ADVERTISEMENT

If Trump wins the White House....???

Okay now it's starting to feel like Facebook around here....I love the grammar police. My best friend is the best one too! (wink, wink). I lose my mind over the misuse of then and than. haha. You guys are cracking me up! lol

0ef855a77d83e98752ba2dc8499604c1.jpg

You believe your dislike for him is shared by everyone else. You are projecting.

If he was so disliked, he wouldn't be leading the primary.
I admit, I dislike the man with a passion. Just do the numbers, in the general election he will get the people who voted for him in the primaries. Who else is going to vote for him? I'll answer that, NO ONE. He will get almost no female votes, no minority votes, etc. In order for the GOP to put someone in the WH, they have to get a big chuck of the democratic votes. This is not going to happen, Hell, he won't get a large part of the GOP votes. Trump would be an electoral disaster for Republicans running for congress and state races.

I admit, I dislike the man with a passion. Just do the numbers, in the general election he will get the people who voted for him in the primaries. Who else is going to vote for him? I'll answer that, NO ONE. He will get almost no female votes, no minority votes, etc. In order for the GOP to put someone in the WH, they have to get a big chuck of the democratic votes. This is not going to happen, Hell, he won't get a large part of the GOP votes. Trump would be an electoral disaster for Republicans running for congress and state races.

The GOP vote and the dem vote don't matter as much in the general election. Most people vote to keep the other party out of office. Trump will get the vast majority of the GOP vote and Hillary will get the vast majority of the dem vote. The average voter doesn't understand the issues, so they vote according to the letter next to the name. The election, as always, will come down to who can get the independent vote.

Why will he get no female votes? Are you basing this on your gut or on polls?

Are you assuming that the democrat turnout will be the same in 2016 as it was in 08 or 12? Or will it be more similar to 1966-2004 And do you think the union democrats in the Rust Belt prefer Hillary's platform or Trump's protectionist trade policies? How do you think low income workers in the South feel about illegal immigration?

The only GOP votes which will go to Hillary over Trump are the establishment ones who need the status quo to continue their standard of living.

And finally, you are assuming Trump continues to be abrasive and rude during the general election campaign. I wouldn't assume that if I were you.

Why will he get no female votes? Are you basing this on your gut or on polls?

Are you assuming that the democrat turnout will be the same in 2016 as it was in 08 or 12? Or will it be more similar to 1966-2004 And do you think the union democrats in the Rust Belt prefer Hillary's platform or Trump's protectionist trade policies? How do you think low income workers in the South feel about illegal immigration?

The only GOP votes which will go to Hillary over Trump are the establishment ones who need the status quo to continue their standard of living.

And finally, you are assuming Trump continues to be abrasive and rude during the general election campaign. I wouldn't assume that if I were you.
Sorry, I just can't imagine Trump running this country. I may be wrong, and if I am, it will be biggest mistake in judgment I've made in my lifetime.

Sorry, I just can't imagine Trump running this country. I may be wrong, and if I am, it will be biggest mistake in judgment I've made in my lifetime.

You better start imagining it so you don't go into shock when it happens.

I didn't vote Trump in the primary here. Looks like I will be voting for him in November. I think most conservatives that didn't vote Trump in the primaries feel this way.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11

So that means that its a gut feeling, not anything based in fact? I wouldn't say it'd be the biggest mistake in judgment you've made in your lifetime (although to be fair, I don't know your life history). People are wrong about who they think will win an election all the time - nothing to be ashamed about if you are indeed wrong.

I didn't vote Trump in the primary here. Looks like I will be voting for him in November. I think most conservatives that didn't vote Trump in the primaries feel this way.

I didn't vote Trump either, because he wasn't running against Hillary in the primary.

I was starting to like trump at first. I thought "wow something new, no more pc, doesnt care about the media" then he started his attacks and petty insults. So disappointing. Hes a joke now imo. I would vote for the dem candidate before him now after the way hes behaved. Do we want someone so insecure and so lacking in self control in the white house? Its like letting a kid fly a 747.

Actually i prob wont vote for either.

I was starting to like trump at first. I thought "wow something new, no more pc, doesnt care about the media" then he started his attacks and petty insults. So disappointing. Hes a joke now imo. I would vote for the dem candidate before him now after the way hes behaved. Do we want someone so insecure and so lacking in self control in the white house? Its like letting a kid fly a 747.

Actually i prob wont vote for either.

He's been a joke the whole time, imo, I don't think it's something that came about with the insults and attacks. Personally, I do want someone so insecure (if that's the right word) and lacking self control in the white house. For just the reasons you mention in the beginning: something new, no more pc, doesn't care about the media. It will be a refreshing change, and show the country that we can elect people that aren't full-time establishment politician lifers. Trump can be the first to open the door, then in future elections we'll begin to elect real leaders (high profile economists, doctors, etc.) that will actually be able to do some good, as opposed to politicians who's only goal is to keep themselves in power.

I think your analogy of a kid flying a 747 is perfect. That's exactly what it will be like. However the beauty of it is: with the judicial branch, legislative branch, and the rest of the executive branch outside of Trump, it's virtually fool proof. So in this case, the kid is flying the 747 - but he has 50 well trained pilots behind him ready to take the controls if he does anything that could actually begin to put the plane in danger.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
He's been a joke the whole time, imo, I don't think it's something that came about with the insults and attacks. Personally, I do want someone so insecure (if that's the right word) and lacking self control in the white house. For just the reasons you mention in the beginning: something new, no more pc, doesn't care about the media. It will be a refreshing change, and show the country that we can elect people that aren't full-time establishment politician lifers. Trump can be the first to open the door, then in future elections we'll begin to elect real leaders (high profile economists, doctors, etc.) that will actually be able to do some good, as opposed to politicians who's only goal is to keep themselves in power.

I think your analogy of a kid flying a 747 is perfect. That's exactly what it will be like. However the beauty of it is: with the judicial branch, legislative branch, and the rest of the executive branch outside of Trump, it's virtually fool proof. So in this case, the kid is flying the 747 - but he has 50 well trained pilots behind him ready to take the controls if he does anything that could actually begin to put the plane in danger.
Exactly. Trump getting elected will bring in a new wave of American politics. We will finally, finally, finally be able to rid ourselves of PCisms and "eggshell" feelings that we have to dance around, and leaders will actually be able to suggest and enact real policies that address real problems instead of putting a band-aid on it. Trump is a means to an excellent end, IMO.

So that means that its a gut feeling, not anything based in fact? I wouldn't say it'd be the biggest mistake in judgment you've made in your lifetime (although to be fair, I don't know your life history). People are wrong about who they think will win an election all the time - nothing to be ashamed about if you are indeed wrong.
Not really a gut feeling it's just my opinion of who will vote for him and who won't. That's where my judgement comes into play..

This whole idea is just silly. Let's elect the worst, least statesman-like president we can think of, and that will somehow magically jumpstart this new era of electing brilliant, effective leaders. Pass the doobie brothers.

Reactions: strummingram
Exactly. Trump getting elected will bring in a new wave of American politics. We will finally, finally, finally be able to rid ourselves of PCisms and "eggshell" feelings that we have to dance around, and leaders will actually be able to suggest and enact real policies that address real problems instead of putting a band-aid on it. Trump is a means to an excellent end, IMO.
I was ignoring PC rhetoric just fine before Donald Trump. In fact, I'll ignore it just as easily without him. He's not making people who are already PC, be less PC. He's making them even more PC.

This whole idea is just silly. Let's elect the worst, least statesman-like president we can think of, and that will somehow magically jumpstart this new era of electing brilliant, effective leaders.
I guess it does seem silly, but I don't see how continuing to elect those that do a terrible job is any better. I do agree with you that it would make more sense to elect the brilliant and effective leaders from the get-go without the interim period, but unfortunately we haven't been presented with that choice yet.

Pass the doobie brothers.

It is 4/20 after all....

This whole idea is just silly. Let's elect the worst, least statesman-like president we can think of, and that will somehow magically jumpstart this new era of electing brilliant, effective leaders. Pass the doobie brothers.

Right, because electing statesman-like politicians has worked out so well.

I don't think we've ever done that, with the exception of maybe a scant few.

I suppose it depends on your definition of "statesman-like", but my assumption is that Julez has found many previous ones to meet his definition. Amirite Julez?

Is Obama statesman-like? If so, how?

I suppose it depends on your definition of "statesman-like", but my assumption is that Julez has found many previous ones to meet his definition. Amirite Julez?

Is Obama statesman-like? If so, how?
I guess that is subjective. It's also kinda relative to the times and circumstances, too. Still, very, very few of them were. Everyone has an agenda. I'm not even sure that a humble statesman even makes for a good president now. I still believe Jimmy Carter was a true statesman. He had no cooperation from his own party, from Congress, or hardly anyone else.

I don't think Trump is remotely a statesman, and I don't think he will get ANY assistance from Congress, the GOP, the Democrats, or anyone else, except maybe some of the bootlicks he hires. I dunno if that bodes well for the country, or the world. I don't really think it will matter, because I'm pretty sure now that Missus Bill will get her tenure.

This woman will not be voting for that narssasitic, arrogant, out of touch with reality, nut job! I personally know several hard-core republicans who said they will either vote 3rd party, dems or just not vote than vote for him. I don't need Trump to tell me I am now allowed to not be PC. I'm not now and don't care. I'm not rude to people but if something needs to be said that isn't necessarily PC, I'll say it anyway. Every time someone bitches about "redskins" I want to explode. I am part Native American and it doesn't offend me so I'll say it anyway! Pffft.

Another thing, Trump wants our military to become hired killers instead of defending our country so there's no way I will support that. Defend us right here. They've learned a lot I'm sure since 9/11 so we should be fine protecting the land here. I want our troops home.

This woman will not be voting for that narssasitic, arrogant, out of touch with reality, nut job! I personally know several hard-core republicans who said they will either vote 3rd party, dems or just not vote than vote for him. I don't need Trump to tell me I am now allowed to not be PC. I'm not now and don't care. I'm not rude to people but if something needs to be said that isn't necessarily PC, I'll say it anyway. Every time someone bitches about "redskins" I want to explode. I am part Native American and it doesn't offend me so I'll say it anyway! Pffft.

Another thing, Trump wants our military to become hired killers instead of defending our country so there's no way I will support that. Defend us right here. They've learned a lot I'm sure since 9/11 so we should be fine protecting the land here. I want our troops home.

As a woman, how do you feel about Hillary?

Here's a good article about Reagan: pretty much everything said about him during election has been said about Trump- almost verbatim.

And as far as Carter, I don't remember much about his statesman-like nature one way or the other when he was president, but I do remember the hostages at the American Embassy. So if that's what statesman-like means, then I don't want someone who is.
Statesmen: A skilled, experienced, and respected political leader or figure. I remember them both well and Donald Trump's name should be spoken in the same sentence as either man. BTW I'm no fan at all of Jimmy Carter, he was a poor president but he was a statesman.

Statesmen: A skilled, experienced, and respected political leader or figure.

Skilled = important. I want the leader of the country to be skilled in making the country a better place.
Respected = meh, half the country will respect whichever one is elected, and the other half won't. Doesn't really matter which one it is.
Experienced = no thank you. I've seen what experienced politicians do, and it's help them and their ilk.

Statesmen: A skilled, experienced, and respected political leader or figure. I remember them both well and Donald Trump's name should be spoken in the same sentence as either man. BTW I'm no fan at all of Jimmy Carter, he was a poor president but he was a statesman.

Carter was neither skilled nor respected by the Iranians, the Eastern Block, etc. I suppose he was experienced in govt as he had been the gov of Ga. But his experience didn't translate into being a statesman.

Reagan turned out to be an excellent statesman, in spite of all the predictions to the contrary prior to him being elected.

We have no idea how good of a statesman Trump will turn out to be. You and Julez just hate Trump and look for any reason to justify your disdain.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT