ADVERTISEMENT

How long will Fedora stay after this?

Your right, I don't know what Fed is feeling right now, but neither does anyone on this board. Your still missing my point though. Let's assume that he hates her after this and wants to punch her in the face. Does his relationship with her carry that much weight? I think the other things that I mentioned are more important to a coach, so I don't think what she did will end up causing Fed to leave or have a bad opinion of the school as a whole.
Yes, it does carry that weight. First, you cannot trust her not to run off the AD you do trust. Second, you have proof that she will embarrass you publicly, and that can harm your career.

Fedora is not a UNC grad. He was not a long time UNC assistant. He has been in Chapel Hill only 5 years. He does not have anything close to rootedness at UNC. And he took over under very trying circumstances, cleaning up messes made by others, including Folt's predecessor.

Here is what I know: if Jay Smith had devised a plan to make Fedora consider UNC to be an institution that will dump on you (making it likely he would start looking for another job), it would have looked like what Folt did.

Reactions: randman1
Your right, I don't know what Fed is feeling right now, but neither does anyone on this board. Your still missing my point though. Let's assume that he hates her after this and wants to punch her in the face. Does his relationship with her carry that much weight? I think the other things that I mentioned are more important to a coach, so I don't think what she did will end up causing Fed to leave or have a bad opinion of the school as a whole.

Ultimately she's his boss and he sees she has no problem throwing him under the bus for something where all he was doing was trying to help a friend rebuild his reputation. Do you really think Fedora is that dumb and that loyalty does not matter to him? Now even moreso because of Folt's stupidity his friend is probably that much more removed from any possibility of getting a football job again. I doubt Folt even had the decency to meet with Beckman to try and understand him and his side and help him out as a person. That seems like what UNC used to and should be about but it has completely lost its purpose!!!! What a great story it could have been if he truly is remorseful and wants to learn and UNC provided him that beginning opportunity but now we look like spiteful holier than thou types who just don't really care about others.

The difference from Ford and Dorrance is the timing, nothing more. And quit blaming the media. There are plenty of alumni and Rams Club members who were upset about it, including a few on this very board.

Were the alumni/RC members that were upset about it upset because of the actual addition of him as a volunteer, or because of the backlash they (correctly) predicted would come from the media?

If the latter, while I don't agree that we should be cowering from the media at every turn, I can at least see that angle, given the mess that we're finally starting to dig ourselves out of. If the former - what do these people think would happen with him on the staff as a lowly volunteer assistant? Some environment of him beating the crap out of players and calling their heart into question when they get injured, and manipulating injury reports? As if A) he would have the power to do any of that as a volunteer B) he hasn't learned from what happened in the past and C) everyone else on the staff would turn the other way and let that crap go on?

Do you really think Fedora is that dumb and that loyalty does not matter to him?
I never said he was dumb. If he doesn't put a lot of weight in his relationship with her that doesn't make him dumb. I've heard a lot of coaches leave because of money, support from the athletic department and facilities. I've never heard of one leaving because a chancellor didn't fully support them. I just don't see him saying "the hell with it" and leaving just because of her statement. I could be wrong, but he doesn't come across to me as that type of guy.

Were the alumni/RC members that were upset about it upset because of the actual addition of him as a volunteer, or because of the backlash they (correctly) predicted would come from the media?
I can't claim to speak for anyone but myself, but I first learned about it via a thread title on Blue Heaven and was immediately troubled. No media input necessary. I try to live my life by the edict that "discretion is the better part of valor."

If the latter, while I don't agree that we should be cowering from the media at every turn, I can at least see that angle, given the mess that we're finally starting to dig ourselves out of. If the former - what do these people think would happen with him on the staff as a lowly volunteer assistant? Some environment of him beating the crap out of players and calling their heart into question when they get injured, and manipulating injury reports? As if A) he would have the power to do any of that as a volunteer B) he hasn't learned from what happened in the past and C) everyone else on the staff would turn the other way and let that crap go on?
I think it was the latter and I think if Folt would have been given a heads up instead of finding out about it when someone asked for a comment she would have not made that statement.

Oh and Fed might feel that

this makes no sense OR you have no idea what our response was to the ANOA. You think she cares enough about our image to ditch Beckman, but doesn't care about our response to the ANOA regarding one of the largest embarrassments in the university's history?

When it is all over, i'm probably going to feel satisfied with the outcome of this NCAA mess and i'm going to give lots of credit to the Folt Administration - a) they are making academic side happy by adding reforms and getting a million investigators (Martin, Wainstein, etc), b) they are doing their best to limit the sanctions by telling the NCAA how to interpret their own rules and calling them out on BS.

Sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree. And I DO know what is in the response because I read it. If you think for one minute Folt or ANYONE on the academic side would have the cajones to tell the NCAA (which, BTW, has NO control over ACADEMICS at ANY university) to go pound sand, then you haven't been paying attention to them at all. The academics at UNC are notorious for hating all things athletic, especially big time college football. The last thing any of them want is a successful UNC football program, which is why they threw football under the bus to try and avoid any digging into the AFAM program.

No, they had almost nothing to do with the response to the NCAA because it had little to do with academics. The NCAA and the response to their inquisition is about athletics. Bubba and the lawyers handled the response. She might have signed off on it, but since the NCAA can't tell UNC what to do with academic programs, she has no reason other than "reputation" and the university's image to even be involved with the response. THAT is why it told the NCAA they could suck eggs. This whole mess was an ACADEMIC issue from the beginning which had barely more than half of the people over the last 20 years taking the classes being athletes. Aside from women's basketball having some serious issues with an employee steering players to crip classes, no other evidence points to anyone telling the players on any team to go take these classes. Why? They didn't have to. Heck, when I was in college EVERYONE knew which classes and professors were the easy A's.

Make no mistake about it, ALL she cares about is the academic side and the school's reputation in the eyes of the press. If football were to go up in flames tomorrow I dare say you would never hear her say she was upset about it.

Now, should Bubba or Fed have consulted or at least told her about the hire? Perhaps, but had UNC not been under a microscope for the last 5-6 years I dare say this would have never even made the press. Yes, I can see where this would not have been a smart move, but I wasn't upset with it since he didn't have player interaction, wasn't paid and since he settled with Illinois, telling me perhaps at least some of it wasn't 100% accurate.

Heck, we ALL know how the press screws things up to fit their agenda, so why do we assume everything said about Beckman was the gospel?

Regardless, it is over now and SHOULD blow over. Of course we know Kane and his minions are probably out there now trying their best to uncover some new "scandal" to nail us on.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Now get me I fell in love with this university because of watching UNC basketball with Coach Smith back in the late 60's and certainly loved Phil Ford but he wasn't exactly a saint with his alcoholism. If I remember correctly I don't seem to remember the University or the basketball crowd concerned we actually employed him and in this case Fedora didn't pay Beckman but just had him as a volunteer. We lifted Phil back up and helped him all we could but hey Fedora's not really one of us as he didn't go here and certainly not Beckman so it's no problem throwing them out with the trash.

Amen. This thing stinks to high heaven. First, it has nothing to do with the NCAA. Second, UNC and heck the whole state need to grow a pair and stand up to bullies and the media, over a lot of situations. Once you show weakness and basically tell the media they can nitpick the smallest thing and get away with it, once you don't stick up for yourself, you are going to be bullied.

This bleeds into social and political issues as well. There are plenty of states doing all sorts of things the PC crowd could bully but NC is the one boycotted because the residents of the state don't have enough sense to be outraged at the companies and groups boycotting them and instead direct it towards their own fellow tar heels. There will always be something, regardless of political affiliation, that some group can make a stink about and you show weakness, you might have big corporations and others joining in on the beatdown.

Pathetic. The chancellor acted disgraceful, imo. She should have stood up for the truth, namely that our coach does things the right way and part of that has to do with being a man of ethics and compassion and that includes trying to help a man when he's down. Anyone disagreeing with that has no heart, etc, etc,....and then close with such hiring decisions are totally left up to Bubba and Fedora, and then if she privately wanted him to go, she lets them do it while showing support. But she probably shouldn't even lean on them one or another.

Sorry Randman, you and I agree on a lot of things but I think this is making a mountain out of a molehill. I think Fed's relationship with the AD is much more important to him than his relationship with Folt, and Bubba has his back. Not a bit surprised that the PTB caved in to PC and terminated the relationship, especially considering the 4+ years of negative press our university has been through. And I think the same thing would have happened if Roy had tried to help one of his buddies rebuild his reputation. The university just wasn't going to allow it. I'm also confident that Folt informed Fed of the decision before it went public.

As I said yesterday, I was divided on Fed's decision to bring his friend on board after allegations of such a serious and sensitive nature had caused his friend his previous job. So this comes as no surprise to me. And frankly, Fed should have run the idea by Bubba and perhaps even Folt before he brought his friend on board. Perhaps he did tell Bubba but not Folt, we may never know.

But if something this minor causes Fed to leave, he wasn't very committed to start with. We're building a state of the art indoor practice facility and someone stated he was one of the top 25 highest paid coaches. If that doesn't suffice, don't let the door hit you in the butt as you leave.

Sorry Randman, you and I agree on a lot of things but I think this is making a mountain out of a molehill. I think Fed's relationship with the AD is much more important to him than his relationship with Folt, and Bubba has his back. Not a bit surprised that the PTB caved in to PC and terminated the relationship, especially considering the 4+ years of negative press our university has been through. And I think the same thing would have happened if Roy had tried to help one of his buddies rebuild his reputation. The university just wasn't going to allow it. I'm also confident that Folt informed Fed of the decision before it went public.

As I said yesterday, I was divided on Fed's decision to bring his friend on board after allegations of such a serious and sensitive nature had caused his friend his previous job. So this comes as no surprise to me. And frankly, Fed should have run the idea by Bubba and perhaps even Folt before he brought his friend on board. Perhaps he did tell Bubba but not Folt, we may never know.

But if something this minor causes Fed to leave, he wasn't very committed to start with. We're building a state of the art indoor practice facility and someone stated he was one of the top 25 highest paid coaches. If that doesn't suffice, don't let the door hit you in the butt as you leave.

I hope you are right, and Bubba was on board with the hire for a volunteer position. I think the chancellor handled it very poorly. Just hope it doesn't give Fedora pause as to whether UNC really is the best fit for him.

Just saying Baddour had Davis' back and that didn't exactly work out to well for Butch so not having Folt on your side does seem to be a bit of a big deal to Fedora I would think. Folt would have cared less if the local media hadn't gotten involved so this only feeds them more ammunition to go after UNC every chance they can because now she has proven they can influence her so that has to worry our coaches and even our players. I certainly wouldn't trust Folt to have my back if I was in their position.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
What was the purpose of Folt saying anything..You pay Bubba and Fedora to do a job let them do it...
To show she can piss most importantly even if not the farthest. That way she could try to appease both the media and the anti-football among the UNC faculty and administration.

Reactions: KOOL123
Pay him what he deserves? You do realize coach Fedora is one of the top 25 coaches paid in the country right?

And if the goal was to build a top 25 program then that would be adequate. Personally I think he has us on trajectory to be a top 10-15 team consistently that is considered one of the ACC's playoff contenders.

If he gets us there, then he should become one of the top 10 best paid coaches in the country. I'm not saying he isn't being paid well enough now. I'm saying that if the improvements continue then he's going to need a raise. If we're willing to pay him the kind of money that SEC schools pay top coaches, and he's at a highly visible program like UNC, where it's also easier to make runs at the playoffs, I think he sticks around.

I legitimately believe Larry Fedora could bring a national championship to Chapel Hill. Two or three more years of 10+ win seasons and the recruiting classes that go with them, and we'll be right where Clemson is getting to now, or at least close.

Make no mistake about it, ALL she cares about is the academic side and the school's reputation in the eyes of the press. If football were to go up in flames tomorrow I dare say you would never hear her say she was upset about it.
I think that's completely unfair. What evidence do you have for this statement? Or for saying that she had nothing to do with the response to the NCAA? Unless you've been privy to her interactions with Bubba and the Athletics Department, that's pure speculation. At the very least, I have to imagine that the response that was crafted for the NCAA had to meet her approval as well at the BOT considering its defiant nature.

Just saying Baddour had Davis' back
Please don't ever compare Baddour and Cunningham. Baddour was a spineless, inept, bureaucratic yes-man who rolled over at the first hint of adversity.

ETA: Sorry, that was mean. Baddour seemed like a likable enough fellow, and was able to keep the ship sailing along with clear skies and smooth water, but when we lost Dean and Mack within a year he showed that he was in over his head. Peter Principle and all that.

Last edited:
Keeping the Dook lacrosse coach looked bad on paper. But it would have been the only right thing to do.

When you show the media that you can be bullied, the media will keep bullying.

Fedora allowing Beckman to be a volunteer was not about adding to a needy D staff. It was giving a man you know a chance to learn from you and your DC so he can rehabilitate his reputation.
Stop bullying in it's tracks

I think that's completely unfair. What evidence do you have for this statement? Or for saying that she had nothing to do with the response to the NCAA? Unless you've been privy to her interactions with Bubba and the Athletics Department, that's pure speculation. At the very least, I have to imagine that the response that was crafted for the NCAA had to meet her approval as well at the BOT considering its defiant nature.

RH - If that seems a bit harsh, I am sorry. But given the administration's propensity to just roll over and after decades of academia's sometimes open hostility towards athletics - especially football - I am just a bit sensitive. And, frankly, tired of football being thrown under the bus.

Yes, it is speculation, but given what I have read and seen from Folt, I would bet my assessment of her attitude towards football is more accurate than not. Her job is to be the face of UNC and so it stands to reason her primary concern is with the school's image and not whether we can field a football team on Saturdays.

Her involvement in crafting the response wouldn't be much, especially given her position and the fact it was for the NCAA and not an academic institution. Did she "approve" it? I am sure she was part of the approval, but I imagine the BOT had more to do with that than she did. Given how the school has rolled over every other time something has been submitted, I cannot see how the would suddenly change. No, I imagine the lawyers and BOT said enough is enough and Folt, wanting it all to just go away, gave whatever "approval" she had to.

And, given how she just treated Fed in the press yesterday, I can't blame him or Bubba for not telling her beforehand. I wouldn't want her to know anything more than she absolutely had to simply because she has shown them she can't be trusted.

And for the record, I always liked Baddour, but agree he was in way over his head and completely mishandled both of those vacancies.

Anyway, this mess is done, so I sincerely hope this is the last we have to hear about Beckman, even though I think he would have been an asset this season. I guess we'll never know.

And if the goal was to build a top 25 program then that would be adequate. Personally I think he has us on trajectory to be a top 10-15 team consistently that is considered one of the ACC's playoff contenders.

If he gets us there, then he should become one of the top 10 best paid coaches in the country. I'm not saying he isn't being paid well enough now. I'm saying that if the improvements continue then he's going to need a raise. If we're willing to pay him the kind of money that SEC schools pay top coaches, and he's at a highly visible program like UNC, where it's also easier to make runs at the playoffs, I think he sticks around.

I legitimately believe Larry Fedora could bring a national championship to Chapel Hill. Two or three more years of 10+ win seasons and the recruiting classes that go with them, and we'll be right where Clemson is getting to now, or at least close.

I think so but this lame move by the chancellor in the way she handled this isn't helpful.

We are going to have to pay him more, a lot more as time goes by. Just hope the fan-base is energized sufficiently to bring in more revenue so we can do that. I really don't know the numbers but am sure if Kenan is sold out and we get bigger TV deal revenue, that will help a lot.

In terms of our success, if key players stay healthy and we perform as well as we did on offense last season, I think we could be a legit contender for a national title or at least runner-up this year. Next year, probably won't be as good but you never know. The defense could be better and offset some of the losses in offense, especially if Mitch's passing game goes to a whole new level.

We are going to have to pay him more, a lot more as time goes by. Just hope the fan-base is energized sufficiently to bring in more revenue so we can do that.

I love what Fed has done so far but we've got a ways to go before he's earned another raise, IMO. If we win our division and post another double digit win season, that will be another step in the right direction. Win the conference and he's probably due.

In terms of our success, if key players stay healthy and we perform as well as we did on offense last season, I think we could be a legit contender for a national title or at least runner-up this year. Next year, probably won't be as good but you never know. The defense could be better and offset some of the losses in offense, especially if Mitch's passing game goes to a whole new level.
I think you may want to pump the breaks a little there. I'm very optimistic about the direction in which our program is heading but nothing tells me we're a legitimate national title contender at this point. I'll be happy if we can repeat as division champs and play for the ACC title.

^^^ Yeah, let's string together two double-digit win seasons before we start talking about nattys. There is still a significant divide between us and, say, Alabama. Best we can do is continue to close that gap with recruiting and player development while at the same time letting Fedora and staff hone their craft as well.

^^^ Yeah, let's string together two double-digit win seasons before we start talking about nattys. There is still a significant divide between us and, say, Alabama. Best we can do is continue to close that gap with recruiting and player development while at the same time letting Fedora and staff hone their craft as well.
Let's win an ACC title that will be huge.

I love what Fed has done so far but we've got a ways to go before he's earned another raise, IMO. If we win our division and post another double digit win season, that will be another step in the right direction. Win the conference and he's probably due.

I think you may want to pump the breaks a little there. I'm very optimistic about the direction in which our program is heading but nothing tells me we're a legitimate national title contender at this point. I'll be happy if we can repeat as division champs and play for the ACC title.

Well, I should have elaborated. Yes, I think we can be a legit national contender this year. Next year we'd have to see Mitch and the receivers really step it up as well as the defense because most likely we won't have the same level of RBs and O-line. But the defense could be better, especially if some guys don't go pro. They probably will though.

After that, if all the coaches stay, I think we will be a very good football program. Not sure how long it will take to get to national contender status again. This is the year we have all the pieces IF the defense can do a little better.

Maybe but I thought Clemson was the better team against Bama but they lost due to some trick plays and better coaching. Shame that Clemson let down on the special teams stuff because they really looked like the more complete team.

Reason I said that is we hung with Clemson fairly well. It wasn't our defense either that lost it for us. Marquise was uncharacteristic in the first two thirds of the game in his passing, and yet when we finally had all pistons firing, we had a chance to win except for a bad call.

That's pretty amazing. We don't have the depth of some of these teams but if healthy, we are actually pretty doggone elite.

That's the issue. We are not as deep and so injuries can really hurt our chances, but it's not like with our starting guys and some of the 2-deep we are outclassed. We are a lot better than some UNC fans realize.

volunteers aren't supposed to coach or instruct players. luke decock is already circulating a picture of beckman instructing a player. this is a problem.

folt expects to go to work and not have to face the media about stupid things her employees have done. she trusts bubba and fedora to show better judgement.

to fedora this probably seems like a lack of support. k campbell could have been the first thing this year to p o fedora. beckman is probably the second. how many times do you put up with a perceived lack of support when a bigger dog comes calling?

we're under a microscope and bringing in beckman wasn't smart.

volunteers aren't supposed to coach or instruct players. luke decock is already circulating a picture of beckman instructing a player. this is a problem.
I know they say a picture is worth 1,000 words, but I don't see how anyone can tell a coach is instructing a player with one picture.

I think so but this lame move by the chancellor in the way she handled this isn't helpful.

We are going to have to pay him more, a lot more as time goes by. Just hope the fan-base is energized sufficiently to bring in more revenue so we can do that. I really don't know the numbers but am sure if Kenan is sold out and we get bigger TV deal revenue, that will help a lot.

I agree that we're a contender this year. They play one game at a time and there isn't a single game on the schedule that isn't winnable. In fact we'll be favored in probably 10 of them. And I think we should be favored over UGA which would make 11. This team has a ton of swagger going right now, if they come out and beat UGA then I think anything can happen. Its going to be a tougher road this year but I think the offense will be even better, and if the D improves as much as they did last year we can give Clemson a game and maybe sneak into the playoffs.

Well to be fair, Alabama arguably has the most dominant run in the history of college football going right now. They're several notches above the minimum benchmark for competing or possibly even winning a national title. The gap between us and teams like Oklahoma, FSU, and Michigan/tOSU is significantly smaller. All of those teams could very realistically win the national championship. And there isn't a single team on that list that we couldn't beat.

You're absolutely right though there's a long way to go. Especially where recruiting and player development are concerned. Winning will go a long way in a short period of time where recruiting is concerned. And who knows what Fed will accomplish now that he doesn't have one hand tied behind his back where recruiting is concerned?

folt expects to go to work and not have to face the media about stupid things her employees have done. she trusts bubba and fedora to show better judgement.

to fedora this probably seems like a lack of support. k campbell could have been the first thing this year to p o fedora. beckman is probably the second. how many times do you put up with a perceived lack of support when a bigger dog comes calling?

we're under a microscope and bringing in beckman wasn't smart.
Your last line, fitting the situation, was vomited ad nauseam by the Fire Butch crowd: we're under a microscope and keeping Butch would not be a good idea.

Fedora would have to be a nearly retarded optimist not to see this Folt move as in the same vein as Fold Em's great play to make it all go away. As he has worked under difficult circumstances, his view of Folt is far more likely to be a sense of deep resentment at her lack of appreciation for what he has done, deep resentment that she has so little faith in his judgment, deep resentment that she publicly tarred him, than any mere pique that will happily dissipate when the season opens. This is not going away. It will be part of any Fedora discussion about a raise for him and his staff, about facilities, about anything. He will be less likely to 'be reasonable' - much more likely to draw a line in the sand very early and refuse to budge.

And he definitely already has discussed with the family and close colleagues opportunities he did not pursue that would have meant more money and other perks.

Anyone who assumes this will not be a key part of Fedora leaving is, as I have already said, naive. He is not a Phil Donahue Beta male. And he was doing something not for himself, not for money, not for a easy W, not to gain recruiting advantage, but to help a friend in need. That rankle will grow if Folt does not properly take care of it behind the scenes.

My guess is that she is too much the sanctimonious academic feminist to care.

As for bringing in Beckman - it rarely is 'smart' to help someone who recently has been pilloried in one of the witch hunts now fashionable. It would not have been 'smart' for anyone at Dook to defend Mike Pressler and the Dook lacrosse players.

Fedora would have to be a nearly retarded optimist not to see this Folt move as in the same vein as Fold Em's great play to make it all go away. As he has worked under difficult circumstances, his view of Folt is far more likely to be a sense of deep resentment at her lack of appreciation for what he has done, deep resentment that she has so little faith in his judgment, deep resentment that she publicly tarred him, than any mere pique that will happily dissipate when the season opens. This is not going away. It will be part of any Fedora discussion about a raise for him and his staff, about facilities, about anything. He will be less likely to 'be reasonable' - much more likely to draw a line in the sand very early and refuse to budge.
I guess all that could be true, but I haven't seen anything from him that would indicate he is that type of person. I think he is the type of person that is happy to have the near unanimous support of everyone at UNC. The type of person who is happy to be at a school that is going to have top notch facilities. The type of person who is happy that he got a new contract when his performance warranted it. He just doesn't seem like a person who tells everyone to f**k off just because Folt made a stupid statement.

just curious... has anyone ever met coach? I based my opinion based on how I would feel if Folt had done that to me. If anyone has insight into how our coach would feel please feel free to share.

Your last line, fitting the situation, was vomited ad nauseam by the Fire Butch crowd: we're under a microscope and keeping Butch would not be a good idea.

And he definitely already has discussed with the family and close colleagues opportunities he did not pursue that would have meant more money and other perks.

Anyone who assumes this will not be a key part of Fedora leaving is, as I have already said, naive. He is not a Phil Donahue Beta male. And he was doing something not for himself, not for money, not for a easy W, not to gain recruiting advantage, but to help a friend in need. That rankle will grow if Folt does not properly take care of it behind the scenes.

My guess is that she is too much the sanctimonious academic feminist to care.

As for bringing in Beckman - it rarely is 'smart' to help someone who recently has been pilloried in one of the witch hunts now fashionable. It would not have been 'smart' for anyone at Dook to defend Mike Pressler and the Dook lacrosse players.

Great post. Really dumb move to throw the coach under the bus like this. What many don't seem to realize is every coach knows team chemistry and spirit has a lot to do with winning. But doesn't always happen like it did last season for us. It's an intangible that you don't want to screw up and little things like this could be a problem.

Just hope it doesn't affect us against GA. In some ways, this could be the most important regular season game, setting the tone for the entire run (hopefully). Obviously if there were a tie-breaker game for the Coastal, that would be bigger but this is a very important game. You don't want 3 losses in a row even if the other 2 were last season.
We need this win. We need the confidence, and we need the admin to show their support and shut the heck up about mickey mouse things like this hire.

I guess all that could be true, but I haven't seen anything from him that would indicate he is that type of person. I think he is the type of person that is happy to have the near unanimous support of everyone at UNC. The type of person who is happy to be at a school that is going to have top notch facilities. The type of person who is happy that he got a new contract when his performance warranted it. He just doesn't seem like a person who tells everyone to f**k off just because Folt made a stupid statement.

Hope so, and hope Folt realizes she made a mistake and does things in a more proper manner going forward. She should never have said anything. Let Bubba and Fedora deal with things like this. It's not like it was an infraction.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Hope so, and hope Folt realizes she made a mistake and does things in a more proper manner going forward. She should never have said anything. Let Bubba and Fedora deal with things like this. It's not like it was an infraction.
I don't have a problem with the boss saying she doesn't like it. Just say it to the coach and AD instead of the media.

I don't have a problem with the boss saying she doesn't like it. Just say it to the coach and AD instead of the media.
Exactly. If she had wanted to vent at Fedora and Bubba, fine. Do it behind closed doors. Everything stays in house.

That she did what she did means her ego and/or desire to appease the media and the Jay Smith types among the faculty and administration ruled the day. And that means she publicly insulted Fedora and Bubba in a way that means they can have no response other than to give her the middle finger when a decent job offer comes in.

I'm too old with too much experience watching UNC administrators harm UNC football to think any of that was an accident.

Do you live on the Mr. Rogers set? People with new job opportunities, and not just those in coaching, take the new offer quite often after the Boss has pulled a stunt, shall we say, and failed to ameliorate.

And after last year, after Fedora rebuilt under tough circumstances, he is going to have many opportunities to leave.

Do you live on the Mr. Rogers set? People with new job opportunities, and not just those in coaching, take the new offer quite often after the Boss has pulled a stunt, shall we say, and failed to ameliorate.

And after last year, after Fedora rebuilt under tough circumstances, he is going to have many opportunities to leave.
If it's me and I have everything that he has, then what she said wouldn't bother me enough to just pack up and leave. Fedora doesn't seem like he would leave for that reason. I get that you think it has a huge impact on Fedora, but I just don't see it. What do you see in Fedora's personality and history to suggest this will make a huge impact on his future decisions?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT