ADVERTISEMENT

My advice to Michigan State's AD

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
Fire Mel Tucker now, for cause.

Last year, when Mich St was highly ranked and earlier had upset then undefeated Michigan, MSU gave Tucker a contract of 95 million over 10 years. I said that was a huge risk, and I might even have called it insane. It was just Tucker's 2nd season as MSU HC. In the 1st, he finished 2-5.

Before MSU, Tucker was HC at Colorado. His one Buffs team was also a Loser at 5-7. So on that very small sample, which did not feature a single conference championship but did feature 2 Losers out of 3 years,, MSU gambled nearly 100 million dollars.

The post game against Michigan this year provides MSU with the opportunity to snd Tucker and his nearly unbelievably overpriced contract away forever. Not only do we have video of. large group of Spartans (about 10)n attacking a single Wolverine, but video also shows Tucker in an altercation with a fan.

If Mich St does not use these incidents to fire Tucker for cause, then Mich St is going to waste nearly 100 million dollars. These two incidents will take even more sheen off Tucker, resulting in lost recruits. That on top of the fact that he's shown that what he definitely can accomplish is 2 losing teams to each 1 winning team. That's certainly not worth remotely close to 9.5 million per year, for a full decade.

a08e5854-e29d-430d-9724-125fc4b91896_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: uncboy10
Jimbo Fisher has the Aggies sitting at 3-5, and they should have lost to Arkansas and easily could have lost to Miami. Jimbo's buyout is said to be 87.5 million. What are Aggie boosters to do?

The only thing positive I can about about that Aggie stupidity in hiring Fisher with that contract is that it is not as bad as Mich St stupidity because Jimbo had been OC on a National Champ and then had won a National Championship as HC.

Jimbo Fisher has the Aggies sitting at 3-5, and they should have lost to Arkansas and easily could have lost to Miami. Jimbo's buyout is said to be 87.5 million. What are Aggie boosters to do?

The only thing positive I can about about that Aggie stupidity in hiring Fisher with that contract is that it is not as bad as Mich St stupidity because Jimbo had been OC on a National Champ and then had won a National Championship as HC.
Maybe one of Mich St or the Aggies should hire the Miami OC who is lighting it up down there in Coral Gables. Both of these schools need to make #BIGMOVES

Maybe one of Mich St or the Aggies should hire the Miami OC who is lighting it up down there in Coral Gables. Both of these schools need to make #BIGMOVES
That won't do it. They both need to hire Dre Bly. Just look at how masterful his coaching is. He took a low 3* in Grimes and has made him look like a 5* #1 CB draft pick. Or Thigpen for LB coach. He's developed the deepest and best LB room in the ACC. Or how about how totally brilliant a DL coach Cross is, having not a single 4* to work with.

Reactions: gcrow
That won't do it. They both need to hire Dre Bly. Just look at how masterful his coaching is. He took a low 3* in Grimes and has made him look like a 5* #1 CB draft pick. Or Thigpen for LB coach. He's developed the deepest and best LB room in the ACC. Or how about how totally brilliant a DL coach Cross is, having not a single 4* to work with.
I thought it would since that hire was a BIG MOVE? You still think Dre' is coaching these guys? He's there to help recruiting, never bad to have a guy that has been there and done it. Warren and Chiz are calling the plays, not Dre.

Yea, we should ALL take Woad's advice!

How about Mack getting this team ready to play after a BYE week while putting the most points up on Pitt all year! Still waiting for that thread.

Cedric Grey is one of the best LBs in the ACC. Hard to pick on Thig too much considering Grey was mostly a WR in HS. ETA Power isn't perfect, but he's doing some pretty good things too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT