ADVERTISEMENT

Hypocrisy is overwhelming

Blue2010

Hall of Famer
Aug 8, 2010
Apologies for adding yet another political thread.

As most here know, I've been in the Trump camp almost from Day 1 because I'm in that group who truly wants an outsider to come in with an unbiased approach and with the backbone needed to really instill change, not just promise it. It really is a shame that Trump has made this election a complete cakewalk for Clinton - which is astonishing given the boatload of ammo that could be used against her. Trump simply cannot get out of his own way, and that is being generous.

But that aside -- I am sickened that we are in a position as a society where we can find stand up comedians utterly hilarious for saying far worse than this video of Trump. Mainstream television involves gang violence, among others. But there is no outrage. All of these athletes coming out saying this was not "locker room" talk...they must have played in church leagues their entire lives because I grew up playing sports, and this is EXACTLY "locker room" talk...I have heard far, far worse. Even further -- I don't believe he was even remotely serious. These are two dudes sitting on a bus just joking around, IMO. Yet, it gets twisted and blown out of proportion while HRC can "take this high road" as someone who really should be standing trial right now. It is truly amazing.

My bigger point though -- regardless of what you think of Trump or Clinton -- the audacity of us as a nation to play favoritism and condemn the exact same actions we enjoy and view as entertainment elsewhere is just over the top, for me.

Pray we get through the next 4 years. We're gonna need it.

It might be LMFAO worthy, but it's working. Trump has a massive case he could throw at HRC and he's completely inept at articulating this case. Once you get passed him fumbling his words, you're left with a "WTF did he just say?" look on your face.

Reactions: tarheel0910
The credit for this one goes to the Clinton campaign manager(s) I'd have to say. Just absolutely had their way with Trump's team, IMO (I'm assuming that's not too degrading, or un-PC, to say?). If the Trump team kept these debates and ads to strictly policy - they would have been in a much better position. Hillary branded herself as the second coming of Obama. The work was already done for them! They just had to make that a focal point of the discussion.

Instead, Clinton's team got the discussion away from the policies. They brought out all the insensitive, bigotted things they could find on him, knowing they could label him as a real "meanie". If Trump's team takes the high road, without harping on the emails and Wall Street payoffs (which everyone already knew about anyways), then her team comes off as the desperate ones. But they just knew that Trump couldn't back down from that challenge, and let his team dig their own graves.

The credit for this one goes to the Clinton campaign manager(s) I'd have to say. Just absolutely had their way with Trump's team, IMO (I'm assuming that's not too degrading, or un-PC, to say?). If the Trump team kept these debates and ads to strictly policy - they would have been in a much better position. Hillary branded herself as the second coming of Obama. The work was already done for them! They just had to make that a focal point of the discussion.

Instead, Clinton's team got the discussion away from the policies. They brought out all the insensitive, bigotted things they could find on him, knowing they could label him as a real "meanie". If Trump's team takes the high road, without harping on the emails and Wall Street payoffs (which everyone already knew about anyways), then her team comes off as the desperate ones. But they just knew that Trump couldn't back down from that challenge, and let his team dig their own graves.

Can agree with this.

Reactions: Grayhead
Apologies for adding yet another political thread.

As most here know, I've been in the Trump camp almost from Day 1 because I'm in that group who truly wants an outsider to come in with an unbiased approach and with the backbone needed to really instill change, not just promise it. It really is a shame that Trump has made this election a complete cakewalk for Clinton - which is astonishing given the boatload of ammo that could be used against her. Trump simply cannot get out of his own way, and that is being generous.

But that aside -- I am sickened that we are in a position as a society where we can find stand up comedians utterly hilarious for saying far worse than this video of Trump. Mainstream television involves gang violence, among others. But there is no outrage. All of these athletes coming out saying this was not "locker room" talk...they must have played in church leagues their entire lives because I grew up playing sports, and this is EXACTLY "locker room" talk...I have heard far, far worse. Even further -- I don't believe he was even remotely serious. These are two dudes sitting on a bus just joking around, IMO. Yet, it gets twisted and blown out of proportion while HRC can "take this high road" as someone who really should be standing trial right now. It is truly amazing.

My bigger point though -- regardless of what you think of Trump or Clinton -- the audacity of us as a nation to play favoritism and condemn the exact same actions we enjoy and view as entertainment elsewhere is just over the top, for me.

Pray we get through the next 4 years. We're gonna need it.

Don't lose faith- candidates internal polls show a tie right now.

Basically, the Hillary camp is trying to wear you down to the point where you don't even vote. Don't buy the hype.

You guys are paying way too much attention to what Hillary wants you to pay attention to. Trump destroyed her last night and they are in a panic.

You guys are paying way too much attention to what Hillary wants you to pay attention to. Trump destroyed her last night and they are in a panic.

I'm not listening to HRC's rhetoric. But I don't ignore that we have a public mass that can't see beyond what's in front of them. I'm more disappointed that Trump is proving to have no clue how to destroy this race. He has a mountain of crap to throw at her and yet HE'S the one playing defense IMO. Just disappointing.

Reactions: gunslingerdick
I'm not listening to HRC's rhetoric. But I don't ignore that we have a public mass that can't see beyond what's in front of them. I'm more disappointed that Trump is proving to have no clue how to destroy this race. He has a mountain of crap to throw at her and yet HE'S the one playing defense IMO. Just disappointing.

He's not on defense.

Most of Hillarys support is from people who always vote D. They are just very vocal as they can see the White House getting ready to flip.

What case is that?
Take your pick (some not all that could be listed):
Cattle Futures insider trading in Arkansas (Martha Stewart went to prison for much less)
Covering up slick willies infidelity and hiring "hit Teams" to bring down accusing women.
Typical attorney and Washington DC insider that controls government.
Email Scandal (obvious)
Benghazi scandal (obvious)
Clinton Foundation pay for play scandal and getting tax write offs for donating to their own foundation
etc.

Trump destroyed her last night and they are in a panic.

Paul Ryan and the RNC doesn't seem to think so, but, you can keep that brave face up if you want to. We all know different . .

You're a fan of 538.com right . . ? Have you seen that site's predictions lately . . ?

Take your pick (some not all that could be listed):
Cattle Futures insider trading in Arkansas (Martha Stewart went to prison for much less)
Covering up slick willies infidelity and hiring "hit Teams" to bring down accusing women.
Typical attorney and Washington DC insider that controls government.
Email Scandal (obvious)
Benghazi scandal (obvious)
Clinton Foundation pay for play scandal and getting tax write offs for donating to their own foundation
etc.
Well, I believe he has (and everyone else has) talked about these emails ad nauseum. So, he's thrown that one at her. But, if she's guilty, then he should throw it at her!

Covering up her husband's indiscretions is her choice, I guess. He's a horn dog, just like Donald. I'm not aware of women being murdered that he took a shine to. Lewinsky blamed the conservative obsession with his sexual activity with her. Maybe Hillary doesn't care who he has sex with any more than Jackie Kennedy, or Lady Bird Johnson, or Eleanor Roosevelt, or any other political marriage.

DC is loaded to the gills with former attorneys. Both sides are busting at the seams with former lawyers. So, that goes both ways and will alienate a lot of party faithful (not that I care).

Benghazi scandal is something he has chosen to avoid for some reason. Ask him.

I think both Trump and Clinton have been accused of corruption in donations in their "foundations."

Thanks for the list, however. Seriously.

66995930.jpg

I totally understand the LACK of appeal for Hillary Clinton. I get that completely. I empathize with that, actually. But, I do NOT understand the appeal of Donald Trump as a remedy AT ALL. And, after what I have seen from him in the last 2 debates, I'm voting for Clinton.

The desire for an outsider is justified. It's even welcomed, as we have seen. But, Donald Trump is just a joke. He's a caricature. I think even he knows it and revels in it.

I'm not aware of women being murdered that he took a shine to.
I put "Hit Teams" in quotes assuming most folks would realize it does not mean kill people, but bring them down. Although, there are some that think there are actually hit men that have done things for Clinton's. I.E. Vince Fosters death, etc. I am not one of them, but it is out there unexplained

Paul Ryan and the RNC doesn't seem to think so, but, you can keep that brave face up if you want to. We all know different . .

You're a fan of 538.com right . . ? Have you seen that site's predictions lately . . ?

Did the unions endorse Hillary yet? If they don't, what will you do then? In fact, I am pretty sure that your brothers and sisters in the Fraternal Order of Police signed on with Trump. Are you good with breaking ranks?

And as far as Paul Ryan and the RNC, I couldn't care less about those bozos.

Finally, 538 is a liberal's paradise. I only use that site to troll. But if you like the Ziz so much, feel free to spend more time there. I'm sure one of those guys will go to bat for you someday.

Did the unions endorse Hillary yet? If they don't, what will you do then? In fact, I am pretty sure that your brothers and sisters in the Fraternal Order of Police signed on with Trump. Are you good with breaking ranks?

Finally, 538 is a liberal's paradise. I only use that site to troll. But if you like the Ziz so much, feel free to spend more time there. I'm sure one of those guys will go to bat for you someday.

The IBT endorsed HC back in August.

Why would I want or even need one of the ZZLers to go to bat for me . . ?

The IBT endorsed HC back in August.

Why would I want or even need one of the ZZLers to go to bat for me . . ?

Oh, no wonder you are such a strong HRC supporter as of late.

And I doubt you would ever need one of those guys to step up for you. Company line and all that.

I'm disappointed in you. If you want to discuss a Ziz topic, let's do it on the Ziz. But you will have to watch closely- Im only on there about once a fortnight.

Oh, no wonder you are such a strong HRC supporter as of late.

And I doubt you would ever need one of those guys to step up for you. Company line and all that.

Of late . . ?

I bet on Clinton with a member of this site about a year ago, he wanted Tramp, with just 28 days to go, I kinda like my chances of winning that bet . .

I certainly don't know the ZZLers like you do, and I doubt but 3 or 4 know me . .

What company line is that you speak of . . ?

I put "Hit Teams" in quotes assuming most folks would realize it does not mean kill people, but bring them down. Although, there are some that think there are actually hit men that have done things for Clinton's. I.E. Vince Fosters death, etc. I am not one of them, but it is out there unexplained

There are some who think the pyramids were built by...well....

resized_ancient-aliens-invisible-something-meme-generator-i-m-not-saying-it-was-aliens-but-it-was-aliens-1824f9.jpg

I thought you were voting for Gary Johnson? Also, you make your voting decision based on presidential debates?
I did this time, yes. Donald convinced me to vote Hillary. Not an easy task. Her response to the Muslim woman's question last night had pretty profound impact on me. I don't like her corrupt connections and questionable decisions. But, she does have some idea of how the place is run. I also want Supreme Court justices that make decisions based on free-thinking and open-mindedness. I don't want someone who is trying to drag-in some Bible verse interpretation in order to rule on something, or that believes homosexuality is a "sin" or any other theocratic basis. And, Donald Trump is a narcissistic hack who did this as a goof and has no clue how government even works, other than how to work the system to benefit himself financially. It's a new low for the GOP to have ever nominated this man.

Johnson went full-blown nutty and I can't back someone who lacks knowledge like "name a worl leader you respect." I think he's got some stoner residue that has affected his capabilities to handle what is required to be president.

no clue how government even works
That's is a positive for me. I don't want a government insider. As for supreme court, her picks will sway the court ultra-liberal for 20 plus years. I disagree with you there. I like Justices that follow what is written in the constitution

resized_ancient-aliens-invisible-something-meme-generator-i-m-not-saying-it-was-aliens-but-it-was-aliens-1824f9.jpg

Reactions: UNC71-00
I did this time, yes. Donald convinced me to vote Hillary. Not an easy task. Her response to the Muslim woman's question last night had pretty profound impact on me. I don't like her corrupt connections and questionable decisions. But, she does have some idea of how the place is run. I also want Supreme Court justices that make decisions based on free-thinking and open-mindedness. I don't want someone who is trying to drag-in some Bible verse interpretation in order to rule on something, or that believes homosexuality is a "sin" or any other theocratic basis. And, Donald Trump is a narcissistic hack who did this as a goof and has no clue how government even works, other than how to work the system to benefit himself financially. It's a new low for the GOP to have ever nominated this man.

Johnson went full-blown nutty and I can't back someone who lacks knowledge like "name a worl leader you respect." I think he's got some stoner residue that has affected his capabilities to handle what is required to be president.

You can always write in Harambe... might be the best candidate out there.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Translation: I can't refute anything.

LOL...and the hits just keep on coming. What's to refute?

"Trump was just joking about sexually assaulting women."

Not really a defense, you know.

"Trump's still in this thing!!!"

No...he isn't.

"If he loses...it's Hillary's fault!!"

No shit.

There. Refuted. Or agreed with.

I'm not trying to convince people that America isn't great and I can make it great again.
Completely different topic than what you said about him making his fortune in current system. Although, isn't every politician saying they will make the country better "great". How is that different than hilldawg?

You "said" I was insane by your meme. I was playing along. Geez, proving my point about blindness. Thank you.

Let's go to the tape:

Although, there are some that think there are actually hit men that have done things for Clinton's. I.E. Vince Fosters death, etc. I am not one of them, but it is out there

Ummm...no I didn't "say" you were insane. I was indicating that you can find people out there who think all kinds of crazy things...like the Clintons have a paid hit squad...which you said you didn't believe. 'Cause that'd be insane. Like believing aliens built the pyramids.

You don't really believe either of those things...do you? o_O

Completely different topic than what you said about him making his fortune in current system. Although, isn't every politician saying they will make the country better "great". How is that different than hilldawg?
It's not a completely different topic at all. You've been implying that Trump, being an outsider, is going to fix everything that's wrong by offering a new approach. He may be an outsider, but he's as full of shit as any politician. I think he's even worse in that; not only is perfectly fine with the way things are, but even if he weren't, he has no idea how to get his improvements into actual policy. He knows how to grease palms on both sides from his outside role. If America is not "great", then he's a big part of the reason why.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT