ADVERTISEMENT

Lock Him Up . . Lock Him Up . .

Yes I can read that you said "what difference does it make." If you knew the difference why ask? You say the bottom is falling out. Haven't seen anyone say that. Can you provide some proof or is that just your opinion?
No you can't read, you quoted me as saying that I said "the bottom is falling out" ?That was a mistake on your part or a lie, you pick. What difference does it make in whether or not they will ever occur? Both will occur in the future, history has shown us that,

you quoted me as saying that I said "the bottom is falling out" ?That was a mistake on your part or a lie, you pick.
I originally asked you to provide proof that someone said the bottom is going to fall out because you said...

anybody who thinks it's not going to fall out is crazy, like I said it's just a matter of time.

Of course the bottom will fall out as sure as the moon and stars.

Both are in our future, just a matter of time...

Yes, the bottom falling out is also in our Future...

Both will occur in the future, history has shown us that,

This is entirely taken out of context. Maher was making the case that DT wants to become America’s first dictator. He was saying if a recession is what it takes to prevent that, then he would rather have a recession than lose our democracy.

This is entirely taken out of context. Maher was making the case that DT wants to become America’s first dictator. He was saying if a recession is what it takes to prevent that, then he would rather have a recession than lose our democracy.
We can't lose our democracy under Trump. That isn't helping him seem knowledgeable if he really thinks that.

I originally asked you to provide proof that someone said the bottom is going to fall out because you said...
I don't have proof that someone said the sun will set this evening because I don't need it. I know the bottom will fall out of the market at some point in time for the same reason. That's what the market does, it goes up and it goes down..... It has nothing to do with little Donnie..

We can't lose our democracy under Trump. That isn't helping him seem knowledgeable if he really thinks that.

He thinks it is a threat. A huge majority of trump supporters have been polled on whether or not they would support suspending the 2020 election if their daddy dotard says the election is rigged. Take a guess what a majority of them said... That’s how dictatorship works in the modern world. First you suspend an election, then you overturn term limits. Then come the sham elections.

The idea that we can’t lose our democracy in this country is naive. Democracy can fall. We are no different.

I don't have proof that someone said the sun will set this evening because I don't need it. I know the bottom will fall out of the market at some point in time for the same reason. That's what the market does, it goes up and it goes down..... It has nothing to do with little Donnie..
FFS. Yes at some point between now and the end of the world there will be another recession. We weren't talking about the year 5215. We were talking about the economy under Trump. Either you don't have a grasp on reading comprehension or you just can't admit being wrong.

Reactions: UNC '92
He thinks it is a threat. A huge majority of trump supporters have been polled on whether or not they would support suspending the 2020 election if their daddy dotard says the election is rigged. Take a guess what a majority of them said... That’s how dictatorship works in the modern world. First you suspend an election, then you overturn term limits. Then come the sham elections.
The Constitution doesn't give him that power and it doesn't give his supporters the power to do it either. To say that is actually a possibility is being naive.

The Constitution doesn't give him that power and it doesn't give his supporters the power to do it either. To say that is actually a possibility is being naive.

The constitution won’t be relevant unless it is enforced. You can’t just assume that will always be the case. Constitutions have been rewritten before. It’s happening in China as we speak.

Yeah, that's pretty out there to even think that's remotely possible in America.

Do you guys seriously believe America has some magical immunity that will cause democracy to last forever here?

Political systems change over time. Constitutions can be amended, or scrapped all together if enough of the public supports such a move.

The constitution won’t be relevant unless it is enforced. You can’t just assume that will always be the case. Constitutions have been rewritten before. It’s happening in China as we speak.

You're being crazy paranoid. It will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever happen.

Our constitution has been around without being rewritten for 230 years and amended just 27 times in those 230 years.

FFS. Yes at some point between now and the end of the world there will be another recession. We weren't talking about the year 5215. We were talking about the economy under Trump. Either you don't have a grasp on reading comprehension or you just can't admit being wrong.

"He said that he thinks we are headed toward a recession and if we are he hopes it happens on Trump's watch. Anyone who doesn't think that a recession is in the future is crazy."

The above was my reply to the post about the video. Nowhere did I say the bottom would fall out under Trumps's watch, though it very well could, I simply said that the bottom would fall out at some time in the future and I stand by that.

Do you guys seriously believe America has some magical immunity that will cause democracy to last forever here?

Political systems change over time. Constitutions can be amended, or scrapped all together if enough of the public supports such a move.

Trump's approval rating is 40%.

You're being crazy paranoid. It will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever happen.

Our constitution has been around without being rewritten for 230 years and amended just 27 times in those 230 years.

230 years is the blink of an eye in terms of civilization. The US is one of the youngest developed countries in the world.

I’m not saying it will happen. I’m saying it’s dangerous to believe that it’s impossible for us to lose our democracy. Democracy must be protected, and never taken for granted.

Of course it could happen. Look at history for God's sake. I will add that it could happen under any president.

"He said that he thinks we are headed toward a recession and if we are he hopes it happens on Trump's watch. Anyone who doesn't think that a recession is in the future is crazy."

The above was my reply to the post about the video. Nowhere did I say the bottom would fall out under Trumps's watch, though it very well could, I simply said that the bottom would fall out at some time in the future and I stand by that.
It was obvious to everyone that him and everyone else was talking about Trump's administration. You commented on that discussion. Not general economic theory. Stop being obtuse.

Reactions: UNC '92
Of course it could happen. Look at history for God's sake.

Yes, and if you look at history, it doesn't happen when a country is the leader in GDP and has an incredibly high standard of living. Revolutions, which is what you're describing, happen when the country is either oppressed, poor, not-democratic, etc. etc. Most of the time you need all of those conditions.

I believe a vast majority of America agrees with you...which is why suspending elections for Donald Trump will never ever ever ever ever happen.

You’re ignoring polling data that I have already cited. A majority of trump supporters that we’re polled already do support suspending them.

I’ve heard the rhetoric coming out of this camp over and over again. They think any criticism of DT is an attack on our country or fake news. They have exalted him to a point where many believe he is some kind of messiah figure. Saving us all, changing the direction of the country, blah blah blah.

Yes, and if you look at history, it doesn't happen when a country is the leader in GDP and has an incredibly high standard of living. Revolutions, which is what you're describing, happen when the country is either oppressed, poor, not-democratic, etc. etc. Most of the time you need all of those conditions.

Rome begs to differ.

Question for Trump Supporters:

Would you accept the next election if Trump lost by a razor thin margin and you had proof that GB, Germany and France had a hand in rigging the election?

Reactions: uncboy10

Would you accept the next election if Trump lost by a razor thin margin and you had proof that GB, Germany and France had a hand in rigging the election?

Lol of course they wouldn’t.

You’re ignoring polling data that I have already cited. A majority of trump supporters that we’re polled already do support suspending them.

I’ve heard the rhetoric coming out of this camp over and over again. They think any criticism of DT is an attack on our country or fake news. They have exalted him to a point where many believe he is some kind of messiah figure. Saving us all, changing the direction of the country, blah blah blah.
The Clinton and Sanders supporters out number Trump supporters. I doubt they would roll over and let it happen.

If there was definitive proof that the election was swung from one candidate to another as a result of their direct influence? I'm not sure who in their right mind would be ok with that.

I would and you are ignoring the fact that most all modern governments interfere in other countries elections. Israel says hi to the obama administration.

Reactions: Louigi
Haven't we let the polls pull the wool over on us enough for a little while?

The polls? Idk, it’s not like they’re all equally valid. Some bad polling data doesn’t discount the value of polling in general. And that data is supported by the rhetoric you see in any social media comment section from trump supporters.

I specifically said the people polled, so it would be clear I was recognizing this is only one sample.

I would and you are ignoring the fact that most all modern governments interfere in other countries elections. Israel says hi to the obama administration.
I'm not ignoring anything. I asked a simple question and BTW thanks for your reply.

I'm not ignoring anything. I asked a simple question and BTW thanks for your reply.
You are welcome. There's no doubt other countries as well as us try to influence elections. And the last one was not razor razor thin according to the electoral college.

If by rigging you mean running ads on Facebook, then I would be fine with it

However given that this past election the Democrats had the entire FBI and State Dept attempting to fix the thing and they still couldn't pull it off, I'm not gonna worry about France too much.

If by rigging you mean running ads on Facebook, then I would be fine with it

However given that this past election the Democrats had the entire FBI and State Dept attempting to fix the thing and they still couldn't pull it off, I'm not gonna worry about France too much.
Why would anyone ever worry about France?

Isn't liberal trash redundant?

giphy.gif

There’s a big difference between not pissing on someone if they’re on fire and hoping that the economy fails and millions of American people suffer. I agree that Donald is even more polarizing that Obama. He’s not a slick Washington politician like Obama was. And he comes across as a bull in a China shop. I think they’re both asses, and I’d love nothing better than to step out behind the woodshed with both of them.

But for someone to say that they hope the economy fails regardless of whether it hurts millions of people or not, that is is un-American as it gets to me.

No I agree. No one should wish for the economy to suffer regardless of who’s in office. But there were just as many people who irrationally hated Obama as there are people who are irrational about Trump.

I don’t like either one as President. But Obama I feel like I could have a beer with. Trump would just berate me as a jealous loser because I didn’t vote for him lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT