ADVERTISEMENT

It's starting to look like Trump will get to nominate another SCOTUS judge...

Those networks have earned that "fake news" label. The NYT is basically the left's version of Breitbart.
Sooo, give him a pass the other 80 times he does it? Not me. You can excuse him and cover for him. I'm not as accommodating.

I did criticize the NPR reporter for implying that him saying he was a Nationalist implies that White Nationalists are emboldened. They may be, but Trump is not a White Nationalist, and I don't believe he wants the KKK in his cabinet.

Sooo, give him a pass the other 80 times he does it? Not me. You can excuse him and cover for him. I'm not as accommodating.

I did criticize the NPR reporter for implying that him saying he was a Nationalist implies that White Nationalists are emboldened. They may be, but Trump is not a White Nationalist, and I don't believe he wants the KKK in his cabinet.

I'm not so sure there is "the other 80 times". There are only a few people he's put on blast that I don't think deserved it.

I'd love to have a nickel for every time he uttered "Fake News."

Me too, but that doesn't mean he isn't right. At the best it's been irresponsible or partisan news, at it's worst it's been fake news.

I'll offer up an olive branch and say that I don't think it's any different with most right wing outlets. Everyone is bias, but at least some people admit it and attempt to call out both sides. Most of them don't.

Because a lot of the left qualifies for that. Should you be grouped in with those people? Probably not. However, there are a lot of unhinged Democrats out there right now.

Meanwhile there are right wing militias, and ethnonationalists popping up all over the right. People are unhinged on both sides of the aisle. One of those unhinged people occupies the Oval Office.

Reactions: gteeitup
Meanwhile there are right wing militias, and ethnonationalists popping up all over the right. People are unhinged on both sides of the aisle. One of those unhinged people occupies the Oval Office.
Could you direct me to their location? I know you said all over but I can't seem to find my local chapter.

Reactions: cletusnow
Could you direct me to their location? I know you said all over but I can't seem to find my local chapter.

Report to Charlottesville asap.

I’m not saying they’re “all over” the right like they’re a majority or anything. But there’s clearly been a trend towards the ethnonationalist right wing popping up in crazy places. A legit nazi ran for office in the US recently. Figures like Richard Spencer have been popping up across Europe and the US. That’s what I meant by ‘all over’

Report to Charlottesville asap.

I’m not saying they’re “all over” the right like they’re a majority or anything. But there’s clearly been a trend towards the ethnonationalist right wing popping up in crazy places. A legit nazi ran for office in the US recently. Figures like Richard Spencer have been popping up across Europe and the US. That’s what I meant by ‘all over’
How would you classify antifa or the folks following some into places screaming at them and taunting their families?

Me too, but that doesn't mean he isn't right. At the best it's been irresponsible or partisan news, at it's worst it's been fake news.

I'll offer up an olive branch and say that I don't think it's any different with most right wing outlets. Everyone is bias, but at least some people admit it and attempt to call out both sides. Most of them don't.
I just have an issue with a president telling the press at a press conference that they are the enemy of the American people. That is fascist talk, period.

I realize he gets frustrated. But, Trump custom-orders the vast majority of the negative press he gets. And, now he has chosen to go toe-to-toe with them... it's not flattering. It endears him to that fervent base of his, but they weren't in danger of going anywhere no matter what he says or does.

How would you classify antifa or the folks following some into places screaming at them and taunting their families?

If we’re talking about the people wearing masks and destroying property then I would classify them as criminals. Of course that’s not all of antifa. Some people are legit anti-fascists that show up to protest neo-nazi rallies. We shouldn’t lump them in with violent criminals, just like we shouldn’t lump real conservatives and libertarians in with the alt-right and ethnonationalists.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
I just have an issue with a president telling the press at a press conference that they are the enemy of the American people. That is fascist talk, period.

I realize he gets frustrated. But, Trump custom-orders the vast majority of the negative press he gets. And, now he has chosen to go toe-to-toe with them... it's not flattering. It endears him to that fervent base of his, but they weren't in danger of going anywhere no matter what he says or does.

They are the enemy of the people. They are the mouthpiece for globalism and warmongering. They are the snake oil salesmen for all the problems that inflict this country.

Reactions: UNC71-00
And why do you think that is?

Oh man. That’s a big can of worms right there. Economic disenfranchisement makes people desperate and causes them to look for a boogeyman. An obvious choice for that boogeyman is immigrants that are coming to rape their wives and steal their jobs. There’s also been a very successful strategy to rebrand white nationalism as the “alt right.” I’ve listened to a few interviews with a former neo nazi skinhead who describes the process. It’s not a coincidence. High ranked leaders in the movement have strategy meetings where they try to figure out how to make their ideology more appealing to the masses. Internet culture plays right into their hands as well.

This is by no means a comprehensive explanation. There are countless political, social, and economic factors at play here.

Nobody is threatening a free press. You're allowed to have an opinion about the press.
Well, from where I'm sitting, fascist dictators come into power by marginalizing the free press. They encourage an opinion like "fake news" about any press that is not favorable to them.

As far as mouthpieces for globalism... how is criticizing Donald Trump for his comments and actions ensuring Globalism and war?

Well, from where I'm sitting, fascist dictators come into power by marginalizing the free press. They encourage an opinion like "fake news" about any press that is not favorable to them.

As far as mouthpieces for globalism... how is criticizing Donald Trump for his comments and actions ensuring Globalism and war?

Because the current Democrat Party is all about globalism and war. Any attempt to obfuscate the facts in favor of the Democrat party makes you complicit. Even the AP has been compromised at this point.

Reactions: Terror Beard
Oh man. That’s a big can of worms right there. Economic disenfranchisement makes people desperate and causes them to look for a boogeyman. An obvious choice for that boogeyman is immigrants that are coming to rape their wives and steal their jobs. There’s also been a very successful strategy to rebrand white nationalism as the “alt right.” I’ve listened to a few interviews with a former neo nazi skinhead who describes the process. It’s not a coincidence. High ranked leaders in the movement have strategy meetings where they try to figure out how to make their ideology more appealing to the masses. Internet culture plays right into their hands as well.

This is by no means a comprehensive explanation. There are countless political, social, and economic factors at play here.

Of course, there's economic disenfranchisement. Both parties have been s***ting on the people since the Nixon administration. This has nothing to do with nationalism, this has been a long time coming. The vitriol with immigrants is that they've been used by the globalists to depress wages. As that becomes increasingly obvious to the population, they will continue to take their brunt of the political assaults. Of course, the globalists don't really care about these people any further than their own bottom line. The "alt-right" is nothing more than an attempt by the globalists to explain the issue away. Nobody I know hates minorities, but they're all concerned with wages.

Now we come to over-regulation. Some regulation is necessary, but we've gone far beyond that. Lobbyists have used the government to crush competition, especially from small business owners. Both of these issues are why Trump is so popular. I could go on as well. It isn't a complicated subject.

Because the current Democrat Party is all about globalism and war. Any attempt to obfuscate the facts in favor of the Democrat party makes you complicit. Even the AP has been compromised at this point.
Republicans are no longer in the war business? Northrop/Grumman, General Dynamics. and Lockheed/Martin are no longer chummy with the GOP? That's news to me.

And, the Democrats want Globalism? What is Globalism, exactly?

Republicans are no longer in the war business? Northrop/Grumman, General Dynamics. and Lockheed/Martin are no longer chummy with the GOP? That's news to me.

And, the Democrats want Globalism? What is Globalism, exactly?

The part of globalism that I'm talking about is the act of reducing the supply chain by assaulting the U.S. worker. It started with NAFTA. Then for the jobs that couldn't be outsourced, there was an increase in immigration, both from Central and South American workers who would perform labor for pennies on the dollar. Then they included H1B visas, which helped depress wages for more skilled labor jobs, by bringing people in from Asia.

Of course, there's economic disenfranchisement. Both parties have been s***ting on the people since the Nixon administration. This has nothing to do with nationalism, this has been a long time coming. The vitriol with immigrants is that they've been used by the globalists to depress wages. As that becomes increasingly obvious to the population, they will continue to take their brunt of the political assaults. Of course, the globalists don't really care about these people any further than their own bottom line. The "alt-right" is nothing more than an attempt by the globalists to explain the issue away. Nobody I know hates minorities, but they're all concerned with wages.

Now we come to over-regulation. Some regulation is necessary, but we've gone far beyond that. Lobbyists have used the government to crush competition, especially from small business owners. Both of these issues are why Trump is so popular. I could go on as well. It isn't a complicated subject.

Yeah right wing nationalism doesn’t exist and it’s all the left’s fault. You’re a real bastion of objectivity and nuance...

I didn't say it didn't exist. I said that it wasn't the cause of this current push toward populism.

“Globalism” has nothing to do with it. People are tired of lobbyists owning politicians on both sides of the aisle. They’re tired of watching the government serving billionaires while leaving ordinary citizens out in the cold. And a bunch of people had the bright idea to solve the problem by electing one of the billionaires who had rubbed shoulders with powerful elites that you call “globalists” for his entire adult life.

The obsession with “globalists” usually comes from anti-semites on the right who think there is some grand conspiracy for Jewish elites to take over the world and install a one world government. It’s Alex Jones level bullsht that no one should take seriously.

Opposzing free trade across borders demonstrates very real ignorance of basic economics. The loss of consumer surplus by not having free trade across borders far outweighs the producer surplus lost by reducing domestic supply.

The real issue people should be worrying about is advancements in automation and AI completely eliminating the need for human labor. We’re not far away from the point where skilled and unskilled human labor both will become inefficient. It’s already happening albeit fairly slowly.

“Globalism” has nothing to do with it. People are tired of lobbyists owning politicians on both sides of the aisle. They’re tired of watching the government serving billionaires while leaving ordinary citizens out in the cold. And a bunch of people had the bright idea to solve the problem by electing one of the billionaires who had rubbed shoulders with powerful elites that you call “globalists” for his entire adult life.

The obsession with “globalists” usually comes from anti-semites on the right who think there is some grand conspiracy for Jewish elites to take over the world and install a one world government. It’s Alex Jones level bullsht that no one should take seriously.

Opposzing free trade across borders demonstrates very real ignorance of basic economics. The loss of consumer surplus by not having free trade across borders far outweighs the producer surplus lost by reducing domestic supply.

The real issue people should be worrying about is advancements in automation and AI completely eliminating the need for human labor. We’re not far away from the point where skilled and unskilled human labor both will become inefficient. It’s already happening albeit fairly slowly.

I posted that lobbying was a problem. That doesn't mean that globalism isn't a problem.

Everyone should respect the office of the POTUS. If this asshole had acted like he did with any other president people would be screaming for a public hanging. Acosta is a showboating little prick.
Maybe they will start showing respect for the office when Trump does....

The part of globalism that I'm talking about is the act of reducing the supply chain by assaulting the U.S. worker. It started with NAFTA. Then for the jobs that couldn't be outsourced, there was an increase in immigration, both from Central and South American workers who would perform labor for pennies on the dollar. Then they included H1B visas, which helped depress wages for more skilled labor jobs, by bringing people in from Asia.
So, I take it you lost your job?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT