ADVERTISEMENT

Microwaving fish at work

I have brought grilled salmon before but do not microwave it. I just eat it cold.

I don't see the issue.

giphy.gif

I haven't used a microwave in over a decade. No exaggeration. Microwaves ruin food. Anything I reheat goes in corningwear and in the oven.

Fish is delicious and I love it. But I typically don't eat leftover fish. I try to get the portions right when cooking fish so there aren't any leftovers.

Reactions: ticket2ride04
I haven't used a microwave in over a decade. No exaggeration. Microwaves ruin food. Anything I reheat goes in corningwear and in the oven.

Fish is delicious and I love it. But I typically don't eat leftover fish. I try to get the portions right when cooking fish so there aren't any leftovers.
I see, you're one of those people who will interrupt a conversation some are having about a TV show they watch and say "I don't watch TV" expecting some "OMG, no way!" reaction.

I see, you're one of those people who will interrupt a conversation some are having about a TV show they watch and say "I don't watch TV" expecting some "OMG, no way!" reaction.

Yes. That's exactly the type of person I am. I'm also the type to muck up worthless threads with semi-related commentary in an effort to get reactions. So in other words, you fell right into my trap.

Now, GFY and this 1 star thread.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Yes. That's exactly the type of person I am. I'm also the type to muck up worthless threads with semi-related commentary in an effort to get reactions. So in other words, you fell right into my trap.

Now, GFY and this 1 star thread.
You're wrong. Nothing I poast is worthless. My words are the Bible of this message board.

Ah, the Great Microwave Fish Incident of 2016.

Now, I've smelled microwaved fish before and it isn't pleasant. However, what happened at my place of work in the summer of 2016 defies anything you've ever experienced before. Somebody -- we still don't know who, since nobody ever crumbled despite the intense interrogation administered by our VP -- microwaved some sort of sea trash that absolutely destroyed our entire floor for three days.

I'm not even kidding when I say my workplace was uninhabitable. We had people who had to work from home for two days after GMFI16 because the smell was so horrific. To make matters worse, people tried to spray the microwave with Lysol and Windex, which only resulted in subsequent uses of the microwave spreading the smell of fish + Lysol + Windex throughout the building.

#neverforget

Ah, the Great Microwave Fish Incident of 2016.

Now, I've smelled microwaved fish before and it isn't pleasant. However, what happened at my place of work in the summer of 2016 defies anything you've ever experienced before. Somebody -- we still don't know who, since nobody ever crumbled despite the intense interrogation administered by our VP -- microwaved some sort of sea trash that absolutely destroyed our entire floor for three days.

I'm not even kidding when I say my workplace was uninhabitable. We had people who had to work from home for two days after GMFI16 because the smell was so horrific. To make matters worse, people tried to spray the microwave with Lysol and Windex, which only resulted in subsequent uses of the microwave spreading the smell of fish + Lysol + Windex throughout the building.

#neverforget
I threw up halfway through reading this.

I NEVER microwave fish. Leftover fish is not pleasant in most cases anyway and only those you can eat cold are worth trying.

I did have one of my temp workers, who was a big health nut and exercise fanatic, almost run me out of the office back in the winter. He brought in something he was eating cold in a plastic container that smelled like month old bait. I think he said it was herring, but I honestly can't remember because I was borderline projectile vomiting. I to this day have no idea how he choked that crap down, but I told him next time he wanted to bring that for lunch, he was to eat out in the parking lot. Dude left not long after that, so I never had to enforce that with him.

Most folks in my office are pretty conscious of everyone else. Occasionally someone will bring something that is not pleasant, but for the most part everyone is pretty courteous.

I did work with a guy who would get physically sick over burnt popcorn. Literally made him lose his cookies if someone burned a bag in the microwave.

I NEVER microwave fish. Leftover fish is not pleasant in most cases anyway and only those you can eat cold are worth trying.

I did have one of my temp workers, who was a big health nut and exercise fanatic, almost run me out of the office back in the winter. He brought in something he was eating cold in a plastic container that smelled like month old bait. I think he said it was herring, but I honestly can't remember because I was borderline projectile vomiting. I to this day have no idea how he choked that crap down, but I told him next time he wanted to bring that for lunch, he was to eat out in the parking lot. Dude left not long after that, so I never had to enforce that with him.

Most folks in my office are pretty conscious of everyone else. Occasionally someone will bring something that is not pleasant, but for the most part everyone is pretty courteous.

I did work with a guy who would get physically sick over burnt popcorn. Literally made him lose his cookies if someone burned a bag in the microwave.

Ah, I see. You're one of those guys that interrupts a conversation some are having about a TV show they watch and say "I don't watch TV" expecting some "OMG, no way!" reaction.

@coolwaterunc

One time a co worker microwaved a day old Hardees chili dog with onions. That was pretty bad.

Fish is barely tolerable fresh. No way I am ever eating leftover fish and anyone who does should be kicked square in the nuts.

My wife works with this lady whose husband at a salad, three shrimp, a baked potato, a roll, and a 72 oz steak tonight. Not sure where he was but it made me sick just watching clips of it (they posted it online). I suppose he got it free or something.

Exactly. About the only fish I will eat leftover is Seared Ahi Tuna. You can flake that out, and make some damn fine tuna salad with it.

Exactly. About the only fish I will eat leftover is Seared Ahi Tuna. You can flake that out, and make some damn fine tuna salad with it.
you can flake out cold leftover salmon and put it in a green salad and it's not bad that way, especially if it was smoked.

Ceviche with snapper and marinated raw tuna is only fish I like. I’m with slinger, haven’t eaten anything microwaved in years. I use an air fryer to re heat.

We were at a $35/entree chop house last weekend. My wife ordered prime rib med rare. That shit came out raw and cold. She sent it back. They effing nuked it. It was so obvious. Still on the same plate in the exact same position with the edges all overcooked and brown. I grabbed that plate up and walked back into the kitchen myself. Long story short our meal was comped.

Ceviche with snapper and marinated raw tuna is only fish I like. I’m with slinger, haven’t eaten anything microwaved in years. I use an air fryer to re heat.

We were at a $35/entree chop house last weekend. My wife ordered prime rib med rare. That shit came out raw and cold. She sent it back. They effing nuked it. It was so obvious. Still on the same plate in the exact same position with the edges all overcooked and brown. I grabbed that plate up and walked back into the kitchen myself. Long story short our meal was comped.
Should've gone to a $50/entree type place.

Reactions: bluetoe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT