ADVERTISEMENT

Fantasy football

I thoughtit was 6
No, it's the standard 4 team. I've never played in one that was more than 4 and that is the default setting. Of course this is by far the biggest league I've been in so that's why I'm willing to change it if there are enough participation trophy people who want to do that.

@gunslingerdick locked up a playoff spot this weekend. It's going to come down to the final weekend to decide who gets into the playoffs. We've got a 10-3 team currently in 2nd place and three teams currently sitting at 9-4.

I wish we gave prize money for winning the regular season. In my other league that I play every year, we do a bunch of cool stuff. First off, it's $100 to enter the league (10 teams). Then we charge $2 for every transaction you make (although we limit each team to 20 transactions). But most teams use between 12-15 transactions and drives up the total money in the pot (usually finishing in the $300 range). Then we hand out prizes for (1) winner of the regular season - $250, (2) the team that had the best week of the year (most points scored) - $50, (3) winner of the playoffs (we allow 8 of the 10 to make the playoffs) - $500, (4) second place of the playoffs - $150, and (5) third place of the playoffs - $100. That totals $1050. That usually leaves us about $250 in the pot. That money is used to feed everyone for our end of the year gathering (usually just a bunch of pizza) and then the winner of the playoffs gets whatever is left over (usually another $100 or so). This is the 11th year I've been in this league. In the previous 10 years, I've taken some kind of cash prize in 7 of them. Giving out a bunch of different prizes keeps everyone engaged even if their season starts off poorly and it has kept most of the league all the same over a decade period of time.

But I am not in favor of changing it from 4 to 6 or 8 at this point.

I wish we gave prize money for winning the regular season. In my other league that I play every year, we do a bunch of cool stuff. First off, it's $100 to enter the league (10 teams). Then we charge $2 for every transaction you make (although we limit each team to 20 transactions). But most teams use between 12-15 transactions and drives up the total money in the pot (usually finishing in the $300 range). Then we hand out prizes for (1) winner of the regular season - $250, (2) the team that had the best week of the year (most points scored) - $50, (3) winner of the playoffs (we allow 8 of the 10 to make the playoffs) - $500, (4) second place of the playoffs - $150, and (5) third place of the playoffs - $100. That totals $1050. That usually leaves us about $250 in the pot. That money is used to feed everyone for our end of the year gathering (usually just a bunch of pizza) and then the winner of the playoffs gets whatever is left over (usually another $100 or so). This is the 11th year I've been in this league. In the previous 10 years, I've taken some kind of cash prize in 7 of them. Giving out a bunch of different prizes keeps everyone engaged even if their season starts off poorly and it has kept most of the league all the same over a decade period of time.

But I am not in favor of changing it from 4 to 6 or 8 at this point.
I wouldn't be opposed to doing some of that next time. I think if we do it next year I'm going to limit it to 10 teams though. Maybe whoever is in the top 10 this year gets an automatic invite next year, assuming everyone wants to play. Thanks for all of the ideas now that we are a couple of months in.

The field is set. #2 seed G7 Summit will be facing #3 seed IMO That's a Fact and #1 seed Honkey Kong will be facing #4 seed Suh Girls one cup. The NIT bracket will feature #5 seed Gary's Tidbits vs. #8 seed Nofu Kinwei and #6 seed GMAFB will be facing #7 seed Strumming Rams. As a reminder the winner of the main bracket will be getting $20 from each person and the winner of the NIT bracket will get the right to say they are the best loser.

The field is set. #2 seed G7 Summit will be facing #3 seed IMO That's a Fact and #1 seed Honkey Kong will be facing #4 seed Suh Girls one cup. The NIT bracket will feature #5 seed Gary's Tidbits vs. #8 seed Nofu Kinwei and #6 seed GMAFB will be facing #7 seed Strumming Rams. As a reminder the winner of the main bracket will be getting $20 from each person and the winner of the NIT bracket will get the right to say they are the best loser.

I know Suh Girls is @gteeitup. Who are the other two?

This season was a complete disaster -- worst fantasy team I have ever fielded.

You liked that poast, you doosh.

200_s.gif

I don't ever think we came to an official agreement on that. The winner can decide what they want to do.

I guess if @gteeitup @gunslingerdick @Raising Heel and I all agree to something - that will be what we do, right? And if there's no unanimous opinion then we'll do winner take all.

There's 14 teams so $280 in the pot, I'd do 200-60-20 or something like that, or would you guys wanna do winner take all?

Reactions: gteeitup
I guess if @gteeitup @gunslingerdick @Raising Heel and I all agree to something - that will be what we do, right? And if there's no unanimous opinion then we'll do winner take all.

There's 14 teams so $280 in the pot, I'd do 200-60-20 or something like that, or would you guys wanna do winner take all?

initially i was for winner take...that's how my other leagues work, but anything is cool...your idea works for me.

I'm in the middle of moving and gearing up for year-end closes for several clients, so time is becoming scarce...just let me know where I'm sending my $20 and I'll shoot it over.

I wasn't sure exactly what the agreed upon plan was, but if I need to pay up, I shall. Might have to wait until 2017 though when I get paid at work, but congrats gteeitup!

of course i was kidding ^^^^

nobody agreed on anything, but i think the popular idea was 200, 60, 20.

and i my paypal account was hacked...if you can send cash or check that'd be cool or tell me another way.

of course i was kidding ^^^^

nobody agreed on anything, but i think the popular idea was 200, 60, 20.

and i my paypal account was hacked...if you can send cash or check that'd be cool or tell me another way.
I need an address...

just fixed my paypal...some fraud occurred last week to the tune of $2900...luckily i caught it and the merchant stopped pay...some scary stuff.

gbmeyer@sc.rr.com

or if mailing

15 foot point rd
columbia sc 29209

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT