ADVERTISEMENT

National Championship Game Thread

Exactly, JuleZ. The conference is gaining momentum as a force to be reckoned with in college football. I'm sure THN realizes the significance of that, I think he is worried that it will make it even harder to keep NC recruits home. And maybe it will, but their program isn't going to decline any time soon so we've got to deal with that and elevate our program.
Since the SEC's streak of 7 straight nattys with 4 different teams, they have only won 1 of the last 4. The ACC has won 2 of the last 4 with 2 different programs.

Margin of national championship games

College Football
2016: 4 points
2015: 5 points
2014: 22 points
2013: 3 points
2012: 28 points

College Basketball
2016: 3 points
2015: 5 points
2014: 6 points
2013: 6 points
2012: 8 points

Not too shabby.

I don't care how good of a coach Fedora may be or whether or not Klempsun wins or loses the natty- how does anyone recruit against this?

I don't care how good of a coach Fedora may be or whether or not Klempsun wins or loses the natty- how does anyone recruit against this?

I had a conversation with the contractor of these projects a couple of weeks ago and he was telling me it is almost sickening the amount of money they are putting into this too. He was from Colorado and said it will make other facilities pale in comparison and he's worked on quite a few. He said he personally has never seen a school put so much into a football program before. He never said the dollar amount but was making the point it was astronomical. Not surprising at all seeing what is always going on around.

It's not a championship belt. It's a belt that the Bama defensive player who caused the most recent turnover gets to hold.

NVM. RH beat me to it.

Oh okay, that makes me feel better. So Clemson does this too? Cause I saw their players carrying one around after the game ... exactly the same except with their logo in the middle.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
Did I hear correctly on ESPN this morning that the ACC was 10-4 against the SEC this season . . ?

I had a conversation with the contractor of these projects a couple of weeks ago and he was telling me it is almost sickening the amount of money they are putting into this too. He was from Colorado and said it will make other facilities pale in comparison and he's worked on quite a few. He said he personally has never seen a school put so much into a football program before. He never said the dollar amount but was making the point it was astronomical. Not surprising at all seeing what is always going on around.
$55M
140,000 sq ft
Weight room alone is 20,000 sq ft (That's more than 12 times the square footage of my 3BR house. For the weight room.)

Reactions: Raising Heel
1 - I'm very happy for Dabo and Clemson. If I was a 5 star recruit, I'd want to play for Dabo.

2 - We don't really battle Clemson for recruits. Sure, we recruit some of the same guys, but they're just way better than us. Clemson basketball has recruited some of the same guys we have historically and they lose 9 times out of 10 to us because we're just the better basketball program. Had Clemson lost, I don't think it would have done anything to close the gap in recruiting between us and Clemson.

3 - I agree with strum (call the newspaper). I too think the game of football will be dead within 20 years.

Serious question . . . how do y'all get it to quote the poast your referencing AND the poast it's referencing?

That's the only thing that's bugged me about the Rivals forum overhaul. It doesn't copy the whole chain.

I agree with strum (call the newspaper). I too think the game of football will be dead within 20 years.

You may be right. When it does eventually die, it's gonna be a sad death. The NFL isn't going to be ok with just boarding up and going home, even when the evidence of damage to the brain is so overwhelming that it can't be denied, and we find out that even much more minor contact than we thought creates even worse problems than we thought. Who knows maybe even lawmakers somehow force their hand to take contact out of the game.

There will be a season or two of essentially NFL 7 on 7 flag football until they just lose all viewership.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT