ADVERTISEMENT

Gene chizik is expected to be new DC

YESSSSSS

I know it takes time to build a great defense, but my expectations for next year just skyrocketed.

This post was edited on 1/1 8:44 PM by uncboy10

I think the thing this hire says to me is Fedora is not going to control the defense and wanted someone trusts to run it and run it right. Personally, I like this hire and the statement it makes about the seriousness being put into turning things around.

Chizek is among the most well liked and respoected coaches in the game. That is how he built such a super staff at Auburn that won a National title. That means Chizek could build a dream D staf at UNC if he is allowed to do so.

I hope that he is given free rein and the first call he makes is to Tommy Thgipen. Thig under Chizek as our RC (at least for D) and LB coach will be central to buildinga D as good as Oregon has.

Not that the offense is bad. But I still have questions about Seth. Didn't look as good as when under Bblake. Now I also know the problems with lack of Schollies and stuff and plus a young OL. But this is a start. I just think it would be great to to have an elite OC and Fed could be the CEO and let his coaches coach like the bib boys do never know Seth may be the man with the full allotment of players and some experience. especially again on the OL. Go Heels!!!!!

I am stunned, but I am thrilled. This is a big time hire. I won't quite believe it until I see it.

Originally posted by bobby121567:
Not that the offense is bad. But I still have questions about Seth. Didn't look as good as when under Bblake. Now I also know the problems with lack of Schollies and stuff and plus a young OL. But this is a start. I just think it would be great to to have an elite OC and Fed could be the CEO and let his coaches coach like the bib boys do never know Seth may be the man with the full allotment of players and some experience. especially again on the OL. Go Heels!!!!!
Agreed! I am very excited about Chizik but I'm not sure about Seth. Offense looked great on occasion but a lot of play calls were definite head-scratchers. We never seem to try to establish a running game with anyone other than Marquise and we throw way too many deep throws that are totally dependent on the receiver (Hollins or Switzer) making a great play on the ball. Sometimes that works but a lot of times it does not. Anyway, I hope this is a sign of better times for the defense; can't be much worse. Go HEELS!

Great Hire I do believe .... Hope he can get Thigpen back to UNC & Bly here too ....
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Grill then again maybe Fed can call the plays like a Chip Kelly and some other coaches do if Seth not the answer. That's how he got his first HC job because of being a really good OC at some big time schools. But again Seth may be really good. Just delt a bad hand in his first year. And a D as bad as ours was last year. My have tried to over coach for the fact he felt they had to score on every prcession.

this is a WOW hire...

it absolutely sends the message we are truly serious about football...

what a way to start the new year!!!

I remember when UNC had that nasty, lock down defense that teams feared. Not saying we will get that again, but I sure do like what this defense can be with the right personnel on the sidelines and on the field. I think we have enough talent defensively to be pretty good next year. With the right recruiting classes we could be dang good in a few years.

I know people are concerned about the offense and I agree, we DO have some concerns there but defensively we just plain sucked and there was no doubt that absolutely had to be adeessed immediately. This hire is a dang good hire, IMHO and one that should bring immediate benefits.

The mooers are in rare form concerning the hire, lol. They're really enjoying the little birdy UNC just flipped them and ol' candy kane...but not nearly as much as I am.
laugh.r191677.gif

Originally posted by heelbent:

The mooers are in rare form concerning the hire, lol. They're really enjoying the little birdy UNC just flipped them and ol' candy kane...but not nearly as much as I am.
laugh.r191677.gif
They have fallen apart (again) over this hire. Going as far as saying Auburn will pay for this action. They really said that.

Impressive hire, very glad to see it. Now, if we can bring Thigpen back from Tenn, as Woad mentioned earlier, it also sets up Thig as natural promotion to DC in a couple years when Chizek moves on to a HC job after re-building this D.

WOW . . . fantastic hire for our DC. The experience and credentials that he brings is of the highest level. And the Moo fans are upset . .? Dayum . . . how sweet is that . . LOL@NCS

It's been a great week for us Heels fans, first Jalek Felton comes on board, and now Gene Chizik.

LOVE IT

Originally posted by UNC '92:

laugh.r191677.gif
They have fallen apart (again) over this hire. Going as far as saying Auburn will pay for this action. They really said that.
They are collectively insane. That and their endless enviousness make them as revoltingly unpleasant as any fan base in the country has ever been.

When I first saw this headline, I thought it was April 1st and not January 1st. All I can say is hell yeah! Let's go Heels! I definitely am excited about the future now, instead of dreading more of the same next year.

laugh.r191677.gif
Ugh, this made me go over there and check in on the state of things and now i just feel dirty.
sick.r191677.gif

Guys and Gals stay calm . . . they haven't even finished making the cool-aid, yet. Time will tell and let him earn it. Sometimes I think you all would get excited if we hired little orphan annie.

I'm new, so sorry about asking what is probably a very naive question, but:

I hear some guy named Bob Lee is saying that Chizek may not be a done deal....Is there any way this wonderful hire gets derailed?

Originally posted by UNC9T:

I hear some guy named Bob Lee is saying that Chizek may not be a done deal....Is there any way this wonderful hire gets derailed?
BobLeeSez is a weird bird, of the Chapel Hill sort. He has written, in his smarmy way, that the good ole days for UNC football were with everybody eaccepting mediocriity, because then there would be no host of dumb jocks. He seems focused on some wild hope that if UNC would go 100% against lowering any academnic standards for football players that the ACC would follow, and then so would the Big Ten and then the Pac. And it would be fun once again.

He is as hopelssly deluded as the Pacifist Liberals who beleived that if only the US would renounce nukes, the Chiese and Moslem terrorists s would so the same and embrace peace.

Is there a way the hire could ge derailed? Yes. The UNC administration and faculty have lots of well emaning fools who think very much like BobLee. And they will not stop unless they are forced.

And I should emphasize that every POS Wuffie loves BobLee. As Bill Friday was a textiles grad from ole MooU, that is fitting.

When trash loves you, you are serving trash.

What do you guys/gals think about this.

I know we all want Tommy back. Makes a lot of sense. Since Chizik has been given the keys to the "D" what do you think about him possibly bring in Greg Robinson?
1. they were co-D-Coordinators for the NC Longhorns team that beat USC
2. both learned under Monte Kiffin so their D philosophy mirror each other
3. since they coached a NC defense one can only assume they work well together
4. they were both HCs at major universities
5. Gene is currently DC at SJS with a $170K salary so he is affordable

Bringing in the duo the lead a NC team and a top notch recruiter could be a devastating trifecta

Thanks for the info Woad. Bob Lee sounds like a useful idiot, I will recognize him as such going forward.

Thanks for the info Woad. Bob Lee sounds like a useful idiot, I will recognize him as such going forward.
Useful for all of our enemies.

Fanatic, you might want to check your info. Robinson wasn't the co-DC at Texas in the national championship season. That was Duane Akina. Robinson didn't get there until 2013 (Mack's last season).

Robinson's performance has been a mixed bag. He was great with the Broncos' Super Bowl teams but terrible at Syracuse and Michigan. He seems to have rebounded well at Texas and San Jose State.

Interesting tidbit I've gleaned from compiling weekly statistics: San Jose State leads the nation in passing defense and it's not even close. The Spartans have only allowed 118 passing yards per game. That's ridiculous. The next closest team is Clemson at 157 yards per game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT