about trades, in fact, we traded often. If Strum wins, it is not like I win too! No one said a word when Hark traded with me in the beginning, several players. WTF???? It's like playing with two year olds around here.... oh wait, they are Trump supporters, nevermind.... forgot! smdh

Should I alert everyone every time Strum and I visit each other or call each other too???? We were not doing anything sinister in your little FF game, promise! I just said I did not have time to fool with it now and since I missed my draft and allowed Hark to have those players initially, that he could trade me if he wanted to. I would have said that to any one of you had you asked, period.
They have a point. It wasn't right to do it- the way I did it- so I take responsibility. But, I don't follow who traded what with whom. I don't care who trades what with whom, frankly. But, obviously I'm in the minority. I'll take the criticism. It wasn't malicious on my part, but that's subjective. I just needed a receiver! If we didn't know one another personally, I doubt this would have ever been mentioned. So, I get it. I understand why the handful are pissed and I respect it.

Trades are ok when they're equatable. But that trade between you and strum wasn't by a long shot.

What you and strum do is of no concern to me...until it possibly prevents me from earning a dollar. As far as as you making that trade with anyone else, it wouldn't have happened because everyone else in the league would have had better sense that to to try that.

I am glad it gave dick a chance to bitch about something I did. That never gets old.

I'm glad it happened too. Now we have record of you creating fake accounts and trying to swindle other board members out of money. You're really making a name for yourself here strum.

I'm glad it happened too. Now we have record of you creating fake accounts and trying to swindle other board members out of money. You're really making a name for yourself here strum.
giphy.gif

I'm always open to listen to offers. My issue is Cam Newton and Amari Cooper -- my top 2 picks. I never thought the reigning MVP and the #1 WR in a pass-happy Oakland offense would be as bad (stat-wise) as they have been this year, Such is (fantasy) life though.

@gunslingerdick locked up a playoff spot this weekend. It's going to come down to the final weekend to decide who gets into the playoffs. We've got a 10-3 team currently in 2nd place and three teams currently sitting at 9-4.

Reactions: gteeitup
Actually, there is a best losers bracket for the first four out. The NIT of the fantasy football league.

GMAFB. Do you think everyone should get a participation trophy too?
Cancel that. I checked the settings and it's not set up for a losers bracket. I do still have the option to expand the field if you guys want to do that.

Cancel that. I checked the settings and it's not set up for a losers bracket. I do still have the option to expand the field if you guys want to do that.
Considering only half of us are actually paying attention to the league, it's up to you.

Considering only half of us are actually paying attention to the league, it's up to you.
That's one reason I would rather do 4. We know whoever makes the top four were paying attention, so effort won't be in question. Also, if we went to eight, the eighth seed would have a losing record. Just feels wrong for a sub .500 team to possibly win the whole thing. I plan on leaving it at four, but if enough of you want to expand it, I can do that.

I think 6 would be fine as opposed to 8, but I'm fine keeping it at 4 too. Or better yet - lets see where I'm sitting after this week and we can make the decision.

I will be fairly bummed out if I don't make it though, it'd be the only of my 5 leagues that I didn't make it in. The Gronk injury boned me big time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT