ADVERTISEMENT

How bout them Panthers!

Looking at the 2016 bracket, we would not see them till the division final

Looking at the 2016 bracket, we would not see them till the division final
You can't go by the bracket in the NFL. They reseed, so we would get the lowest remaining seed after the Wild Card round. Not necessarily the teams that are grouped with us in the bracket.

Charles Tillman tore his ACL and obviously out for season. This probably ends his career. Given his recent history, I was surprised he lasted as long as he did. We've played without him and obviously did just fine, but these mounting injuries in the secondary are something to keep an eye on.

Yeah, we have adapted reasonably well, but going into the playoffs with such a depleted secondary is disconcerting. Hope Stewart is ready to go, too. Again, we have adapted to his absence, but we need him as the stakes get higher and the level of competition goes up.

I think the Peanut Tillman injury hurts more from the mental side than the on-field production. I would take a 100% healthy CB with fresh legs over any other player trying to play through a partially torn ACL. How do you go full speed, make cuts, aggressively go after passes, make tackles in the open field, etc...when you're leg is hanging on by a thread (literally)?

I know Tillman and Ron Rivera have history dating back to their days in Chicago...wouldn't be surprised to see Tillman end his playing career and move into a coaching role with the DB's here...especially if McDermott gets a head coaching gig and current assistants get promoted (keep hearing that Steve Wilks would be next in line for the DC spot).

To me, the Bene injury hurts more than Tillman. And we need a pass rush again -- not sure why Ealy and Addison aren't getting more run but that could be an issue as well.

So I know it is what it is but it sucks that #1 seed gets to play the hottest (and LUCKIEST) team while #2 seed gets either the winner of the weakest division in Washington, or a majorly struggling Green Bay team.

Go Panthers!

I would rather play Seattle, personally. Even during Carolina's technically-rebuilding years, they played Seattle down to the wire every time and it came down to 1 or two key plays that decided it. I am sure they'll put Baldwin in the slot to force-feed him the ball, but I like our chances of Luke and T.Davis covering the middle of the field there...and when they do take a deep shot, I like our chances with J.Norman covering him.

Also pretty sure they will get "Beast Mode" back, but what exactly are you getting there? Again, I trust our defense. Not to mention, J.Stew has been resting for over a month now too....Seattle ain't the only ones coming in with a fresh starting RB.

Oh...and I kinda like that the national media has been saying for weeks that Seattle is the "most dangerous" team in the playoffs. This group of Panthers seems to feed off that...we should be thanking ESPN.

On the other side...do we really want to see Aaron Rogers over a Seattle team that struggles to score? Not me. Save is for the NFC title game.

Ideally, we take Seattle to the wood shed and GB handles Arizona.
It's not the team Seattle plays that concerns me. It's the fact that they have had success against us for so many years that bothers me. But if they play like they did yesterday, we will win by 30. I just hope with our win on them earlier this year that we will have put that past us

Reactions: TarHeelMark
If Carolina loses, it'll be b/c they beat themselves.

Seattle has been so good the past few seasons b/c they re incredibly fundamentally-sound -- they rarely beat themselves and they come at you for the full 60 minutes. Most teams in the league are not MENTALLY tough enough to handle that.

The problem Seattle has is that -- the reason they are always neck-and-neck with Carolina is that the Panthers are the same way in many respects.

The tipping point here is that simply, Carolina has more talent. Seattle is down to their 3rd string TE (assuming the "other Wilson" is out next week)...their 3rd string RB (pending Lynch's mental status -- FWIW, it's "odd" that he practiced all week last week, and then he took himself out the day before the team leaves....there's something behind the scenes there, trust me).

ESPN "oohs and aahs" at Russell Wilson making miraculous plays like he did yesterday, but if you watch the tape...the ball bounced right back into his hands, and he saw a wide open receiver b/c the Minn DB (Captain Munnerlyn) was sprinting to try to recover the fumble -- he left his man wide open. That is the CLEAR definition of beating yourself -- stay home on your man...Wilson is sacked and the score stays 9 - 0. It's really not rocket-science to what they do here...they are just a mentally tough group and Carolina needs to match that. And I really think they will.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
I am a Redskins fan but temporary Panther ... Today the utter and complete humiliation and destruction of the Russell Wilson led SHwaks is continuing. I want the Panthers to score SEVENTY hell Eighty. Just smash them and and their ahole QB back to the Left coast where they can wallow in misery in their depressing rain soaked home for the offseason GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want SEVENTY TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going to be a long 2 weeks waiting for the big game. Exciting time for blue teams named Carolina

Heelman, that article is awesome. Just imagine where we would be if we had not wasted that draft pick on cam. The writer must have really hated auburn. Wonder what he will write if cam takes the broncos to the wood shed in 2 weeks.

Reactions: heelmanwilm

A couple weeks ago, someone from the Charlotte Observer reached out to this guy to see if he'd changed his opinions. The guy came off as a jerk in the interview. Ultimately, he argued that Bleacher Report had asked him to write an inflammatory piece as "click bait."

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/panther-tracks/article53692735.html

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT