ADVERTISEMENT

Your 10 fav music videos

I apologize if someone’s posted this before but I just saw this for the first time and WOW. rarely if ever does a music video catch me completely off guard and speak so powerfully to me. Being my age you naturally look back on your life with regret over mistakes and people you’ve hurt. It’s especially hard when you know you have far fewer years left than you’ve lived and your legacy is pretty much already set be it good or bad. Most of y’all I believe are way younger than me so I just want to encourage you to live your life being kind and honest and doing right by your family cause in the end that’s all you’ll have and hopefully you won’t have to watch videos like this and feel like someone kicked you in the balls.
I know this is going to be a super hot take, but this is one of the most overrated covers I've ever heard. It's decent, but people act like it's life changing.

I know this is going to be a super hot take, but this is one of the most overrated covers I've ever heard. It's decent, but people act like it's life changing.

I agree there's a lot of hype around it but I think it's because Cash nailed it. It fits him so well that this is the version most people know. It may not even be my favorite song of that album of covers that Cash did. I love his version of U2's One.

I agree there's a lot of hype around it but I think it's because Cash nailed it. It fits him so well that this is the version most people know. It may not even be my favorite song of that album of covers that Cash did. I love his version of U2's One.
It's because he died right after it came out. If he lives another five years and puts out another album, then it wouldn't be looked at the way it is. Same thing as Heath Ledger's joker.

It's because he died right after it came out. If he lives another five years and puts out another album, then it wouldn't be looked at the way it is. Same thing as Heath Ledger's joker.
no it isn't, it's because he nailed it. It might not be life-changing, but it got me in the feels like no one else's version could. The original is an example of good song-writing but the performance is too affected for my taste.

And actually, it's because Heath Ledger nailed it as well. Most comic book characters remain comic-bookish when brought to the silver screen, but that guy just oozed bad manners. No wonder Ledger died, he was never going to top that performance.

no it isn't, it's because he nailed it. It might not be life-changing, but it got me in the feels like no one else's version could. The original is an example of good song-writing but the performance is too affected for my taste.

And actually, it's because Heath Ledger nailed it as well. Most comic book characters remain comic-bookish when brought to the silver screen, but that guy just oozed bad manners. No wonder Ledger died, he was never going to top that performance.
Like I said, I knew it was a hot take. No reason to be emotional about it.

Reactions: bluetoe
Bad to the bone George Thorogood
Stacy's mom Fountains of Wayne
Copperhead Road Steve Earle
Goodbye to you Scandal
Kiss me deadly Lita Ford
I hate myself for loving you Joan Jett
Blinded me with science Thomas Dolby
The Warrior Scandal
Take on me Aha(?)
Once I was Tim Buckley (new or old video)
How do you like me now? Toby Keith
God is great, beer is good, people are crazy. Billy Currington
Home Jessie Ritter
Celebrity Brad Paisley
What the Hell Avril Lavaigne(?)
More than 10, but who cares? 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: heelmanwilm
Another one with Aha and Take On Me!

That's hard to believe!
there's just something about it, embarassing as that might be to acknowledge. I wouldn't be surprised if you're harboring some guilty admiration yourself.

there's just something about it, embarassing as that might be to acknowledge. I wouldn't be surprised if you're harboring some guilty admiration yourself.

ITs favorite “video”, not song. Admittedly, that video is kind of cool and was fairly groundbreaking at the time.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
No... the song is abhorrent. The video is unique, but the song makes me want to stab my ears.

That's why it's ridiculed in films...

ITs favorite “video”, not song. Admittedly, that video is kind of cool and was fairly groundbreaking at the time.
you mean like it says in the thread title?

confused.gif

No... the song is abhorrent. The video is unique, but the song makes me want to stab my ears.

That's why it's ridiculed in films...

it's an earbug kind of song, that's why it's annoying. There are some few songs that I refuse to listen to because they'll get stuck in my head for days if I do.

sabotage
coffee & tv
paul’s boutique
sure shot
warped
lose yourself
higher ground
one(metallica)
home sweet home
would

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts