ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Championship within grasp

Again, our D looks just a half step off, and then watches the ball.

Colgate's Walsh takes advantage. 3-2 Heels

We aren't good enough on face offs to try to pick the ball up 1 handed or to lose it after gaining possession.

Definitely looked rusty in that quarter. I am not a fan of the 2 week layoff after the ACC tourney.

I really hope this game isn't interrupted by rain. We need to get in a groove and a long break In the action won't help.

We aren't good enough on face offs to try to pick the ball up 1 handed or to lose it after gaining possession.

Definitely looked rusty in that quarter. I am not a fan of the 2 week layoff after the ACC tourney.

Neither am I.

Another weak D stand by the Heels/ Colgate is patient and makes crips passes and eventually gets an open shot.

7-5 Heels

Great stop by Burke leads to a fast break, and Sankey makes the goal.. Another assist by Bitter.

8-5 Heels

We get it back, and longstick Zach Powers scores.

9-5 Heels

Textbook fast break results in an easy Sankey goal.

And Heels win another FO, score a quick goal. This team would be undefeated if Keenan was still our faceoff guy.

Pontrello picks up a ground ball and scores with 5 seconds left in the 2nd.

11-6 Heels at the half

Nice 1 and a half quarters.

I hope we can come out strong and put this thing away early.

Goldstock now the record holder: most goals by a Tar Heel in a season.

12-6 Heels

Again, UNC ball watching, which leads to easy pass for open Colgate shot.

13-8 Heels

Patrick Keely scores. Another assist by Bitter. That is 4 on the game so far.

14-8 Heels

Bad run there for Kilpatrick. Poor fundamentals responsible for 2 Colgate goals.

Colgate scores with 2 seconds left in Man Up

15-11 Heels

Time to get back into smart play.

We need a really positive 4th quarter to put this one away and hopefully have something to build upon.

And a bad quarter and this one gets very nerve wracking.

down to 15-12 Heels

This team has done this before: get a lead and seem to coast. It needs a killer mentality.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT