ADVERTISEMENT

New tourney ideas

uncboy10

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 14, 2008
We need another tourney thread to try and salvage this absolute dumpster fire of a board.

What haven't we done yet? Let's hear some ideas

A couple of years ago I put together a 64 team television show theme song tournament. I think the four 1 seeds were The Greatest American Hero (drama regional), Cheers (sitcom regional), Dallas (instrumental region) and Scooby-Doo (misc regional). The sitcom regional was loaded. But then I looked through all the ones I had in the tournament and I'm not sure people under 40 would have heard of over half. So I never poasted it.

I will say, I was surprised when The Wonder Years knocked Andy Griffith out in the second round. That was a shocker.

Reactions: toophly1124
The biggest question isn't what tournament to have, it's who is going to run it. I believe that honor should go to the OP.

Favorite soda/drink
Favorite sports player
Favorite liquor/beer

idk have we done any of these? I can’t remember shit nowadays.
me either. What about a tournament of shit we can't remember? I'll start us off with...oh I don't know, some shit I can't remember.

Perry Mason was one of my 64. They were placed in the “instrumental region”. But as a 15 or 16 seed, they were going out in the first round against Dallas or Magnum PI.
OK, you got me started. Was Tombstone Territory there? How bout 'The Rebel' sung by none other than Johnny Cash?

Perry Mason was one of my 64. They were placed in the “instrumental region”. But as a 15 or 16 seed, they were going out in the first round against Dallas or Magnum PI.
your tournament sounds a little 'rigged'. I guess that's why you call it 'your' tournament.

your tournament sounds a little 'rigged'. I guess that's why you call it 'your' tournament.

Oh c'mon, no way Perry Mason is beating Dallas or Magnum Pi in anyone's tournament. Miami Vice, Peter Gun, and The Young and The Restless all from the instrumental region, would all walk the dog on Perry Mason.

Oh c'mon, no way Perry Mason is beating Dallas or Magnum Pi in anyone's tournament. Miami Vice, Peter Gun, and The Young and The Restless all from the instrumental region, would all walk the dog on Perry Mason.
not on my stage. PM overall #1 seed, although Peter Gun might nip at the heels... a little. Magnum P.I.? Sure you aren't thinking about Hawaii 5-0

not on my stage. PM overall #1 seed, although Peter Gun might nip at the heels... a little. Magnum P.I.? Sure you aren't thinking about Hawaii 5-0
Hawaii Five-0 was definitely in the instrumental region. Some others you might have forgotten about - Hill St. Blues, Knight Rider, MASH and 90210 are on there too. I found my old notes on this on my computer after mentioning it a few hours ago. I legit have 4 regions of 16 songs ready to go. But I can't run a tournament. I won't.

The biggest question isn't what tournament to have, it's who is going to run it. I believe that honor should go to the OP.

9714d645abd982f8e861d6073ca622c1.gif

Greatest pitcher or greatest QB of all time would be fun. But then somebody would vote against Nolan Ryan and we'd have to lynch them.

A while back I was going to suggest favorite cuts of potatoes (waffle fries, baked, mashed, crinkle cut, but I don't think there are enough choices for a tournament. Might be more of a rank 'em thing.

Hawaii Five-0 was definitely in the instrumental region. Some others you might have forgotten about - Hill St. Blues, Knight Rider, MASH and 90210 are on there too. I found my old notes on this on my computer after mentioning it a few hours ago. I legit have 4 regions of 16 songs ready to go. But I can't run a tournament. I won't.
I had forgotten them. Don't know that I ever heard 90210. Still that doesn't change my mind about Perry Mason, I love the tune and I wish it had been drawn out into a jam sort of thing.

But then there's the theme from Mash, originating with the movie. Fascinating stuff, it was actually written on demand by some kid.

My goodness. Kate is possibly the hottest woman that has ever walked the Earth. This video is my favorite thing ever.
she has that weird abdomen thing but that just makes it more interesting to me. I think she would be a fun date.

A while back I was going to suggest favorite cuts of potatoes (waffle fries, baked, mashed, crinkle cut, but I don't think there are enough choices for a tournament. Might be more of a rank 'em thing.
what if you made the type of potato part of the mix. I wouldn't mind a favorite potato sort of thing, and the possibilities are almost endless. I get those microwaveable scalloped potatoes from the supermarket and even though they aren't the best I ever had, they're good enough for a lazy guy like me. One of these days though, I might make my own.

not my favorite by any means but def. WOOD. And I will defy anyone to seriously say wood knot.

Listen - no one is saying wood knot. It's a 1000% absolutely I'll walk 100 miles for it.

When comparing her to other models, key comparison table there, I find her face to be very mediocre. Her tits are obviously stuff of legend.

Listen - no one is saying wood knot. It's a 1000% absolutely I'll walk 100 miles for it.

When comparing her to other models, key comparison table there, I find her face to be very mediocre. Her tits are obviously stuff of legend.

Show me a model with a prettier face.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT