ADVERTISEMENT

Masters week

Tiger with the lead in the final group. 3 holes to play... this is insane

Drains the putt and stripes the drive on 17. Two pars could get it done. One more birdie clinches it IMO

Reactions: TarHeelMark
BUT WHAT DID WEBB SIMPSON DO?

Seriously, any hating on Tiger is ridiculously stupid. The guy is the entire sport and no one in sports could have made today what it was.

Seriously, any hating on Tiger is ridiculously stupid. The guy is the entire sport and no one in sports could have made today what it was.
No one is hating on Tiger you damn yankee. He played like a veteran, impressive and well deserved. Simple as that. Others do the same, but his days of dominating tourneys is over. There's a lot of young talent out there and what they do should be appreciated.

um, he’s not even close to the entire sport...he had a great week, one which i never expected...the other issue for your fandom is it’s augusta so it’s easy to get it back on this track...we can go there later, but if you’re a fan, good for you, great day.

um, he’s not even close to the entire sport...he had a great week, one which i never expected...the other issue for your fandom is it’s augusta so it’s easy to get it back on this track...we can go there later, but if you’re a fan, good for you, great day.

Go take a look at ratings when Tiger is involved vs when he isn’t. Then we can have this convo.

Here, I’ll do some work for you:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/golfweek.com/2019/04/14/golf-masters-tv-ratings/amp/

Sunday’s tee times were pushed up but I’d still bet the morning crowd drew absurd ratings. Something tells me they weren’t tuning in for the Patrick Cantaly run.

Last edited:
I’m neither a Tiger lover or hater, but I will say that I watched most of Saturday and all of Sunday mainly because he was in contention. Otherwise, I would’ve tried to catch only the last few hours on Sunday.

I didn’t pick Tiger to win since I really didn’t think he had it in him for four rounds. He’s flirted with some good rounds in the majors over the last few years, but couldn’t maintain it. This week... he played masterfully, and his victory was well earned.

For the first time ever, Tiger came from behind on Sunday in a major to win. He may never win another major but it was a helluva story, and I enjoyed watching it.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Nope, they were turning in for Brooks Koepka. ;)
Always fluffing up your FSU guys, eh? :eek:

Seriously though, I was thinking Brooks was gonna pull it out. He just kept lurking about one or two back all day. Dude had some make-able birdie putts at 17 & 18, but just couldn’t knock them down. It could’ve been real interesting if he had hit either one.

So what was your guys’ take on the contenders collapsing down the stretch? It was bizzarre. Molinari esp. he seemed rock solid with only one bogey i think all tourney.

So what was your guys’ take on the contenders collapsing down the stretch? It was bizzarre. Molinari esp. he seemed rock solid with only one bogey i think all tourney.
Was really weird that #12 doomed that many players. Must have been some crazy wind up there.

Some dude put down ~$90k on Tiger @ 14-1, and won about $1.2M.

24263315_5.jpg

Reactions: Heelicious
It was almost like the Tiger intimidation factor from the early 2000’s all over again.

Finau and Frankie were the only guys over par on Sunday in the last like 7 groups. Can safely say the intimidation factor is back.

Finau and Frankie were the only guys over par on Sunday in the last like 7 groups. Can safely say the intimidation factor is back.

Happy for Tiger but I promise you Koepka is not intimidated. He’s proven that. Tiger, BK and DJ play a lot together in Jupiter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT