ADVERTISEMENT

Marquette PF/C Dawson Garcia

Hearing some whispers with no conformation Ill is out, Arizona has a up hill battle, Marquette is stronger than most think and I am expecting good news by midnight wed but take this with a grain of salt because I do not have conformation... I am concerned about Shaka Smart...Kid wants a legit chance at a final 4 ring...NBA wants him to bulk up more, may not be locked in to one more and done. He may announce Tuesday so that he is not caught up in the wash of multiple guys pulling out of the draft on wed. In the end it may come down to the relationship Dawson already had with Hubert when they were recruiting him out of high school, had it not been for the Kessler commit rumor has it Dawson would have been a Tar Heel because of the work Hubert put in with him, the operative word is TRUST and Dawson trusts Hubert.

Other recruiting items the new 22 offer, duke really feels like they have that kid wrapped up but he really likes what Hubert is talking. Doesn't seem like the staff is feeling it with Stoudt, may be thinking he stays mid west. Washington is keeping things pretty close to the vest and staff just has no idea what he is thinking and is reason additional offers have now been given out. Looks like Green is out unless something drastically changes. Lively, it is anyone's guess, G-league is a real concern but Hubert wants him bad. I have nothing on Whitmore.

Did ya notice how quickly Bacot's seafood deal was announced, there was a reason it was announced when it was. Now Sam Howell's deal has been announced, could it be that UNC wants to show recruits that they are NIL friendly?

Thank you "D"!!!

He has until 7/7 to withdraw from the NBA draft. Expect him to do this as early as tomorrow. Then expect a decision by Friday 7/9. I like our chances with him. If not for Kessler's commitment, he would have been a Tar Heel I heard. He now has the opportunity to make that happen, as the "basketball is now in his court".

Pun intended guys.

I think we get answer tonight or tomorrow after Arizona visit is complete. I suspect he will make the NBA announcement and college decision at same time. My last info early yesterday says UNC feels good about its chances. Kessler late decision for Auburn still haunts... This could be big for Hubert.

I think we get answer tonight or tomorrow after Arizona visit is complete. I suspect he will make the NBA announcement and college decision at same time. My last info early yesterday says UNC feels good about its chances. Kessler late decision for Auburn still haunts... This could be big for Hubert.
Where ya been hiding? Been a long time since I’ve seen you post on THR. Hope you post more often on what you’re hearing.

Reactions: TheGLOV
A commitment here would make this team a Final Four caliber team, if there is any doubt. Talk about deep and talented... He would be the final piece needed...
While they will still have to go out and earn it, yeah, on paper the addition of Garcia would seem to me to make us a final 4 considered team. Word of warning however, Brooks was considered the front runner for ACC POY prior to last season beginning and we saw how that played out so how things look on paper can be deceiving.

With Garcia we would have a front court that goes 5 deep and all 5 talented. That is actually 1 deeper than last season and only 1 of them is a freshman. Of our 3 transfers (assuming we get Garcia) ALL 3 were projected starters for the programs they left, 2 of them were starters for their teams last season and got strong starter minutes, that defines has guys that have proven themselves at the college. We had 2 true freshmen in our front court rotation that had not proven anything at the college level (thou both were big time talents, my statement is more about college experience than talent).

Wing position, Roy went to Leaky for the lion share of that position PT, in part due to the fact that his choices were limited. Puff has covid and injury issues, our smaller guys struggled to shoot making it harder to small ball at the 3 and Ant was not ready until well in to the season. So basically Roy's only real option was Leaky but look now. IN addition to Leaky, we are expecting Puff to be not just healthy but to add some meat on those bones. Styles, while more of a 4 can play the 3 effectively, I think McKoy may be able to work in there as well. If Hubert wants to go small at the wing he can now call on day 1 Ant, Dunn, Walton.

2 guard, pretty darn deep, RJ spent time at the 2 and the point last season, Walton and Ant can 2 or 3, Dunn is IMO not hyped like others we have seen but that kid is a serious talent and a guy that can earn big PT even at a deep position.

The point, well clearly we have Caleb and RJ back and maybe Lebo could find a few minutes. We go from ZERO experience at the point last season to all our PGs having a season under their belts.

While we may still be a little lite on experience we have much more than we did last season and all our freshmen last season started playing much better late season. PG depth is critical because we all recall our UNC history of watching our PG go down in the NCAAT and it ending our natty dreams in more than 1 season.

Welcome to the bandwagon D! Hubs will silence the rush to judgement crowd very soon and I really see nothing to criticize so far! Grabbing Garcia would be the coup that makes Green irrelevant! Garcia is better and more coachable it seems!

Join the Family, Mr. Garcia!
We'll send you to the lottery with a ring!

Welcome to the bandwagon D! Hubs will silence the rush to judgement crowd very soon and I really see nothing to criticize so far! Grabbing Garcia would be the coup that makes Green irrelevant! Garcia is better and more coachable it seems!

Feel like I have a good idea of the changes Hubert is making on the offensive end, I do want a better feel for what his defensive plan is. Specifically, how will he have them play the high pick, will we still over help in the paint leaving open spot up shooters, will he use multiple defenses by plan and not be forced to?

Feel like I have a good idea of the changes Hubert is making on the offensive end, I do want a better feel for what his defensive plan is. Specifically, how will he have them play the high pick, will we still over help in the paint leaving open spot up shooters, will he use multiple defenses by plan and not be forced to?
If there is one thing I DO NOT want Hubert to carry over from Roy, this would be it.

For all the things he's looking for, there is optimism that we are the right fit.

Is this insider info or filling the Universe with positive vibes? Sorry Travis, I don't know your level of connection and don't want to get over excited.

Chatter on the Illinois boards seem to think he is theirs.
Cockburn pulling out of the draft and chosing between a return to Ill and Ky, if he stays at Ill, that may be a problem for us getting Garcia.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Cockburn pulling out of the draft and chosing between a return to Ill and Ky, if he stays at Ill, that may be a problem for us getting Garcia.

Sorry to be a little dense but is the thought that Garcia wants to play with an established 5, like Cockburn, or that he wants to be featured and have the frontcourt to himself? Seems like if he wanted someone else to play the 5, we would be very attractive. If he wants to be the main man (at the cost of wins) he could stay at Marquette.

Sorry to be a little dense but is the thought that Garcia wants to play with an established 5, like Cockburn, or that he wants to be featured and have the frontcourt to himself? Seems like if he wanted someone else to play the 5, we would be very attractive. If he wants to be the main man (at the cost of wins) he could stay at Marquet.e, no m

Sorry to be a little dense but is the thought that Garcia wants to play with an established 5, like Cockburn, or that he wants to be featured and have the frontcourt to himself? Seems like if he wanted someone else to play the 5, we would be very attractive. If he wants to be the main man (at the cost of wins) he could stay at Marquette.
There are plenty of minutes right here as far as playing time is concerned. He can accomplish all of his dreams and goals here.

I agree if Cockburn stays, I think Illinois fits Garcia very well. We fit well too, with Bacot in the middle. The only downside is he will split stretch 4 with Manek.

He seems to really want this to be his last year in college, I would imagine he is weighing quite a few of the pros & cons for where that best fit may be.

Word is that he is looking to play beside an establish 5 so that he has the freedom to step outside and be able to show case his shooting ability. Yes, Bacot represents that for us, Cockburn would be that for Ill, if he returns to Ill.

I'm afraid the longer this goes, the less chance we have. I say that only because we have no changing pieces. What we have is what we have. If Garcia is waiting around for something, it's Illinois and Cockburn to be decided. On the other hand, if Kofi leaves, we might be plan b

I agree if Cockburn stays, I think Illinois fits Garcia very well. We fit well too, with Bacot in the middle. The only downside is he will split stretch 4 with Manek.

He seems to really want this to be his last year in college, I would imagine he is weighing quite a few of the pros & cons for where that best fit may be.
Garcia wouldn’t split minutes with Manek. If Garcia comes to UNC, Leaky comes off the bench.

garcia is pimping wit kakilaki, illinois, and big a. what yall think?

we need him in heel blue

x factor

he the real shizzle

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT