ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2019-20

TarHeelMark

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 21, 2006
Southern Part of Heaven
@gteeitup

I'm starting a new thread, as your previous post reminded me that this week is the official start of the new season. Time to start talking about the draft, free agents, etc. and everybody has renewed HOPE for the coming season (hell, even Browns fans can be optimistic this year!!).

Reactions: gteeitup
The odds for all teams to win it all this year. New England favored to be the first team to repeat as SB champs since they did it in the 2003 and 2004 seasons

New England Patriots +600
Kansas City Chiefs +600
New Orleans Saints +800
Los Angeles Rams +800
Los Angeles Chargers +1600
Chicago Bears +1600
Green Bay Packers +1600
Indianapolis Colts +1600
Dallas Cowboys +1800
Minnesota Vikings +2000
Philadelphia Eagles +2000
Houston Texans +2000
Pittsburgh Steelers +2500
Cleveland Browns +2500
Baltimore Ravens +2500
Seattle Seahawks +3000
Atlanta Falcons +3000
San Francisco 49ers +3000
New York Giants +4000
Jacksonville Jaguars +4000
Carolina Panthers +5000
Denver Broncos +6000
Tennessee Titans +8000
Tampa Bay Buccaneers +8000
New York Jets +8000
Oakland Raiders +8000
Washington Redskins +10000
Detroit Lions +10000
Buffalo Bills +10000
Cincinnati Bengals +10000
Miami Dolphins +10000
Arizona Cardinals +20000

Texans, 49ers, Panthers, Eagles, Falcons all have value there I think.

If you HAD to pick one of the bottom ten teams, who would you take?

Tennessee Titans +8000
New York Jets +8000
Oakland Raiders +8000
Detroit Lions +10000
Buffalo Bills +10000
Miami Dolphins +10000
Arizona Cardinals +20000

If you HAD to pick one of the bottom ten teams, who would you take?

Tennessee Titans +8000
New York Jets +8000
Oakland Raiders +8000
Detroit Lions +10000
Buffalo Bills +10000
Miami Dolphins +10000
Arizona Cardinals +20000

Ugh.

Lions? Decent enough QB and just signed a bunch of guys that could work for them...but ugh.

hey @Heelicious and other dallas fans, would you trade lawrence for a 1st and maybe a 4th this year?

there is talk that it could happen...i wanted to re-sign at $100mill for 4 years with maybe 75mill guaranteed, but two back surgeries, four total surgeries(one upcoming on a shoulder), i’m kinda walking that back...if they could trade him, get a first round pick, awesome...if not, sign him to a one year deal for $20mill guaranteed, and let him walk and get draft compensation.

Reactions: Heelicious
hey @Heelicious and other dallas fans, would you trade lawrence for a 1st and maybe a 4th this year?

there is talk that it could happen...i wanted to re-sign at $100mill for 4 years with maybe 75mill guaranteed, but two back surgeries, four total surgeries(one upcoming on a shoulder), i’m kinda walking that back...if they could trade him, get a first round pick, awesome...if not, sign him to a one year deal for $20mill guaranteed, and let him walk and get draft compensation.
Agreed. It’s hard to get a known “war daddy” in the draft but I’m even more skeptical in tying up big long term money in s guy who has had the surgeries and injuries you mentioned.

Last edited:
Agreed. It’s hard to get a known “ear daddy” in the draft but I’m even more skeptical in tying up big long term money in s guy who has had the surgeries and injuries you mentioned.

follow me...trade him to indy for pick 26 or 34 & 59...take those two and trade into top 10 and go get ed oliver...you get your inside pressure with oliver and then you save money to go get earl thomas.

or trade a 2020 1st and this years 2nd to get into top 10 this year to get oliver...let tank lawrence walk, get draft comp...booya

Reactions: Heelicious
follow me...trade him to indy for pick 26 or 34 & 59...take those two and trade into top 10 and go get ed oliver...you get your inside pressure with oliver and then you save money to go get earl thomas.
Sounds great to me! What would you put the % chance at - for Dallas getting Earl Thomas? It seems they've been talking about it for well over a year, and I think he wants to be here.

I don't recall if ET is strong safety or free safety, but with Byron Jones now full time at corner, and what they have at linebacker now (Smith, Vander Esch, restructured Lee) - they'd have a very solid (top 5) defense.

Sounds great to me! What would you put the % chance at - for Dallas getting Earl Thomas? It seems they've been talking about it for well over a year, and I think he wants to be here.

I don't recall if ET is strong safety or free safety, but with Byron Jones now full time at corner, and what they have at linebacker now (Smith, Vander Esch, restructured Lee) - they'd have a very solid (top 5) defense.

another safety just signed, amos...averaging $10 a year...i think the more safeties signed before earl at that price, the better the chances...it’s either san fran or dallas i believe...he’s a roamer so a free, but they interchange that position in this scheme and i like woods back there with him...plus, like you said, byron at corner, that’s a party in the secondary...plus, byron is due next year, so if they want to keep this thing trending up, they need to extend these dudes while young and injury free.

you guys see what the redskins are paying collins?

My buddy is a die hard Bucs fan and he hates himself for it.

Jason Licht should have been jettisoned when they fired the coaching staff. He just doesn't make good moves and he's suspect in the draft. The fact that they're keeping Gerald McCoy at $13m/year and signed Smith for $17m/year is criminal. That's $30m/year that you have tied up in two average players. I think GMC would rather dress up like Batman than battle it out in the trenches.

Last edited:
another safety just signed, amos...averaging $10 a year...i think the more safeties signed before earl at that price, the better the chances...it’s either san fran or dallas i believe...he’s a roamer so a free, but they interchange that position in this scheme and i like woods back there with him...plus, like you said, byron at corner, that’s a party in the secondary...plus, byron is due next year, so if they want to keep this thing trending up, they need to extend these dudes while young and injury free.

you guys see what the redskins are paying collins?

Safety money is out of control, especially since the position is so deep this year. The Bucs definitely need to get one of these guys signed, but they're too busy signing pedestrian players to huge contracts.

odell traded to cleveland

lol, bye bye giants

hello cleveland!!!

Damn, Cleveland could make some noise next year. I was on their bandwagon at the start of this past year, just because they seemed to be drafting a lot better. They also signed Sheldon Richardson, which should give them one of the nastiest defensive lines in the NFL.

i think clowney is better because of athletic ability, but he has to stay on the field.

agree with @NoleSoup4U browns could run this division if you look at what’s happening around them.

dee ford bout to get traded to san fran...this is kind of exciting for the league...now if we can just get roger out.

i think clowney is better because of athletic ability, but he has to stay on the field.

agree with @NoleSoup4U browns could run this division if you look at what’s happening around them.

dee ford bout to get traded to san fran...this is kind of exciting for the league...now if we can just get roger out.

That's the first I've heard about Dee Brown. Why would they trade him after they already cut Justin Houston? You would think they would be trying to win next year.

That's the first I've heard about Dee Brown. Why would they trade him after they already cut Justin Houston? You would think they would be trying to win next year.

he’s almost due for a contract...edge guy draft this year...the d-line is deep this year as is corner.

there is weird trend going on...the patriots are flipping dudes before contracts are due and before their best days are up...they are stockpiling picks to move throughout the draft to select guys that fill needs.

FML. Seriously FML.

Dave Gettleman can rot in hell.

and jabrill peppers sucks so he can’t even fill that need...guess you’ll be targeting haskins now?

eta: maybe not sucks, but he’s purely a box safety just not the ability as collins.

and jabrill peppers sucks so he can’t even fill that need...guess you’ll be targeting haskins now?

Who the hell knows, Gettleman has no plan. He signed Odell so he could pay him $21M for 12 games then trade him for a cap hit of 20M for the next two years. What the hell was the plan there?

My dream world is trade 2.06 for Rosen, draft an edge rusher at 1.06, OL at 1.17 and rebuild for a season if Rosen stinks. If he's good, great.

hey, why would bridgewater re-sign when he could compete for a starting job?

when brees retires, payton is gone...i’d be out of there if i’m teddy.

Holding a clipboard for $3-4m/year isn't a bad gig.

true...but he’s better than charlie whitehurst and as a first rounder that took a team to the playoffs, he should want a chance if he’s made of that...and again, when payton leaves, and he gets no work in, what then?

Reactions: NoleSoup4U
plus, jerry has a fight coming up in jerryworld, tickets not selling, so you know what time it is.
"Overpay for a bunch of big names past their prime"
time? "Run the team like an entertaining dysfunctional circus - regardless of Ws and Ls time"? I had hoped those days were behind Jerrah.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT