ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Williams Visits UNC

This would be a really nice pickup for us. 4 year guy that can shoot is something we could really use now. Heard he's a good kid too.

Williams would be a great fit for UNC and visa-versa. He won't demand PT next year but could play the 'gunner' role for Roy when needed.

His real value will be in 2016-17 and beyond, or AM "After Marcus". Roy could have a 2005-like exodus coming up in the next year or so and he needs a few players who'll stick around for more than 2yrs.

Luke Maye is just the right type of recruit and Kenny Williams would be another - glue guys who'll be great seniors down the track.

Lots of positive chatter around this visit. Hope he commits in the next day or two.

Originally posted by Ozheelfan:
Williams would be a great fit for UNC and visa-versa. He won't demand PT next year but could play the 'gunner' role for Roy when needed.

His real value will be in 2016-17 and beyond, or AM "After Marcus". Roy could have a 2005-like exodus coming up in the next year or so and he needs a few players who'll stick around for more than 2yrs.

Luke Maye is just the right type of recruit and Kenny Williams would be another - glue guys who'll be great seniors down the track.
Spot on again, Oz. You're on a roll.
cool0020.r191677.gif

Originally posted by dadika13:
This would be a really nice pickup for us. 4 year guy that can shoot is something we could really use now. Heard he's a good kid too.
KWill would be an absolute steal if we could land him. His stock is rising with each game he plays. When all is said and done he will be a 5 star recruit. I just hope he stays under the radar before guys like Cal and K start calling. One scout compared him to Devin Booker at KY, but with better handles and more ability to get to the rim. He's a "true" shooting guard and at the rate he's playing many are saying he's has "2 and done" potential because he's so skilled and already has a big body.

Originally posted by 32TheEnigma:

Originally posted by dadika13:
KWill would be an absolute steal if we could land him. His stock is rising with each game he plays. When all is said and done he will be a 5 star recruit. I just hope he stays under the radar before guys like Cal and K start calling. One scout compared him to Devin Booker at KY, but with better handles and more ability to get to the rim. He's a "true" shooting guard and at the rate he's playing many are saying he's has "2 and done" potential because he's so skilled and already has a big body.
Cal and K? They needn't bother. If he picks an elite program it will be us.
I like KW, but being real he is not as polished at this stage as Booker. Now, I will say he does have a big upside. Not that I give a crap about "stars", but a 5* ranking at this point would be a bit of a stretch. What I like most about Williams is immediate 2-guard depth behind Marcus and bench fire-power for this season, and a guy who can develop into a real player for the Heels down the road.

Originally posted by GoNtheDistance:
how would a possible Kenny Williams commit affect Brandon Ingram though?
Couldn't hurt.
OK, well, let me put it this way since you never really know what's in kids' minds... if it does hurt that means Ingram has delusions about his projected position. In no universe is Ingram a college 2 and I would hope he realizes that. If he doesn't we may be better off without him.

Kenny's good but in no way does he affect how many minutes Ingram will get. Williams will be our 7th-8th guy, Ingram plays 28-30 min a night on the wing with Justin.

Didn't we offer a Kenny Williams back in the 80's from the Wilmington area, who was supposed to be the next great thing, only he forgot that he had to actually graduate from high school to matriculate to college?

Originally posted by UNCPJH81:
Didn't we offer a Kenny Williams back in the 80's from the Wilmington area, who was supposed to be the next great thing, only he forgot that he had to actually graduate from high school to matriculate to college?
Seems like that Williams Kid ended up at Elizabeth City State University.

That Kenny Willaims played at Elizabeth City Northeastern HS. He went to either Fork Union or Hargrave his junior year but wanted to come home to Northeastern for his senior season and that was when the wheels came off academically. He did go to ECSU for a time and then to the NBA for a few years with the Pacers and maybe others. He was 6'9" and could jump and shoott like a guard.

Been really watching a lot of Williams' film lately and color me impressed. He reminds me of another 6'3 shooting guard that we had back in the early 2000's who wore the number 40... Very similar skillset and eerily just as smooth. I think this could be a big, big pick up, ESPECIALLY if he's the type of kid that he's been advertised to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: jah420
Been really watching a lot of Williams' film lately and color me impressed. He reminds me of another 6'3 shooting guard that we had back in the early 2000's who wore the number 40... Very similar skillset and eerily just as smooth. I think this could be a big, big pick up, ESPECIALLY if he's the type of kid that he's been advertised to be.

No matter what happens with Ingram I still want Kenny Williams ...He is one of the Top Three shooter's in this class, I have been told by a couple of folks who should know. Couple great shooting with very good basketball skills and usually a very good basketball player emerges at some point...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT