ADVERTISEMENT

LOL @ State

He went to the same high school I went to, so I was pulling for him to have 11 good games every year. Hopefully he's able to recover and have a good year next year.
If he had grown up in my household I'm not sure i could pull for him to have a good game.

LOL Doeren expected to return next year. Mooers are just so stupid. I'd feel bad for them if they weren't all obnoxious dickheads.

Also...

He went to the same high school I went to, so I was pulling for him to have 11 good games every year. Hopefully he's able to recover and have a good year next year.
You're from Down East (sorta)?? Nice. A lot of my family is from Clinton and Warsaw.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Cxz0xENVEAgykN8.jpg:large

I'd wish they'd still do this. Now, all the students are from fuggin Greenwhich, CT and don't even know they're supposed to hate NC State. Cryin' shame.
I know you love whining about the fan base, but the percentage of out-of-state students at UNC is capped at 18% and I don't think that's changed in like 30 years.

Now you're probably right that today's students aren't as engaged in the LOL@State rivalry, but that's because it's been mostly one-sided for some time, not because the students aren't from NC.

I'd wish they'd still do this. Now, all the students are from fuggin Greenwhich, CT and don't even know they're supposed to hate NC State. Cryin' shame.

The out-of-state students have a more rigorous admissions process so I'd assume they should be smart enough to know about the rivalry :p

The reason they don't have things like that is because saying "Go To Hell State" can hurt someone's feelings, and rivalries be damned, we can't hurt anyone's feelings these days.

The out-of-state students have a more rigorous admissions process so I'd assume they should be smart enough to know about the rivalry :p

The reason they don't have things like that is because saying "Go To Hell State" can hurt someone's feelings, and rivalries be damned, we can't hurt anyone's feelings these days.
I'm an out-of-state student, trust me I know about the rigorous admissions process :oops:

I know you love whining about the fan base, but the percentage of out-of-state students at UNC is capped at 18% and I don't think that's changed in like 30 years.

Now you're probably right that today's students aren't as engaged in the LOL@State rivalry, but that's because it's been mostly one-sided for some time, not because the students aren't from NC.
I was using hyperbole to make a point. But just FYI, not all "in-state" students are created equal when it comes to knowing the state of North Carolina (cough, Cary, cough)

If you're thumping your chest over a 6-6 season, that speaks volumes about where that program is and is headed.
Their thumping their chest about beating us. You know that's all they care about. That game is their super bowl. For them, 1-11 with a win against UNC is better than 11-1 with a loss to UNC.

Reactions: grillheel
Their thumping their chest about beating us. You know that's all they care about. That game is their super bowl. For them, 1-11 with a win against UNC is better than 11-1 with a loss to UNC.

Well ya. I didn't really care about the NCSU game (caught some of the first half but that was it) because we were already out of the Coastal race. Maybe if I lived near some of the inbreds and had to listen to them crowing like they won the National Championship after winning a relatively meaningless game, I'd feel differently.

Man, getting geeked up after a 6-6 season is a sad state of life that I hope to never experience.

Well ya. I didn't really care about the NCSU game (caught some of the first half but that was it) because we were already out of the Coastal race. Maybe if I lived near some of the inbreds and had to listen to them crowing like they won the National Championship after winning a relatively meaningless game, I'd feel differently.

Man, getting geeked up after a 6-6 season is a sad state of life that I hope to never experience.
The state rivalry has never done much for me. Not just in football, but every sport. There is no significance behind beating them other than a win will shut them up. They aren't competitive with us in anything, so a win accomplishes nothing. Hell, at this point you could make an argument that Kentucky is more of a rival in basketball because it's competitive and it means something when we beat them. Even when duke was losing almost every game in football the rivalry still meant something because of the victory bell.

If you ever doubted whether this is their super bowl, doubt no more. One win and they're coming out of the woodwork to gloat over their .500 team. I wonder if somebody linked to this thread on their site, or if they already had it stewing in the backs of their minds, just waiting for a chance to come over here and crow.

Last edited:
If you ever doubted whether this is their super bowl, doubt no more. One win and they're coming out of the woodwork to gloat over their .500 team. I wonder is somebody linked to this thread on their site, or if they already had it stewing in the backs of their minds, just waiting for a chance to come over here and crow.
Probably both.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT