ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2019-20

Where do you guys think your Panthers go in the draft? Seems like they need WR help and some holes on D.

ugh, earl thomas getting paid in baltimore
I mean - I don't like that this is happening, but "ugh indeed". It seems like Dallas is the only team where I've heard nothing about them actually making some move in free agency. I hope they know what they are doing, and aren't asleep at the wheel.

AKA- just assuming they got a couple bad breaks last year, and that guys are just magically going to develop (especially on the d-line) to make them a legit contender. Delusional.

How much did ET get at Baltimore? I'm not for them overpaying him. But at some point they need to have a plan for all their cap money. Does no good for zillionaire Jerry Jones to be like $20M under the cap going into the season.

earl is getting:

$55/4 yrs
$32 guaranteed
$22 first 9 months(roster bonus i’m sure)

dallas wasn’t close, like a 1/3 off, lol.

Where do you guys think your Panthers go in the draft? Seems like they need WR help and some holes on D.
Panthers definitely need to shore up the D. Thomas Davis is gone - I thought he was gonna retire but he went to the Chargers. They still need OL help, and just about every year they need WR’s.

Panthers do have a few nice young receivers and McCaffery, but how will Cam come back from surgery; same with Olsen. Their window of opportunity with those guys aging is getting smaller.

I mean - I don't like that this is happening, but "ugh indeed". It seems like Dallas is the only team where I've heard nothing about them actually making some move in free agency. I hope they know what they are doing, and aren't asleep at the wheel.

AKA- just assuming they got a couple bad breaks last year, and that guys are just magically going to develop (especially on the d-line) to make them a legit contender. Delusional.

How much did ET get at Baltimore? I'm not for them overpaying him. But at some point they need to have a plan for all their cap money. Does no good for zillionaire Jerry Jones to be like $20M under the cap going into the season.

I think the smart play is to let all the crazy bidding wars happen and then swoop in and gather value, unless there's that one piece that you're missing and you need to go get it.

like eric berry?
@gteeitup
I saw Eric Berry was listed on an ESPN article by Siefert who I respect as a top 15 remaining free agent. He also listed about 4 defensive linemen in the top 6 . I hope the Cowboys can sign one or two of these guys - or one d lineman and Berry.

They signed Christian Covington, but could use at least one - two more proven d-linemen.

They have the cap money to spend...and should be able to outbid some people for one or two of these guys, and write incentive / bonus laden deals which would give guys with question marks re health and results, incentive to be on the field and perform.

I saw they signed Tayvon Austin at WR, but IMO he won't be able to fill the hole of Beasley leaving. Beasley was say a #3 WR, a slot guy, but was sneaky fast, and had good hands and good at YAC. Decent kick returner too. They now need more at WR, and I don't see Austin delivering it.

@gteeitup
I saw Eric Berry was listed on an ESPN article by Siefert who I respect as a top 15 remaining free agent. He also listed about 4 defensive linemen in the top 6 . I hope the Cowboys can sign one or two of these guys - or one d lineman and Berry.

They signed Christian Covington, but could use at least one - two more proven d-linemen.

They have the cap money to spend...and should be able to outbid some people for one or two of these guys, and write incentive / bonus laden deals which would give guys with question marks re health and results, incentive to be on the field and perform.

I saw they signed Tayvon Austin at WR, but IMO he won't be able to fill the hole of Beasley leaving. Beasley was say a #3 WR, a slot guy, but was sneaky fast, and had good hands and good at YAC. Decent kick returner too. They now need more at WR, and I don't see Austin delivering it.

i think they believe they can draft a beasley...the clemson receiver, renfrow, is another beasley.

agree with more linemen up front...they might add another, hopefully...i don’t get the tank thing, especially after they preached about “signing our own” the last two years.

as far as berry, i’d pay him $2mill guaranteed, then like $500,000 each game if he’s active...that’s $10mill in guarantees for one year.

this tyreek hill thing is interesting...he was about to get 6/100+ mill...hunt got eight games with a video...what will hill get with his history of domestic violence and no video, and his name not on the incident report?

also interesting that the league gave zeke six games with zero evidence and a lying witness.

Reactions: Heelicious
Fitz-magic going to the Fins... his 8th team! I hear that's a record number of teams for a QB, or maybe overall. Regardless, the dude is the answer to the question "What is a journeyman?"

@Heelicious you like robert quinn at end?...he’s visiting as did eric berry.

cowboys also just signed randall cobb to a 1yr deal...not terrible
I saw they were looking at Cobb. He seems like a very good signing. I know it was a couple years ago, but he was a legit threat in Green Bay. I think he likely still has some good football in him....and will be ready to play more than someone they'd get as a late round draft pick this year.

I hope they can get Berry, too. I don;t know Robert Quinn, but if they can get these guys cheap, or with incentive laden deals like you said, doesn't seem to be much downside.

Plus - Cobb is more of a pure athlete, where Beasley was sort of a deceptively fast, scrappy, gym rat. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: gteeitup
I saw they were looking at Cobb. He seems like a very good signing. I know it was a couple years ago, but he was a legit threat in Green Bay. I think he likely still has some good football in him....and will be ready to play more than someone they'd get as a late round draft pick this year.

I hope they can get Berry, too. I don;t know Robert Quinn, but if they can get these guys cheap, or with incentive laden deals like you said, doesn't seem to be much downside.

Plus - Cobb is more of a pure athlete, where Beasley was sort of a deceptively fast, scrappy, gym rat. :)

quinn is a heel...he was dismissed during the butch thing.

Injuries have been Cobb's issue. He could bounce back, and even if he doesn't it's only a one-year deal.

this new pi rule is nuts...it’s subjective almost all of the time, so good luck with that.

wonder if the owners thought about the idea of said calls happening in the first twelve minutes compared to the last three minutes?

this new pi rule is nuts...it’s subjective almost all of the time, so good luck with that.

wonder if the owners thought about the idea of said calls happening in the first twelve minutes compared to the last three minutes?

So the new rule will allow reviews of PI in the last 3 minutes if the game? Does the coach still have to ask for a review, or is it up to refs?

So the new rule will allow reviews of PI in the last 3 minutes if the game? Does the coach still have to ask for a review, or is it up to refs?
And why just PI? Sports people pointed out that a missed, wrong roughing the passer call had basically as much impact (continuing a game winning drive for NE, that should've been stopped) - that a bad PI call has. You could say the same for almost every major penalty.

This opens it up for too much review, too much slowing down of the game. Hopefully they significantly restrict when it can be used, and require that coaches use a challenge for it.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
And why just PI? Sports people pointed out that a missed, wrong roughing the passer call had basically as much impact (continuing a game winning drive for NE, that should've been stopped) - that a bad PI call has. You could say the same for almost every major penalty.

This opens it up for too much review, too much slowing down of the game. Hopefully they significantly restrict when it can be used, and require that coaches use a challenge for it.
Yeah, I believe that bogus roughing call against KC was on 1st or 2nd down, but still it gave them 15 yards and a new set of downs.

Hey NFL, instead of that PI rule... how about both teams have a possession in OT? If KC had won the coin toss, they would've likely been in the SB. Neither team could stop the other in the 4th qtr of that game, and it sucks that the luck of a coin flip basically decided it.

they can ask whenever...my point was that because it’s the way it is, like holding on linemen, sometimes it’s not called.

i’d call for a review after every hail mary and my end of half/game management will be totally different.

eta: whenever cept last two minutes i meant...officials/league still own that

Last edited:
Yeah, I believe that bogus roughing call against KC was on 1st or 2nd down, but still it gave them 15 yards and a new set of downs.

Hey NFL, instead of that PI rule... how about both teams have a possession in OT? If KC had won the coin toss, they would've likely been in the SB. Neither team could stop the other in the 4th qtr of that game, and it sucks that the luck of a coin flip basically decided it.
absolutely. Great point. This MUST change.

former tar heel robert quinn is now a cowboy.

@Heelicious i bet that’s the end of the tank lawrence contract negotiations.
I think that may work out best in the end. I thought I saw that D-Law was asking for like $22M a year on a long term deal? Wow that is a lot to tie up in any one position that isn't the QB, or a super-elite RB or WR. I guess I agree with the Cowboys balking at that sort of long term deal for D-Law.

I think that may work out best in the end. I thought I saw that D-Law was asking for like $22M a year on a long term deal? Wow that is a lot to tie up in any one position that isn't the QB, or a super-elite RB or WR. I guess I agree with the Cowboys balking at that sort of long term deal for D-Law.

lemme know what you think of the lawrence contract.

Pass rusher is probably second only to QB at this point in time. They had to pay the guy. Hopefully he doesn't go all Albert Haynesworth on them.

amazing contract for both...guaranteed $31 mill 1st year, $65 by year 3...then team has escape clauses to get out...so he feels appreciated(as he should, played hurt, he’s a war daddy) by big money up front, yet team can get out by year four.

robert quinn on one side and tank lawrence on the other...let’s party!!

amazing contract for both...guaranteed $31 mill 1st year, $65 by year 3...then team has escape clauses to get out...so he feels appreciated(as he should, played hurt, he’s a war daddy) by big money up front, yet team can get out by year four.

robert quinn on one side and tank lawrence on the other...let’s party!!

Yeah, if they have an opt out after year three, that sounds like a pretty good contract. Hell, the guy will only be 31 when his contract expires, so it isn't like he's old or anything. He's right in the middle of his prime.

lemme know what you think of the lawrence contract.
Seems like a decent deal based on what you and Nole said above. It sounds like he was going to sit out this year if they didn’t sign him. Which would’ve been worse than just losing him. - would’ve put a cloud over whole team like the Lavern Bell fiasco in Pittsburgh

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT