ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA baseball tourney thread

Originally posted by sctarheel30:

uva with a walk off single to beat ole miss
Probably should've stayed up for that one. I assumed it was going into extra innings and couldn't hold my eyes open, so I turned it off. D'oh! In any case, glad the Hoos got the W. I'm pulling for them the rest of the way.

vandy beat cal-irvine. Irvine blew a chance to beat vandy with a subpar performance by tyler beede....really needed to take advantage of that and put them in the losers bracket

texas forces a what if game with vandy.

uva and ole miss to resume today after a weather delay

Texas and Vandy went extra innings to determine who would play UVA. It'll be the Commodores.

I haven't gotten to watch much of the last couple games but I plan on tuning in for the final series. Should be a good one. You have to like the Wahoos' chances. By going undefeated in Omaha they have fresher arms available in the bullpen...and my understanding is they had a deeper bullpen than Vandy to begin with. Would love to see the ACC get that monkey off its back.

went to bed before vandy finished off texas. ok uva please bring it home for the ACC.

one thing for sure one team will win their first ever NC

Yeah, I was pulling for Vanderbilt. Texas has been there, done that plenty. It's nice to see some new names popping up. I also have a soft spot for the Dores since my brother's family lives in Nashville and my niece and nephew were both born at Vandy Medical Center.

Still pulling for Virginia in the championship, though!
wink.r191677.gif

Wow. UVA starter Nathan Kirby was in control but has come completely unglued in the 3rd. He has matched his career high for walks (5) in a SINGLE inning. That, combined with two hits and an error, has allowed Vandy to score 5 runs. Bases still loaded with 1 out T3 Dores up 5-2.

Wow. The wheels have come off.

Vandy gets a single, a HBP, and a 3-run double to score NINE runs in the top of the 3rd. They lead 9-2 in the middle of the 3rd. I'm probably done with updates for the night since I don't think UVA is coming back from that deficit. Just so un characteristic to see UVA sabotage themselves like that.

Originally posted by Raising Heel:
Wow. The wheels have come off.

Vandy gets a single, a HBP, and a 3-run double to score NINE runs in the top of the 3rd. They lead 9-2 in the middle of the 3rd. I'm probably done with updates for the night since I don't think UVA is coming back from that deficit. Just so un characteristic to see UVA sabotage themselves like that.
wow the third inning was brutal to say the least

uva trying to scratch their way back into the game now 9-7 t6 hope the third inning isn't their downfall

wow two hard hit balls up the middle well placed SS and he makes the play for two outs. headed to t9 uva down 9-8

uva drops game one of the CWS championship series so their backs are against the wall now. the third inning when the wheels fell off cost them

Stopped posting because I didn't want to jinx it. UVA got back to within a run but the deficit was too large to overcome. Hoos lose game 1 by a 9-8 margin.

I really think they left Kirby in too long. He was throwing stuff 2-3 feet outside the strike zone to several batters in a row. Just couldn't buy a strike.

Cavs will need to take the next two games to end the ACC's drought in Omaha. They can still do it.

runner's interference well that's not the right call at all but uva's coach is fine with the explanation so play on

Stopped posting because I didn't want to jinx it. UVA got back to within a run but the deficit was too large to overcome. Hoos lose game 1 by a 9-8 margin.

I really think they left Kirby in too long. He was throwing stuff 2-3 feet outside the strike zone to several batters in a row. Just couldn't buy a strike.

Cavs will need to take the next two games to end the ACC's drought in Omaha. They can still do it.
Screw uva and screw the ACC. Go Heels all the way. If it ain't the Heels, I hope nobody wins.

Originally posted by theelblue:

Screw uva and screw the ACC. Go Heels all the way. If it ain't the Heels, I hope nobody wins.
ok

vandy's middle infielder's save another run there with the second baseman keeping the ball from the outfield

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT