ADVERTISEMENT

New Year's Resolutions

Hey, bumping this thread because I'm actually really proud that I've kept this going so far. I'm over mile 500 (mostly biking, but have added some swimming and rowing lately) and am down nearly 35 pounds from when I started. I still have a ways to go to be where I want, but I'm really happy with the progress I've made. Just wanted to share with you guys.
That's awesome; congrats man.

I used to run a lot when I was in college, and needless to say, I don't anymore. I walk when I get home from work, but that's only to keep me from being a total sedentary slob. I really need to get into all of that again, but it was a lot easier to just go run in between classes in college than it is after a long day of work. I can do it, but it's just getting over the "I don't feel like it."

They've started selling those things. You could buy one that fits so no one has to see your ass.
Yeah, I just didn't think about it until it was too late, it was the first time I had worn that one in quite a while. I'm gonna need to buy a number of new items of my wardrobe to accommodate my new size though, but I'm happy that all my new UNC Championship shirts are XL instead of XXL

Reactions: tarheel0910

I used to run a lot when I was in college, and needless to say, I don't anymore. I walk when I get home from work, but that's only to keep me from being a total sedentary slob. I really need to get into all of that again, but it was a lot easier to just go run in between classes in college than it is after a long day of work. I can do it, but it's just getting over the "I don't feel like it."
Yeah, the big thing for me is it basically works out about right that I get off work, have time to work out for about 30 minutes, take a shower, and then go to rehearsal. The thing is I'd normally be doing nothing in that window, so that's been a big part of it.

f3nation.com. There are free workouts all over Charlotte. But I have to warn you, it's possible you might have to leave your living room.

I am the farthest thing from a morning person, but the only way I have found to stick to a routine is to do it in the morning before work. End of the day ain't happenin.

Last edited:
Reactions: tarheel0910
I am the farthest thing from a morning person, but the only way I have found to stick to a routine is to do it in the morning before work. End of the day ain't happenin.
That's what I'm going to have to do. I'm so brain dead by the time I get home that I barely want to cook dinner, much less work out.

That's normally all I do do when I get home.

I'm going running right now though. Ugh.

ETA: jdnruknguifgn I hate seeing this avatar when I poast. It freaks me out.

Your avatar gets me every time.

I joined a gym a couple of months ago and have been going twice a week consistently (do chest, tris, and shoulders one day and back and bis the next). I also still do abs a couple of days a week at work on lunch. Since we aren't going to to Tybee until July I'm in pretty good shape to be where I need to be at that point. I'm really just trying to stave off early death at this point though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT