ADVERTISEMENT

Heels LAX

Again, we we trying to go too fast and lost the possession.

Now it's up to the D, again.

That is awful. Just absolutely awful.

Ref on a complete bullshit call affects the national championship game

Reactions: HeelFan58
Just gonna leave this here. You know who you are.

Eat%20Crow.jpg

I was going to do a separate post on Coach Breschi win or lose.

I was completely wrong about him as a coach and his ability to get his team to win big games.

Last year around this time I called for his head after yet another frustrating loss.

I got into it with another poster and bad blood was created.
I have been following Carolina lacrosse since the late 70s and felt we were so far away from the glory days of the 80s that my frustration got the best of me

No excuses though I was just plain WRONG... as wrong and hasty in my judgment as I could possibly have been about Coach Breschi, his program and what his players felt feel and think of him

As a person he is someone that has had real sorrow and pain in his life, losing his 3 year old son in a car accident several years ago.

His persistence, caring for his players and the class he demonstrated really was a revelation to me the last few weeks..he is the type of man that if I had a son ,I would want him to play for Coach Breschi

This teams performance will go down in the history of Carolina athletics as one of the very Best, and Coach Breschi deserves all the praise and credit that comes his way.

I humbly dine at the table of remorse and eat my plate of crow knowing that in the future I will be less likely to have my frustrations and emotions get the best of me again.

In the meantime, all praise, glory and honor for a fantastic job by Coach Breschi his staff and the players ...they are truly CHAMPIONS

I do hate Maryland, in every sport, in every way. So this weekend has been very special.

Hats off to Coach Breschi. I think we had 7 consecutive teams before this one that could have won it all. And that means that if this team had floundered all year, as it did to open the season, I would have been ready for a change. What I hope is that this smashing of the ice will mean a run of many years. Next year, the team should be better, as in no more than 2 Ls better. This team has only 5 seniors.

Think about that. Breschi has loaded us with talent, and that was true in 2010.

I was completely wrong about him as a coach and his ability to get his team to win big games.

Last year around this time I called for his head after yet another frustrating loss.

I have been following Carolina lacrosse since the late 70s and felt we were so far away from the glory days of the 80s that my frustration got the best of me

No excuses though I was just plain WRONG... as wrong and hasty in my judgment as I could possibly have been about Coach Breschi, his program and what his players felt feel and think of him

As a person he is someone that has had real sorrow and pain in his life, losing his 3 year old son in a car accident several years ago.

His persistence, caring for his players and the class he demonstrated really was a revelation to me the last few weeks..he is the type of man that if I had a son ,I would want him to play for Coach Breschi

This teams performance will go down in the history of Carolina athletics as one of the very Best, and Coach Breschi deserves all the praise and credit that comes his way.

I humbly dine at the table of remorse and eat my plate of crow knowing that in the future I will be less likely to have my frustrations and emotions get the best of me again.

In the meantime, all praise, glory and honor for a fantastic job by Coach Breschi his staff and the players ...they are truly CHAMPIONS

Nice post, Max . .

Great weekend for UNC lacrosse. The game today gave me a few more gray hairs but it was worth it.
I think it was better to break the hearts of the Twerps, fans and players and coaches, that way than to win going away.

And as the Twerps have had such great success at women's lacrosse, that one hurts them as badly as this one, just in a different way.

Reactions: UNC71-00 and BillyL
The 2016 Tar Heel lacrosse seniors: thanks for the memories: # 0 Steve Pontrello; # 2 Patrick Kelly; # 6 Jake Matthai; # 77 Zach Powers; # 99 Evan Connell.

This year, more than any other, I have started to develop an interest in the women's game. The differences from the men's game make it unique, and now that I see how that is true, I can appreciate it much more. The 2016 women's Tar Heel lacrosse seniors: #1 Mallory Frysinger; # 8 Alyssa Andress; # 13 Sammy Jo Tracy (I keep thinking she may have another year of eligibility); # 17 Megan Ward; # 25 Devin Markison; # 27 Aly Messinger.

Spoken like a true gentleman. We all understand how frustration can make one emotional. Glad you were able to enjoy the game.

Go Heels!

I do hate Maryland, in every sport, in every way. So this weekend has been very special.

Hats off to Coach Breschi. I think we had 7 consecutive teams before this one that could have won it all. And that means that if this team had floundered all year, as it did to open the season, I would have been ready for a change. What I hope is that this smashing of the ice will mean a run of many years. Next year, the team should be better, as in no more than 2 Ls better. This team has only 5 seniors.

Think about that. Breschi has loaded us with talent, and that was true in 2010.

There are few things in sports more rewarding than beating Maryland. Their fans are the worst, most foul mouthed, uncouth in all of sports and they left the ACC because of "Carolina Bias"

They should have said that they left the ACC so as not to have to play UNC so frequently.

Breschi is an alum and as fine a man as you would ever want to meet. The day we start firing a guy like that for only making it to the Final 8, as his teams had done plenty of times, is a sad day for Carolina.

University of National Champions!

GDTBATH

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT