ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2017-18

TarHeelMark

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 21, 2006
Southern Part of Heaven
Thankfully the preseason is over and real games start in a few days.

Who's your team and what are your expectations?

I've got the Panthers going 10-6, but not sure if that is good enough to win the NFC South; Falcons should still be good, but they lost their OC and I doubt they will be as good as last year. Plus the Bucs are on the rise and could easily win the division. The Saints D is usually weak but they still have Brees.

I feel it depends on how they dealt with whatever was going g on behind the scenes. Panthers could make noise this year, but after last year's performance, who knows.

I am glad I'm not a redskins fan.
Does that make me a racist against indians? Or just the fans? Or are the fans racist for the name? So confused!:cool:o_O

I feel it depends on how they dealt with whatever was going g on behind the scenes. Panthers could make noise this year, but after last year's performance, who knows.

Two years ago the Panthers were 6-1 in one score games; last year they averaged scoring 7 less ppg and went 2-6 in one score games. My hope is that Newton and their OL stays healthy this year, plus with some new weapons on offense they can put more points on the board. The D should remain solid, so if they can just win a few more of the close games, I think 10, 11 wins is reasonable. Will that be enough to win the division? Hope so.

It's not easy being a Redskins fan.

Man, I'm so sorry. Dan Snyder is a royal prick.

For the panthers, like any season, winning 10-11 games requires relative health, consistency and the ability to win the close games down the stretch. There were plenty of games we should have won last year but didn't and the reasons for it are numerous.

Lots of question marks- secondary, depth, cam's shoulder. But I do believe we have the talent to go toe to toe with anyone in the league, including the patriots. I remain cautiously optimistic, but you never know with the panthers.

Man, I'm so sorry. Dan Snyder is a royal prick.
Yep.

But, you know, I think about what it was like for my dad as a kid and through adulthood. George P. Marshall's ownership tenure was about as bad, as far as winning teams.

The Redskins were good during Joe Gibbs' coaching tenure and George Allen (I was a wee lad then). Jack Kent Cooke was a good owner.

Yep.

But, you know, I think about what it was like for my dad as a kid and through adulthood. George P. Marshall's ownership tenure was about as bad, as far as winning teams.

The Redskins were good during Joe Gibbs' coaching tenure and George Allen (I was a wee lad then). Jack Kent Cooke was a good owner.

Skins have a good history. They just haven't been a powerhouse since the early 90s. Snyder just goes after the high priced free agents way too much.

I'm just glad we don't have to keep hearing about players taking a knee during the anthem.

The Panthers season all depends on Cam's health and if he can rebound from last season. If he's closer to 2015, they'll be competing for the division. If not, it's another season of mediocrity.

The Panthers season all depends on Cam's health and if he can rebound from last season. If he's closer to 2015, they'll be competing for the division. If not, it's another season of mediocrity.
True. I hope he can successfully adapt to the changes that the Panthers want to make, specifically using McAffery and Samuels out of the backfield more and not holding the ball too long, and getting killed in the process.

league colluding with arbitrator to delay decision on the Zeke case so the court restraining order could be nullified.

the decision was supposed to be today by 4pm.

what a fukking joke goodell is

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Thankfully the preseason is over and real games start in a few days.

Who's your team and what are your expectations?

I've got the Panthers going 10-6, but not sure if that is good enough to win the NFC South; Falcons should still be good, but they lost their OC and I doubt they will be as good as last year. Plus the Bucs are on the rise and could easily win the division. The Saints D is usually weak but they still have Brees.
Panthers fan here. I've got this sneaky feeling they are really good to great. Maybe not the 2015 campaign, but certainly better than last year. Really interested to see how Peppers fits with the defense and how RunCMC is utilized.

Buccanneers

9-7 and only if some breaks go our way. Our GM should be fired for the Aguayo pick and then should be reinstated and then fired again. What a colossally dumb pick. I do not use hyperbole at all when I say I could've done his job better that day, and for a fraction of the pay.

Anyway, we have no running backs worth a damn and no elite edge rushers to pair with Gerald McCoy, so 9 wins is our max. I'm not buying this "Bucs are back" hype.

Welp fellas, the season is about to start.

I'm both excited and depressed. Anxious to see how the Panthers will do, and ultimately I'm going to end up vomiting at the end of season when the Patriots win again from a combination of sheer disgust and alcohol.

Seriously, does anyone have a legitimate chance against these guys? Year after year nothing ever changes. It's always the goddamn motherless Patriots. Ever since I was a kid it's been these guys. I can't take this shit anymore. Enough with Brady, enough with Belichick, enough with the Patriots.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
I'm a Dolphins fan. They will be average, which is exactly what you don't want to be in the NFL.

I I hate the Pats worse than I hate Duke. Maybe not but it is close.

What the hell does it take to rough a punter? I guess it is good to be king.

Hitting the plant leg first.

I LOL at all the Patriots hate. Our society is weird -- we hate winners.

Yeah, I know. I just think it is a ridiculous rule. You can basically destroy a punter but as long as you don't break his leg you are cool.

Well, I'm a Dolphins fan so my hate for them is similar to my hate for Duke. I hate the Jets and Bills just as much.

@Hark_The_Sound_2010 last night

img-7ad429b37c.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT