ADVERTISEMENT

Let's get hype for Carolina football

As the poaster of the Justified gif and one of the Super Troopers gifs, I can say that I'm glad it went appreciated.

58bf7aaf6f8920e52ef903b1425f7f27.jpg

Going back a little bit for this one, it's the T.A. McLendon fumble! Might have to skip to the end for that play, but the whole video's only about 5 minutes

This is such an overhyped and over-discussed play by both fanbases lol. Both teams sucked and had losing records. We were the tallest midget that day.
Seriously though, just looked it up, State was ranked at the time that game was played. In the 11 game regular season we played that year, 7 of our opponents were ranked at the time of the game. Also, we finished 6-6, so not a losing record. Plus, that was the season we beat Miami, so I'll admit, I have some nostalgia for those highlights.

ETA: For the record, State was ranked at the time, but they did finish with a losing record. Still, this play makes State fans super mad, so it's A-Ok in my book!

Seriously though, just looked it up, State was ranked at the time that game was played. In the 11 game regular season we played that year, 7 of our opponents were ranked at the time of the game. Also, we finished 6-6, so not a losing record. Plus, that was the season we beat Miami, so I'll admit, I have some nostalgia for those highlights.

ETA: For the record, State was ranked at the time, but they did finish with a losing record. Still, this play makes State fans super mad, so it's A-Ok in my book!
Hmmmm, I stand corrected. And it does make them mad, which I like. I guess I have mentally repressed the Bunting years and don't fill like re-living them. I enjoyed the win over Miami on that night, but looking back, I get no joy from it. We were so fugging bad back then....smh. That is the phrase that describes the entire Bunting tenure -- "SMH."

Reactions: heelz2345
Hmmmm, I stand corrected. And it does make them mad, which I like. I guess I have mentally repressed the Bunting years and don't fill like re-living them. I enjoyed the win over Miami on that night, but looking back, I get no joy from it. We were so fugging bad back then....smh. That is the phrase that describes the entire Bunting tenure -- "SMH."
That's fair, I guess I just take the decent moments from that era and use them to block out the bad ones. I guess for me, it's like "Yeah, we sucked pretty bad for those years, but remember when we beat Miami? That was fun!"

thanks to all for the great videos in this thread...

does anyone know if there is a place where these can be downloaded?

And Bunting gets an extension and we renege on our deal with Spurrier :(

A 30 for 30 could seriously be done on the ramifications of that win....
That Spurrier stuff is news to me, but I don't want any part of that dude, and wouldn't trade the enjoyment I got from that win for him.

That Spurrier stuff is news to me, but I don't want any part of that dude, and wouldn't trade the enjoyment I got from that win for him.
you-serious-clark-o.gif

You wouldn't trade a meaningless win against Miami for a Spurrier regime that would have brought a sustained period of elite talent in Chapel Hill??? Spurrier would have quickly become a fan favorite. As one South Carolina fan told me at our game in Columbia in 2013, "When he was at Florida, Spurrier was an asshole. Now, he's our asshole."

Spurrier would've won us at least two ACC Championships. No doubt in my mind.

Besides, how much enjoyment did you really get from that game? We were 15 years old lol. Oh..........wait, you may have been at that game with @grillheel. I watched it in my parents' den in North Georgia. Not exactly the same lol.

Reactions: lerario
As one South Carolina fan told me at our game in Columbia in 2013, "When he was at Florida, Spurrier was an asshole. Now, he's our asshole."
That's the problem. I don't want an asshole coach. I'm not saying he couldn't have won, he probably could have, but I don't like the man. He's coached at 2 of my least favorite schools (granted, had we somehow hired him in 05 as you imply we would have, he would have only coached at 1), and I just don't like the guy. He didn't exactly tear it up at SC, especially from when you say he would have been hired until Butch left. During the 4 years Butch was the coach, Spurrier went 29-23 at SC, we went 28-23. So he might have brought some things to the table, but I'm not certain he would have done significantly better (at least on the field, scandal stuff not included) and I don't care for the guy.

Reactions: Raising Heel
That's the problem. I don't want an asshole coach. I'm not saying he couldn't have won, he probably could have, but I don't like the man. He's coached at 2 of my least favorite schools (granted, had we somehow hired him in 05 as you imply we would have, he would have only coached at 1), and I just don't like the guy. He didn't exactly tear it up at SC, especially from when you say he would have been hired until Butch left. During the 4 years Butch was the coach, Spurrier went 29-23 at SC, we went 28-23. So he might have brought some things to the table, but I'm not certain he would have done significantly better (at least on the field, scandal stuff not included) and I don't care for the guy.
He did that at SOUTH CAROLINA -- the perennial SEC doormat. He took that program to the SEC Championship game....and that was when the East was a gauntlett. He would've cleaned up in Chapel Hill. People forget that Florida was nothing special before he took over as head coach there. They had good history, but they were barely treading water in the SEC.

As for him being arrogant and what not, I'll take the biggest A-Hole in the world as coach, as long as he wins. We as Carolina fans get too hung up on how "nice" our coach is. People loved Bunting because he was nice. Spurrier was a ruthless competitor who refused to lose.

Reactions: lerario
I understand he probably could have won games. He could have. Was he better than Bunting? Sure, I'll concede that. A ton of football coaches are better than Bunting, and Spurrier is certainly one of them. But I'm not convinced he would be head and shoulders over Butch or Fedora either in terms on recruiting or on-field success. So I personally don't want to trade what I feel would be at best, one or two more wins a year for a coach that I can't stand. Same reason I wouldn't want Cal or K coaching the basketball team. JMO

Reactions: Archer2
I understand he probably could have won games. He could have. Was he better than Bunting? Sure, I'll concede that. A ton of football coaches are better than Bunting, and Spurrier is certainly one of them. But I'm not convinced he would be head and shoulders over Butch or Fedora either in terms on recruiting or on-field success. So I personally don't want to trade what I feel would be at best, one or two more wins a year for a coach that I can't stand. Same reason I wouldn't want Cal or K coaching the basketball team. JMO
I would take Cal in a second. Check that, in a millisecond. It would make all the holier-than-thou bball-only fans go away, and we'd be just as good as we are now.

But back to Spurrier, he would've filled the seats like Davis did. Furthermore, he would've been further into his tenure when the academic stuff broke, so perhaps he would've survived the axe

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
For the sake of not further derailing the purpose of this thread, let's just say that we agree to disagree here, and move back to enjoying some UNC Football highlights!

Here's the win in Tallahassee from a few years back

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
It had everything you'd expect when you're a visitor and your team is the huge underdog and wins. A dude two rows back threatened to kick my brother's ass (my brother was 15 at the time) but was also a high school offense lineman, so he stood up and turned around, the guy saw how big he was and shut his mouth.
The only two times I've been able to go to an away game were the LSU game in Georgia and the game in Clemson two years ago. Both were a lot of fun, even though I didn't expect us to win either game. The LSU fans I encountered were nice the whole time, even after the game, they weren't really gloating, it was like "Damn, if your whole team wasn't suspended, you probably would have beat us." The Clemson people I encountered were all nice too. Of course, they had like a 2 TD lead that whole game, but still, had fun. Seeing them run down the hill was really cool

For the sake of not further derailing the purpose of this thread, let's just say that we agree to disagree here, and move back to enjoying some UNC Football highlights!

Here's the win in Tallahassee from a few years back
LOL These are bullshit highlights. I'm 2:30 in and so far the score is 14-14 and all they've shown is highlights of FSU moving the ball and Johnny White getting stuffed on short runs.

ETA: 3:30 in.......21-21, no UNC scoring highlights, all three FSU scores shown.

ETAA: Yep, an FSU fan made these highlights. He looks silly because.....they lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: heelz2345
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT