ADVERTISEMENT

Your 10 fav music videos

heelmanwilm

Hall of Famer
May 26, 2005
Wilmington NC
Dgaf what’s “the best” in anyone’s opinion, just what’s your favorite music video. Maybe it’s the music, the special effects, a great live performance….whatever sets your wood on fire. Throw in one “guilty pleasure” as well that you don’t exactly let everyone know you like.

10. Rock lobster, b-52’s, any version.
crazy song, crazy band and oh btw I saw them in a frat basement at unc in ‘80 while on acid.
9. Disturbed, sound of silence. (Live on Conan)
Fuking bad ass vocals. Most powerful singing performance I know of
8. Killing in the name of, RATM (live)
Incredible energy in front of a huge mass of people. Always gets me head banging. Lyrics just as relevant today as they were then. Maybe even more
7. Psycho killer, talking heads (live stop making sense)
Byrne is a genius
6. Creep, radio head. Would be ranked higher if it didn’t take 4 shots tequila to get u brave enough to sing along and compete with his range
5. Enter sandman, metallica
( live in moscow) million russkies losing their minds
4. Sober, Tool. (Live) dude is a great frontman, song is dark af about addiction. Always gets me in my feels
3. Live aid, queen
Greatest frontman ever with literally the world as his audience and he fuking kills it. Walks out there and owns it. Would also be up there with greatest live performance ever
2. While my guitar gently weeps, Prince, Tom petty
Unbelievable collection of talent with prince giving the greatest guitar solo of all time. When he’s through he throws the guitar. Why? Cause that guitar was done. He wore that shit out.
1. Winona big brown beaver, primus. This video never fails to blow me away. Love to share with people for first reactions. The costumes, the bass line, the animated story….incredibly entertaining.

Guilty pleasure. Suspicious minds, elvis live in Vegas
Fuking elvis. What can you say. 30 women got pregnant just by being there.

I don’t know about my 10 “favorites” but here are 10 I like a lot.

Beastie Boys - Sabotage
Dynamite Hack - Boyz In The Hood
Bob Dylan - Subterranean Homesick Blues
Weezer- Buddy Holly
Pink Floyd - Marooned
Gorillaz- Clint Eastwood
Mumford & Sons - Hopeless Wanderer
Biggie - Sky’s The Limit
Prof - Bar Breaker
Tom Petty - Don’t Come Around Here No More

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Dgaf what’s “the best” in anyone’s opinion, just what’s your favorite music video. Maybe it’s the music, the special effects, a great live performance….whatever sets your wood on fire. Throw in one “guilty pleasure” as well that you don’t exactly let everyone know you like.

10. Rock lobster, b-52’s, any version.
crazy song, crazy band and oh btw I saw them in a frat basement at unc in ‘80 while on acid.
9. Disturbed, sound of silence. (Live on Conan)
Fuking bad ass vocals. Most powerful singing performance I know of
8. Killing in the name of, RATM (live)
Incredible energy in front of a huge mass of people. Always gets me head banging. Lyrics just as relevant today as they were then. Maybe even more
7. Psycho killer, talking heads (live stop making sense)
Byrne is a genius
6. Creep, radio head. Would be ranked higher if it didn’t take 4 shots tequila to get u brave enough to sing along and compete with his range
5. Enter sandman, metallica
( live in moscow) million russkies losing their minds
4. Sober, Tool. (Live) dude is a great frontman, song is dark af about addiction. Always gets me in my feels
3. Live aid, queen
Greatest frontman ever with literally the world as his audience and he fuking kills it. Walks out there and owns it. Would also be up there with greatest live performance ever
2. While my guitar gently weeps, Prince, Tom petty
Unbelievable collection of talent with prince giving the greatest guitar solo of all time. When he’s through he throws the guitar. Why? Cause that guitar was done. He wore that shit out.
1. Winona big brown beaver, primus. This video never fails to blow me away. Love to share with people for first reactions. The costumes, the bass line, the animated story….incredibly entertaining.

Guilty pleasure. Suspicious minds, elvis live in Vegas
Fuking elvis. What can you say. 30 women got pregnant just by being there.
wow this is weird, because when I saw the theme the first video that came to mind was this one...

That was a great solo by Prince but it wouldn’t even crack the top 25 greatest live solos of all time.

Beastie Boys - Sabotage
Weezer- Buddy Holly
Pink Floyd - Marooned
Gorillaz- Clint Eastwood
Biggie - Sky’s The Limit
Prof - Bar Breaker

I bet the BBs had so much making this video.

They had me with the argyle.

INXS copied Bob’s idea for their song Mediate.

What can I say? I loved Happy Days.

The song is amazing and I’m fascinated by Chernobyl.

Beastie Boys - Sabotage
Weezer- Buddy Holly
Pink Floyd - Marooned
Gorillaz- Clint Eastwood
Biggie - Sky’s The Limit
Prof - Bar Breaker

Really cool artwork.

I’ll watch anything with Ed Helms.

Kids doing adult things is humorous (not in real life).

Lol. The Bang Bus.

Trippy.

twisted-sister-were-not-gonna-take-it.gif

no particular order except for the previously posted Mr. Krinkle by Primus, my clear numero uno.

rooster--AIC
eyes without a face--Billy Idol
subterranean homesick blues--Dylan
learning to fly-Pink Floyd
end of the line ---Traveling Willburys
danger high voltage --Electric Six
just dropped in (Big Lebowski version)-- first edition
hot for teacher--van Halen
centerfold--J Geils

honorable mention
it's a man's world--Luciano Pavorotti and James Brown live

Last edited:
no particular order except for the previously posted Mr. Krinkle by Primus, my clear numero uno.

rooster--AIC
eyes without a face--Billy Idol
subterranean homesick blues--Dylan
learning to fly-Pink Floyd
end of the line ---Traveling Willburys
danger high voltage --Electric Six
just dropped in (Big Lebowski version)-- first edition
hot for teacher--van Halen
centerfold--J Geils
All great vids. Good call on centerfold. When the girls dance around in lingerie….i feel funny

Reactions: bluetoe
I pretty much had mtv on 24/7 for the years it actually showed videos. The flip side was that there were some videos I got sick of them pushing and grew to hate as well as some low budget god awful ones.

Mickey you’re so fine, girl in a cheerleading outfit. Target demo was evidently 13 yr old girls. Musta cost dozens of dollars.

White wedding, billy idol. Cheesy af and mtv wore that shyt out.

Total eclipse of the heart, bonnie something. School boys flying around with glowing eyes. Her voice sounded like she smoked two packs Marlboros a day.

Major Tom , David Bowie. A clown walks down the beach talking to his mom about an astronaut that’s a junkie. Smfh

Land of confusion, genesis. Actually loved the video at first. And I love genesis. But cotdamn they musta played that thing every 15 min. I can’t stand it now

Wake me up before you go go. Wham, Title alone makes it the stupidest video ever. Throw in fake tans, tight white jeans, and the don johnson look and you have the perfect storm of unwatchable horror.

Wake me up before you go go. Wham, Title alone makes it the stupidest video ever. Throw in fake tans, tight white jeans, and the don johnson look and you have the perfect storm of unwatchable horror.
LMAO, very well said. Spot on regarding that miserable tune and video. On the other hand, the lead honcho was a multi-millionaire almost before he was out of diapers. There is no justice.

I rarely liked a video AND the song... imagine that.

There were a few:

Unavailable??? WTF! Stevie Ray Vaughan's "Cold Shot" is the all-time best video EVER made!

Bone Thugs and Harmony- Crossroads
Public Enemy - Fight the Power
Twiztid- Kill Somebody
New Edition - If It Isn't Love
King Diamond- Welcome Home

I pretty much had mtv on 24/7 for the years it actually showed videos. The flip side was that there were some videos I got sick of them pushing and grew to hate as well as some low budget god awful ones.

Mickey you’re so fine, girl in a cheerleading outfit. Target demo was evidently 13 yr old girls. Musta cost dozens of dollars.

White wedding, billy idol. Cheesy af and mtv wore that shyt out.

Total eclipse of the heart, bonnie something. School boys flying around with glowing eyes. Her voice sounded like she smoked two packs Marlboros a day.

Major Tom , David Bowie. A clown walks down the beach talking to his mom about an astronaut that’s a junkie. Smfh

Land of confusion, genesis. Actually loved the video at first. And I love genesis. But cotdamn they musta played that thing every 15 min. I can’t stand it now

Peter Schilling sang Major Tom. You mean Space Oddity.

Whitesnake here i go again
Fountains of Wayne Stacy's mom
Motley crue Home sweet home
Luke combs when it rains it pours
Dierks Bentley drunk on a plane
Jackyl I stand alone
Lil dicky save dat money
Kid rock Cowboy

in no particular order

Whitesnake here i go again
Fountains of Wayne Stacy's mom
Motley crue Home sweet home
Luke combs when it rains it pours
Dierks Bentley drunk on a plane
Jackyl I stand alone
Lil dicky save dat money
Kid rock Cowboy

in no particular order
Lil Dicky is another one of those guys who does a lot of videos where they don't take themselves seriously. He's actually a pretty good rapper and I like the fact that he leans heavily into the humor of him being a white, Jewish rapper.

Reactions: notashelbyfan
Lil Dicky is another one of those guys who does a lot of videos where they don't take themselves seriously. He's actually a pretty good rapper and I like the fact that he leans heavily into the humor of him being a white, Jewish rapper.

I’m not a huge Lil Dicky fan but I get the appeal. “Humble rap” as it’s often referred. Are you familiar with Spose? White dude from Wells, Maine. Lol. He wrote the book on humble rap. I like him a lot. He’s got some pretty funny videos too.

But he’s got bars.

The song is all-around badass. The Black Keys are fvcking great. And, this video is perfect!

I suppose these were called "promo films" when they were released.

Gerry Rafferty (Baker's Street, Right Down The Line) had already left the band, so... the other guy pretended to be singing.

And... more Rolling Stones...

I'm going to break mine into categories and I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch.

80s gets its own category because it was just a wonderfully wild decade for music videos

Hip-hop:

Pop/Punk/Rock

Not a rap/hip-hop guy at all but I liked the Aerosmith/Run DMC video for "Walk This Way."

I'd have to think for a while to come up with a ten favorites list. As was mentioned before, the Tom Petty video for "Don't Come Around Here No More" was great.

I apologize if someone’s posted this before but I just saw this for the first time and WOW. rarely if ever does a music video catch me completely off guard and speak so powerfully to me. Being my age you naturally look back on your life with regret over mistakes and people you’ve hurt. It’s especially hard when you know you have far fewer years left than you’ve lived and your legacy is pretty much already set be it good or bad. Most of y’all I believe are way younger than me so I just want to encourage you to live your life being kind and honest and doing right by your family cause in the end that’s all you’ll have and hopefully you won’t have to watch videos like this and feel like someone kicked you in the balls.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT