ADVERTISEMENT

How bout them Panthers!

i think they could still play next year...maybe not though, can't recall all of the clauses involved.

by the way, do you guys ever watch "all 22" game film?...i'm not fooled by norman at all...he baited dez two weeks and dez didn't bite, probably b/c he's still hurt...that's not an excuse for head-hunting, but it's been seen on "all 22" that norman does more than just talk trash.

at any rate, you guys know damn well that nobody was getting booted yesterday from a game of that magnitude with that kind of perceived star power.

remember when deion and rison went at it for like thirty seconds at the los?...they weren't tossed either iirc.

All Josh Norman does is talk. That's what all the good corners do. I don't care what the man says, just choose not to listen to him and beat him. What's so hard about that?

All Josh Norman does is talk. That's what all the good corners do. I don't care what the man says, just choose not to listen to him and beat him. What's so hard about that?

you should see the film then...he's giving guys the business through the whistle.

i actually don't mind it...i do mind the ear hole shot though...beckham should've gone at him straight up if he was so offended by norman and what his mates were spouting off about.

Like I said, don't like what Norman does? Beat him. He didn't. Instead, he resorted to cheap shot after cheap shot and made it all about him and not about the team. That's 100% on Beckham. It's really as simple as that.

OBJ threw a punch at a Bills player earlier this season, and cheap-shotted Norman and Finnegan yesterday. Norman can get chippy and run his mouth, but Beckham totally lost it yesterday. He dropped an easy TD on the Giants opening drive and he went downhill from there.

Like I said, don't like what Norman does? Beat him. He didn't. Instead, he resorted to cheap shot after cheap shot and made it all about him and not about the team. That's 100% on Beckham. It's really as simple as that.

You're correct that Beckham was completely out of line. But if the Giants had won that game like they easily could have, would you have been ok with people saying "well if Norman doesn't like what Beckham did, beat him, which he couldn't "?

I hope we get to see Norman try to guard Gronk and Edelman in the Super Bowl, because beat him they very well could. Unfortunately I think the cardinals will prevent that awesome super bowl matchup with a win in the NFC championship game.

Lets just call this what it is:

1. You have a scrappy kid from South Carolina who went to an unknown mid-major school, who has had to fight tooth & nail to get to this position every step of the way...sleeping on people's couch, getting benched, fighting through adversity. It is understandable, to me at least, that this guy is fiery as hell -- when you come up with this Me Against The World mentality, that becomes engrained in you. This hasn't changed - the only thing that has changed is that now the national media is beginning to take notice.

2. You have another guy who was a highly-touted recruit in high school, played for LSU, was a star from Day 1 in the media's eyes b/c of one catch in prime time. He is used to the constant - mostly positive - attention that he gets.

3. Put those two dynamics together and now you have -- One guy who has fought for everything going against a guy who, in many respects, has had things pretty easy in terms of his path to this level. OBJ simply got smacked in the mouth by someone who is feistier, hungrier, and still trying to prove his worth at this level...and OBJ couldn't handle it.

It is no different than any other bully in school who gets his sh*t handed to him when the unknown kid couldn't take it anymore. It's a rude awakening of sorts and no one expected it, especially OBJ. This is a VERY similar path that Richard Sherman took, sans him playing for Stanford -- he was doubted too until they shocked the world against Peyton Manning in the super bowl.

On top of that, you have the Giants, being a major market franchise, in ESPN's backyard (literally), and driving TV ratings....up against lowly Charlotte. Call it what it is here -- they are protecting their golden boy, their main attraction, and their revenue source. Plain and simple.

Well, I mean, if Beckham is going to go head-hunting and concuss the guy, then no. Did Norman try to injure Beckham?

I guess you could argue Norman ripping Beckham down by his facemask could realign his neck/spine in a chiropractic way - but I'd assume it was with the intent to hurt him. Again... Beckham was more in the wrong here, but playing off Norman off as "all talk" is pretty naive. And I despise OBJ.

Lets just call this what it is:

1. You have a scrappy kid from South Carolina who went to an unknown mid-major school, who has had to fight tooth & nail to get to this position every step of the way...sleeping on people's couch, getting benched, fighting through adversity. It is understandable, to me at least, that this guy is fiery as hell -- when you come up with this Me Against The World mentality, that becomes engrained in you. This hasn't changed - the only thing that has changed is that now the national media is beginning to take notice.

2. You have another guy who was a highly-touted recruit in high school, played for LSU, was a star from Day 1 in the media's eyes b/c of one catch in prime time. He is used to the constant - mostly positive - attention that he gets.

3. Put those two dynamics together and now you have -- One guy who has fought for everything going against a guy who, in many respects, has had things pretty easy in terms of his path to this level. OBJ simply got smacked in the mouth by someone who is feistier, hungrier, and still trying to prove his worth at this level...and OBJ couldn't handle it.

It is no different than any other bully in school who gets his sh*t handed to him when the unknown kid couldn't take it anymore. It's a rude awakening of sorts and no one expected it, especially OBJ. This is a VERY similar path that Richard Sherman took, sans him playing for Stanford -- he was doubted too until they shocked the world against Peyton Manning in the super bowl.

On top of that, you have the Giants, being a major market franchise, in ESPN's backyard (literally), and driving TV ratings....up against lowly Charlotte. Call it what it is here -- they are protecting their golden boy, their main attraction, and their revenue source. Plain and simple.

This is completely accurate and well put. Great post.

Well, I mean, when it gets to the point where Beckham isn't even running routes anymore and just focusing on attacking Norman and trying to concuss the guy, what do you expect?

Yea lets call it what it is. Two pos prima donas trash talked and taunted their way into making freaking fools
Of themselves for the world to see. Yea one made a bigger fool than the other fwiw but it was a ridiculous display.

Reactions: Archer2
Yea lets call it what it is. Two pos prima donas trash talked and taunted their way into making freaking fools
Of themselves for the world to see. Yea one made a bigger fool than the other fwiw but it was a ridiculous display.

True.

But Normans job is to take Beckham out of the game. Beckhams job is to contribute. Hence the W to Norman.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Congrats falcons, you just won your super bowl. Now go shove that dirty bird up your Azz, because you still suck and your sorry asses will be sitting home in January.

Congrats falcons, you just won your super bowl. Now go shove that dirty bird up your Azz, because you still suck and your sorry asses will be sitting home in January.
They're celebrating like they did just win the super bowl or something. Pathetic.

I'd rather the Panthers lose now and get refocused for the playoff push.

Panthers head just not in it today. Let an inferior team win. This games means little over all unless Tampa finds a way next week. I only wanted the undefeated title, but will settle for a super bowl appearance. Need to refocus and win the rest of their games. Panthers, you are not immortal. Keep your head in the game or you will embarrass yourselves in the playoffs

Its just so hard to go undefeated for a season, everyone wants to be the one that beats the unbeaten.

Forget about the 'L' and focus on your next opponent.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Panthers head just not in it today. Let an inferior team win. This games means little over all unless Tampa finds a way next week. I only wanted the undefeated title, but will settle for a super bowl appearance. Need to refocus and win the rest of their games. Panthers, you are not immortal. Keep your head in the game or you will embarrass yourselves in the playoffs
Yep, I'm hoping this loss will open their eyes and get their heads straight. They will have to play next week like it's the playoffs already.

Couldn't block, couldn't pressure, couldn't catch, couldn't throw. Hopefully, the pressure of going undefeated was on their minds today...they looked bad. Time to focus on home field advantage through the playoffs. #KeepPounding

Got that out of the way. Time to secure home field throughout and focus on the only thing that matters.
Considering how good Arizona is, the Panthers HAVE to lock up the #1 seed. If they meet the Cardinals in the NFC Championship game in their stadium, that's likely not going to go well for the Panthers. We need all games in Charlotte.

Hope that was a wake-up call. A lot of factors going into this one, between the national media attention surrounding their perfect season + OBJ, Atlanta being pissed about the shellacking they got 2 weeks ago and this essentially being their "Super Bowl," they decided to sit out J.Stewart and get C.Artis-Payne some work, etc...

But that said - have said for weeks that the only team that could beat Carolina was Carolina, and I think that finally happened. Luke missing tackles, the personal fouls in the 1st quarter that allowed Atlanta to tie it up at 7, Cam missing throws (granted he was pressured), etc.

They've gotta refocus and take Tampa Bay behind the woodshed. Let the Playoff picture play out as it may...regardless of who they play, if they come out like they're capable, the opponent won't matter.

They've gotta refocus and take Tampa Bay behind the woodshed. Let the Playoff picture play out as it may...regardless of who they play, if they come out like they're capable, the opponent won't matter.
Agreed (mostly)... Arizona worries me because they put so much pressure on your defense with Palmer's throwing ability and the stable of good, fast receivers they have. The loss of Bene' could hurt if the Panthers play the Cards for the NFC championship.

Has been my absolute favorite season of panthers football. 3 games to go. I hope someone takes the seahawks out before we face them

Thankfully, Arizona got Seattle in their bracket so we will only face one of them. We get either green bay or Washington. Did Arizona play their starters Sunday?

Thankfully, Arizona got Seattle in their bracket so we will only face one of them. We get either green bay or Washington. Did Arizona play their starters Sunday?
Hey Gray, I'm not sure about that. If Seattle beats Minnesota (which is very likely), they will come to Charlotte. The Seahawks are the 6 seed and the Panthers get the lowest seeded team to advance past the wildcard weekend.
There is the potential that the Panthers play Seattle and Arizona back-to-back; at least the games would be in Charlotte.

Bring on Seattle; I want them. I'm tired of losing to them every single freaking year. I know we beat them earlier this year in their own building, but I don't care. I want them in the playoffs. Bring it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT