ADVERTISEMENT

George Floyd death

It was a joke.

Drew Brees is what he's always been, a very very conservative rich white guy. He just had zero awareness yesterday with his comments when you think about his locker room and the climate of America this week.

He's a really good dude, I like Brees a ton. He should have just shut up yesterday. His apology, as far as apologies go, was spot on. Just wonder if he lost that locker room.

He's not always been rich.

Yeah not going to lie, I’m not going to kneel and apologize for something I didn’t do. I can acknowledge the ills of the past and seek better solutions for the present without all the dumb posturing. Because that’s all it is those people in Houston are doing.

I don’t have anything to apologize for. But I want to see reform. That’s my stance.

so well said!

the poorest person in this country is still in the top 3% of the most wealthy people ON EARTH. so cry me a frickin river about "privilege" while you post on your smart phone and go back to a house, with a roof over your head to watch TV.

someone call the wammmmbulance.

so well said!

That being said it would do all of us some good if recognize that black people have been mistreated for far too long in this country and are far behind everyone else in wealth in prosperity.

Bad Policing is something they bear the brunt of, but even among whites and Latinos there have been unfortunate incidents that need addressing. Biggest issue is training and lack of accountability.

That being said it would do all of us some good if recognize that black people have been mistreated for far too long in this country and are far behind everyone else in wealth in prosperity.

Bad Policing is something they bear the brunt of, but even among whites and Latinos there have been unfortunate incidents that need addressing. Biggest issue is training and lack of accountability.

it's going to fall mostly on good cops to whistleblow on the bad ones - LONG before brutality happens. whatever "code" may exist has to go away.

His parents were both attorneys (his dad being a big time one) and he's made $244M in the NFL.

Wanna find me a non rich point in his life?

i cant speak about Brees parents in particular, but attorneys are notoriously bad at handling money and living in high debt .... aka, appearing rich but actually living paycheck to paycheck.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
it's going to fall mostly on good cops to whistleblow on the bad ones - LONG before brutality happens. whatever "code" may exist has to go away.

100%

Im not for the abolishment of their Unions but I would set up specific oversight to make sure complaints are heard and bad cops are fired without going through a ton of red tape.

Reactions: bleeduncblue
100%

Im not for the abolishment of their Unions but I would set up specific oversight to make sure complaints are heard and bad cops are fired without going through a ton of red tape.

being in/around the golf business all of my adult life i have always had many friends/students who were active/retired LEO (they play a TON of golf) ... over the last decade i've had many candid, private conversations with them about brutality, profiling, etc etc and it definitely seems like there is an unspoken code / unwritten rule book that leads to a lack of whistle blowing.

and now they face the problem of having a hard time getting NEW LEO due to the stigma toward them ...enrollment is down coast to coast. hard to blame anyone for NOT wanting to be a cop anymore, to be honest.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
being in/around the golf business all of my adult life i have always had many friends/students who were active/retired LEO (they play a TON of golf) ... over the last decade i've had many candid, private conversations with them about brutality, profiling, etc etc and it definitely seems like there is an unspoken code / unwritten rule book that leads to a lack of whistle blowing.

and now they face the problem of having a hard time getting NEW LEO due to the stigma toward them ...enrollment is down coast to coast. hard to blame anyone for NOT wanting to be a cop anymore, to be honest.

Not to change the subject but what do you do in the golf business? I love to play I try and play at least once a week but try to get 2 or 3 rounds a week in!

Last edited:
tumblr_m9ttknzjN21r6dfoeo1_500.gif
!

His parents were both attorneys (his dad being a big time one) and he's made $244M in the NFL.

Wanna find me a non rich point in his life?

Ok, point made on money. So you think his opinion came from being rich? I'm far from rich but much of what he said, I agree.

Ok, point made on money. So you think his opinion came from being rich? I'm far from rich but much of what he said, I agree.

I think you agree with him for different reasons...

I think Brees' opinion just stems from his life. He grew up rich. He grew up in a very conservative Texas household (in fact, his father quarreled with his 2nd wife's father, who was a Democratic congressman). He's very religious.

People who grew up and live in that environment tend to not side with radical displays of civil rights injustices. Sure there are some, but given what we know about Brees' environment, I'm not surprised he was anti-Kap kneeling and now against these protests.

Reactions: strummingram
I think you agree with him for different reasons...

I think Brees' opinion just stems from his life. He grew up rich. He grew up in a very conservative Texas household (in fact, his father quarreled with his 2nd wife's father, who was a Democratic congressman). He's very religious.

People who grew up and live in that environment tend to not side with radical displays of civil rights injustices. Sure there are some, but given what we know about Brees' environment, I'm not surprised he was anti-Kap kneeling and now against these protests.
He's made it pretty clear from the jump that he's ok with the protests. People seem to forget that because of the kneeling thing.

He's made it pretty clear from the jump that he's ok with the protests. People seem to forget that because of the kneeling thing.

Yeah, I should have put "radical protests" (i.e. ones that turn violent toward cops and/or looting/rioting/defacing of property)

Yeah, I should have put "radical protests" (i.e. ones that turn violent toward cops and/or looting/rioting/defacing of property)
I don't think many people, black or white, are for the radical protests. Brees is in pretty good company with that opinion.

I don't think many people, black or white, are for the radical protests. Brees is in pretty good company with that opinion.

I think on certain things, yeah, of course. Very few people condone robbing a Gucci store.

But there's a huge debate going on with the Robert E. Lee statue. Lots of white people are against that being defaced (it's now being removed) and lots of black people are very much for defacing that symbol of the Confederate army.

I think there's more nuance when you get into the more controversial pieces of acts of protest like the Lee statue.

If the Lee statue comes down, then all the monuments on Monument Avenue in Richmond will come down. It will just be a matter of time.

Not to change the subject but what do you do in the golf business? I love to play I try and play at least once a week but try to get 2 or 3 rounds a week in!

i've been a PGA teaching pro for almost 20 years (after playing collegiately/professionally). it's a great but insanely frustrating game. the cilantro of the sports world: folks either love it or hate it (and often both at the same time!)

i've been a PGA teaching pro for almost 20 years (after playing collegiately/professionally). it's a great but insanely frustrating game. the cilantro of the sports world: folks either love it or hate it (and often both at the same time!)

I just played today in Anderson sc at Cobbs Glenn played pretty good in the front (41) then the wheels fell off on the back (47).

It will drive you crazy if you dont just take it as it is.

It's kinda strange that the people who complain about white victims of police brutality not getting enough attention, have nothing to say about cops roughing up protesters.

The arrogance of those cops is appalling.
And to see the one cop start to bend down and help the bleeding 75 year old man, but another one pulls him away. Pathetic.

and resigning from special units to show solidarity to the officers fired is grotesque...apparently they are getting support from higher officials which speaks to an entirely different problem.

I don't think cops are ever going to regain the trust of the general public at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT