ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2017-18

I actually think the celebration seems a bit tame compared to what I was expecting.

I don’t care what anyone says, unless you lived in New England, the entire NFL was behind the Eagles last night. And for once, the dark side went down.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
I'm glad for Nick Foles. He seems like a good guy even if he does seem kind of like a boring schlub. But he just played himself into a monster contract somewhere. Would you rather have Cousins or Foles?

Pederson seems worthy as well. You gotta give it up for the stones he showed a couple times last night. You have to coach like that to have a chance at beating the Pats.

The only thing that's kind of disappointing is that Brady had the most prolific game he's ever had and it comes in defeat. Just think if the narrative was that a 40 year old man just threw for over 500 yards in winning the Super Bowl. Obviously, the Pats offense wasn't the problem (although they missed two opportunities early and had to settle for FG attempts - one of which was botched. But Foles stared down the Pats defense and made throw after throw.

so, there were only six men on the los during that 4th down td play.

eta: that is to say that if it indeed is a line, which is sometimes subjective.

Who-Nick-Foles-really-is-1024x762.jpg

So Johnny Manziel is bipolar, and his drinking has been self-medicating all these years. I am in no way making light of mental disorders, but I don’t know that I totally believe the guy.

@TarHeelNation11

Finally, nfl rules committee is looking at redefining the catch rule but ALSO at changing defensive PI to a 15 yard penalty! Both of these are long overdue.
I saw that!!!! And I'm so excited about it potentially coming to pass.

SMDH at lots of people commenting on Twitter about the proposed rule change to 15 yards: "say goodbye to long, downfield passes forever."

1. Teams don't chuck it down field consistently as it is.
2. I hate this notion some people have that viewers want to only see offense, offense, offense. I think the NFL would be surprised at how many people want to see quality defense. Sure, we don't wanna see 10-7 games, but people like defense too.

I saw that!!!! And I'm so excited about it potentially coming to pass.

SMDH at lots of people commenting on Twitter about the proposed rule change to 15 yards: "say goodbye to long, downfield passes forever."

1. Teams don't chuck it down field consistently as it is.
2. I hate this notion some people have that viewers want to only see offense, offense, offense. I think the NFL would be surprised at how many people want to see quality defense. Sure, we don't wanna see 10-7 games, but people like defense too.
The rule isn't expected to pass.

The only thing that concerns me about the 15 yard PI penalty is if a DB knows he's beat and the QB throws a bomb, all he has to do is intentionally interfere, and it's only a 15 yard gain instead of a huge chunk play or a TD.
I know. That's the beauty of it.

Or did you enjoy the Ravens Super Bowl run where they just chucked deep balls to Anquan Bolden and let him get PI calls 50 yards down field?

If you're not that year's Ravens team and you're relying on long ass P.I. penalties as your offense, then you kinda suck.

I know. That's the beauty of it.

Or did you enjoy the Ravens Super Bowl run where they just chucked deep balls to Anquan Bolden and let him get PI calls 50 yards down field?

If you're not that year's Ravens team and you're relying on long ass P.I. penalties as your offense, then you kinda suck.
Maybe one of two things needs to happen then.

1.) The DB should play defense, stop interfering, and make a play on the ball.

2.) The referees need to get a better understanding of what defensive pass interference is and stop calling it if the DB breathes on the WR.

Reactions: tarheel0910
michel looking good

hines is going to add some value to a roster...he’s a pretty good player, pains me to admit.

Either could sneak into the first round. Especially Michel.

not sure about michel, he’s most likely a 2nd...hines is a day 3 pick unless teams get crazy...there are dudes after barkley, guice, and chubb that have a lot more to offer than being a change of pace player.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT