ADVERTISEMENT

Jesus Christ . .

Or...what if God didn't want us to worship a man (Jesus, Muhammad, Joseph Smith, Tiger Woods, whoever). What if anyone who did goes to Hell? Now, in that scenario, Jesus vs. nothing at all does have an impact and the nothing at all's get to Heaven. Why is that not a possibility?
Because it would be leave everything to chance. Read this thread again. Some know Jesus lived, but attribute nothing of his messiahship. You say he could very well be who he says he is, but it's not good enough. Strum is running around saying we all are God. Boy is saying there is nothing to it at all. That it's the ancient writers controlling the masses . Myself, @#1UNC , and @mikeirbyusa ,3 preachers telling the Good book is a roadmap to heaven. People want concrete evidence. That's not how it works. There are plenty of examples is scripture of concrete evidence God gave and the people still rejected him. The innerworkings of faith does not operate on concrete things. I was a hopeless drug addict. Living a lifestyle that was wreck less. I had several encounters that changed my viewpoint on Christ. No one forced me. No one held me at gun point. I came to this knowledge at my bedside in Tampa Florida. Before I came home, I became homeless. I learn what the value of prayer and faith was all about. Drugs, alcohol, whoring around, all left me in one day. Since then I've had clear direction in what path I am to take

Does this happen for everyone, no. But as @#1UNC has stated, it's all about your choice. It's not a mass belief, it's a personal one. I always tell skeptical people to come in with an open mind. They have to decide for themselves. Just as you have decided that there could be something to Jesus, but you taking your chances by doing it your way

Because it would be leave everything to chance. Read this thread again. Some know Jesus lived, but attribute nothing of his messiahship. You say he could very well be who he says he is, but it's not good enough. Strum is running around saying we all are God. Boy is saying there is nothing to it at all. That it's the ancient writers controlling the masses . Myself, @#1UNC , and @mikeirbyusa ,3 preachers telling the Good book is a roadmap to heaven. People want concrete evidence. That's not how it works. There are plenty of examples is scripture of concrete evidence God gave and the people still rejected him. The innerworkings of faith does not operate on concrete things. I was a hopeless drug addict. Living a lifestyle that was wreck less. I had several encounters that changed my viewpoint on Christ. No one forced me. No one held me at gun point. I came to this knowledge at my bedside in Tampa Florida. Before I came home, I became homeless. I learn what the value of prayer and faith was all about. Drugs, alcohol, whoring around, all left me in one day. Since then I've had clear direction in what path I am to take

Does this happen for everyone, no. But as @#1UNC has stated, it's all about your choice. It's not a mass belief, it's a personal one. I always tell skeptical people to come in with an open mind. They have to decide for themselves. Just as you have decided that there could be something to Jesus, but you taking your chances by doing it your way
Problem is there are millions and millions of people who are just as convinced as you are that their God has done the same great things for them. Will God send these people to hell also? And if so, what kind of God would do that when these people are living as good of a life as you are. This post is not to argue with you, just asking and thanks for your post.

First, I never said it wasn’t good enough if in fact he did everything the KJ bible said he did. If that becomes fact, I’m in. The issue is that you have to blindly accept that just cuz a bunch of men wrote that 1900 years ago.

Second, one great thing about faith is how it helps people who are down turn their life around. Your story is one of the many and that’s awesome. However, I haven’t been in that situation and I use other things in life to keep me on a healthy path.

And the post above is how I feel also, sorry @Terror Beard. Who says Jesus is the right answer for everyone? If someone had the same story but found Islam, Judaism etc do they not get into Heaven?

I guess my real issue in this thread is followers of Christ thinking they have the monopoly on Heaven.

Reactions: strummingram
Problem is there are millions and millions of people who are just as convinced as you are that their God has done the same great things for them. Will God send these people to hell also? And if so, what kind of God would do that when these people are living as good of a life as you are. This post is not to argue with you, just asking and thanks for your post.
It's hard not to explain without there being a them verses us. Satan has always sought to counterfeit God. Jews and muslims are close to each other in their origins. Claims the same ancestors. But the is a division in beliefs. Just as there are variations between Catholics and protestants. Division in teachings. For true born again Christian's, is knowing that the Bible is the infallible Word of God. As @#1UNC stated, we have an empty tomb. It's because of the virgin birth death and resurrection that we have our faith. If it is truly Gods Plan, then this separates that from all other religions. If God is real, then some is his enemy. Look at what the bible teaches concerning the anti christ, and the false prophet. It's by counterfeit works they deceive people. The Jews will look at him to be messiah, only to have him violate their customs.

As for your question of what about them, I'm not God. I do know this, hearing of Christ, knowing of His work at the Cross puts you in position to decide if you believe or not. If someone has never heard, how can they be responsible? There have been billions of people on this planet since the beginning that never heard of Jesus. Just as in times from Adam to Moses, they will be judged on a conscious state. We all are born with a choice to do right or wrong. Those who do evil, will be judged accordingly. Those who do right, same goes for them.

Here's Paul's thoughts

For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

It's hard not to explain without there being a them verses us. Satan has always sought to counterfeit God. Jews and muslims are close to each other in their origins. Claims the same ancestors. But the is a division in beliefs. Just as there are variations between Catholics and protestants. Division in teachings. For true born again Christian's, is knowing that the Bible is the infallible Word of God. As @#1UNC stated, we have an empty tomb. It's because of the virgin birth death and resurrection that we have our faith. If it is truly Gods Plan, then this separates that from all other religions. If God is real, then some is his enemy. Look at what the bible teaches concerning the anti christ, and the false prophet. It's by counterfeit works they deceive people. The Jews will look at him to be messiah, only to have him violate their customs.

As for your question of what about them, I'm not God. I do know this, hearing of Christ, knowing of His work at the Cross puts you in position to decide if you believe or not. If someone has never heard, how can they be responsible? There have been billions of people on this planet since the beginning that never heard of Jesus. Just as in times from Adam to Moses, they will be judged on a conscious state. We all are born with a choice to do right or wrong. Those who do evil, will be judged accordingly. Those who do right, same goes for them.

Here's Paul's thoughts

For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.
That passage from Paul answers some of the question if you read it from the perspective of already being Christian, I guess. Thanks for sharing.

And the post above is how I feel also, sorry @Terror Beard. Who says Jesus is the right answer for everyone? If someone had the same story but found Islam, Judaism etc do they not get into Heaven?

They might get into some other Heaven but not Christian heaven. Maybe their chosen religion has some afterlife. I don’t know and I don’t care. But the only way to get into Christian Heaven is to be a believer in Christ.

They might get into some other Heaven but not Christian heaven. Maybe their chosen religion has some afterlife. I don’t know and I don’t care. But the only way to get into Christian Heaven is to be a believer in Christ.

Ok. How do you know this?

I guess my real issue in this thread is followers of Christ thinking they have the monopoly on Heaven.

Why is that? Should we change our belief because you have that issue? It's much easier to disagree, and move on than having an issue with it. I dont accept what muslims, buddaist, morons, or atheist have to say concerning their beliefs. But I dont take issue with it. I dont care to see people attacking others for their belief. But if the conversation directs towards ones belief in who makes it to heaven, then naturally I lean on what scripture says.

That passage from Paul answers some of the question if you read it from the perspective of already being Christian, I guess. Thanks for sharing.
He was relating to a social and religious structure that would put today's views to shame.

Why is that? Should we change our belief because you have that issue? It's much easier to disagree, and move on than having an issue with it. I dont accept what muslims, buddaist, morons, or atheist have to say concerning their beliefs. But I dont take issue with it. I dont care to see people attacking others for their belief. But if the conversation directs towards ones belief in who makes it to heaven, then naturally I lean on what scripture says.

Have I asked one person to change their belief in this 9 page thread? No. All I have done is ask questions and one of the sticking points I'm trying to understand is how someone can think they have a monopoly on Heaven when most of the other religions also believe in a similar afterlife.

With that said also, you said you don't accept what other faiths have to say...I wonder, how much extensive research have you done on what they say? Have you read the Quran? Have you been to a Jewish temple? How about that Bhagavad Gita?

Hard to say you don't accept something if you don't know what it is.

Have I asked one person to change their belief in this 9 page thread? No. All I have done is ask questions and one of the sticking points I'm trying to understand is how someone can think they have a monopoly on Heaven when most of the other religions also believe in a similar afterlife.

With that said also, you said you don't accept what other faiths have to say...I wonder, how much extensive research have you done on what they say? Have you read the Quran? Have you been to a Jewish temple? How about that Bhagavad Gita?

Hard to say you don't accept something if you don't know what it is.
I have studied enough to know they dont line with what my faith teaches. As I said before, I had several encounters that validates my belief. I'm not rank and file religious. I have a personal relation.

And I wasnt pointing specifically at you, just a generalization of the opposition to heaven encountered on this board. Sorry if you took it that way

Here's Paul's thoughts

I've had a similar "epiphany" come to me that put me on a path and keeps me on it.

I'm also aware that there were billions of people before Adam and Eve ever came into being. They are the first Hebrews!

I remember asking my pastor at about age 24 or 25, not long before my dad died... "What about the Hindus, or the Jews, or the Muslims, or the Zoroastrians... are they all wrong?" He said, "Eddie, you have to find what works for Eddie and not worry about all of those other people and how they're doing. You'll find your way."

He nailed it!

Reactions: tarheel0910
I've had a similar "epiphany" come to me that put me on a path and keeps me on it.

I'm also aware that there were billions of people before Adam and Eve ever came into being. They are the first Hebrews!

I remember asking my pastor at about age 24 or 25, not long before my dad died... "What about the Hindus, or the Jews, or the Muslims, or the Zoroastrians... are they all wrong?" He said, "Eddie, you have to find what works for Eddie and not worry about all of those other people and how they're doing. You'll find your way."

He nailed it!

Exactly, Strum. Since my "epiphany" my faith has never wavered. I know what I know and none of us owes anyone else an explanation.

Reactions: strummingram
Exactly, Strum. Since my "epiphany" my faith has never wavered. I know what I know and none of us owes anyone else an explanation.
I agree plus I don't think anybody has the right to say someone else's beliefs are wrong.

I agree plus I don't think anybody has the right to say someone else's beliefs are wrong.
They do if someone specifies what they think of those beliefs. Everyone has the right to disagree with someone else. Some take it to far naturally, some say stuff in the heat of the moment. If I state my belief, and someone interjects their version, then I can disagree.

Yet that’s what @#UNC1 has done in this thread and that’s what bothers people. He doesn’t seem to get that.

Wrong again. All he did was present a plan that is true through Christ alone. If you choose not to accept him then that's your choice. There are many things in this thread that were said that I absolutely disagree with. Some of you just don't choose different and we believers hope that will change.

Wrong again. All he did was present a plan that is true through Christ alone.
Can you really not see the problem here? That plan may be true in your eyes but that plan is not true for most people in the world.

Wrong again. All he did was present a plan that is true through Christ alone. If you choose not to accept him then that's your choice. There are many things in this thread that were said that I absolutely disagree with. Some of you just don't choose different and we believers hope that will change.

It’s like talking to a brick wall.

We know you disagree with it but saying “you hope we will change” is actually pretty intolerant.

Should a Christian bow down and agree that there are many paths to heaven, or say there is no heaven at all? There are boundaries within any belief. We preach Christ being the path. It is due to things proven in our life and faith. People get all up in arms because of TRUE Christian teachings. We welcome the world to join us in service. But I know I do not compromise what my bible teaches. Does it alienate some, yes. If you stay away from the foundation that was set by Christ and his building his church, then you lose the very meaning of being separate from the world. You dont have to force any Christian to change that. It's your choice to accept that or move on. I even respect other religions and their beliefs unless it involves killing people with bomb vest and such

I just wanted to tell all of you, Jesus Loves You and Soon and Very Soon, He Is Coming!

Reactions: Grayhead
I even respect other religions and their beliefs unless it involves killing people with bomb vest and such

giphy.gif

Reactions: uncboy10
I even respect other religions and their beliefs unless it involves killing people with bomb vest and such
No you don’t. If you did you would tell us what you believe and then you would accept what we say we believe and wish us well.

Oh, by the way I’m a Baptist.

Should a Christian bow down and agree that there are many paths to heaven, or say there is no heaven at all? There are boundaries within any belief. We preach Christ being the path. It is due to things proven in our life and faith. People get all up in arms because of TRUE Christian teachings. We welcome the world to join us in service. But I know I do not compromise what my bible teaches. Does it alienate some, yes. If you stay away from the foundation that was set by Christ and his building his church, then you lose the very meaning of being separate from the world. You dont have to force any Christian to change that. It's your choice to accept that or move on. I even respect other religions and their beliefs unless it involves killing people with bomb vest and such
The first sentence of this post is in complete contradiction to the last... with or without the vest.

Oh and google Eric Robert Rudolph. Do you no longer respect Christianity since it involved killing people with bombs?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT