ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2019-20

unreal...scared about dak’s future deal at this point.
Exactly. He will ask for top-tier QB money for an obviously middle tier (lower tier in crunch time) performance QB.

Dak's agent will come in and do this whole marketing / sell job on the Cowboys W-L record as a starter, and winning (one?) playoff game, and his plays with his feet / running, leadership in huddle and locker room, etc.

If I were JJ - I'd say "we appreciate you - but let's be real on whether you're a top 5 or even top 10 QB in the league." Show the many clips of where he missed wide open WRs regularly, and or threw picks, held the ball too long and got strip sacked....and many of these plays were in most critical parts of games. Like in the game they lost at home to Green Bay, and the loss to LA Rams last year. He was personally not ready to play to match the defense he went up against.

To say that Dak is in same league from a passing QB standpoint as Brady, Rogers, Brees, Rivers, is a joke! He is in that next tier, as overall QB though, with guys like Cam Newton. I don't think R Wilson is in that top tier either

I agree that very good QBs are few and far between - but is some other team going to pay Dak top $ ? I'd hold out and see what happens this year. The Cowboys are built to have a ball control offense featuring Zeke. Not a lot of jet burner deep threats in the passing game. More of a ball control passing game. And Dak can do OK in that sort of offense, but you could find other guys it seems, fairly easily, to do that same thing without premium top-tier money contract.

Last edited:
Exactly. He will ask for top-tier QB money for an obviously middle tier (lower tier in crunch time) performance QB.

Dak's agent will come in and do this whole marketing / sell job on the Cowboys W-L record as a starter, and winning (one?) playoff game, and his plays with his feet / running, leadership in huddle and locker room, etc.

If I were JJ - I'd say "we appreciate you - but let's be real on whether you're a top 5 or even top 10 QB in the league." Show the many clips of where he missed wide open WRs regularly, and or threw picks, held the ball too long and got strip sacked....and many of these plays were in most critical parts of games. Like in the game they lost at home to Green Bay, and the loss to LA Rams last year. He was personally not ready to play to match the defense he went up against.

To say that Dak is in same league from a passing QB standpoint as Brady, Rogers, Brees, Rivers, is a joke! He is in that next tier, as overall QB though, with guys like Cam Newton. I don't think R Wilson is in that top tier either

I agree that very good QBs are few and far between - but is some other team going to pay Dak top $ ? I'd hold out and see what happens this year. The Cowboys are built to have a ball control offense featuring Zeke. Not a lot of jet burner deep threats in the passing game. More of a ball control passing game. And Dak can do OK in that sort of offense, but you could find other guys it seems, fairly easily, to do that same thing without premium top-tier money contract.

Honestly, I would draft his replacement now and trade him after his fourth year (as long as he didn't show a lot more growth). I would have traded Wilson if I were the Seahawks.

holy moly
8c038aaa40169ea1-822x617.png

Reactions: gteeitup
Seahawks trade Frank Clark to the Chiefs.

This is what I was talking about via the Russell Wilson deal. The guy is going to be making a lot of money, but I hope he likes playing out that contract on a dumpster fire of a team.

I can't remember exactly when I saw him last, but he looked awful and frail. It was at Lambeau, I think it was a tribute to Favre. He was in a golf cart.
Yes - same for me. I believe it was at an event to retire Favre's jersey # and / or to put him in the Packers ring of honor, or whatever they call it.

Starr was out-of-this-world great for the Packers as a player and on / off-field leader. I think he had like 7 straight titles or more, including the first two "Super Bowls". For some reason it didn't work out for him as a coach - he was average or below average. But I believe everyone who 40+ years old and is a Packer fan or lives in/near Wisconsin holds Starr up as the greatest QB and maybe greatest Packer of all time. Nothing that Favre or Rodgers accomplished or will accomplish will compare favorably with what Starr did IMO.

More importantly, it seems every person Starr met said he was about the kindest, nicest guy they had ever met. Favre said this - but also Troy Aikman - who Packer players and fans have no reason to like or tolerate at all - told a story of how he ( Troy) had an operation after retirement in some small town no name hospital (in Alabama maybe?) and Starr came and visited him to ensure he was doing OK. Probably when Starr was in poorer health than Troy himself. Aikman said he had no idea whatsoever how Starr even found out Troy had the surgery or where he was.

Pretty cool story that just typifies Starr's class without bringing any attention to himself. RIP

Yes - same for me. I believe it was at an event to retire Favre's jersey # and / or to put him in the Packers ring of honor, or whatever they call it.

Starr was out-of-this-world great for the Packers as a player and on / off-field leader. I think he had like 7 straight titles or more, including the first two "Super Bowls". For some reason it didn't work out for him as a coach - he was average or below average. But I believe everyone who 40+ years old and is a Packer fan or lives in/near Wisconsin holds Starr up as the greatest QB and maybe greatest Packer of all time. Nothing that Favre or Rodgers accomplished or will accomplish will compare favorably with what Starr did IMO.

More importantly, it seems every person Starr met said he was about the kindest, nicest guy they had ever met. Favre said this - but also Troy Aikman - who Packer players and fans have no reason to like or tolerate at all - told a story of how he ( Troy) had an operation after retirement in some small town no name hospital (in Alabama maybe?) and Starr came and visited him to ensure he was doing OK. Probably when Starr was in poorer health than Troy himself. Aikman said he had no idea whatsoever how Starr even found out Troy had the surgery or where he was.

Pretty cool story that just typifies Starr's class without bringing any attention to himself. RIP
The dude played for Bear Bryant and Vince Lombardi... think about that.

NFL players that haven't failed a drug test get screened for marijuana once per year, somewhere between April 20th (no kidding) and August 9th.

if i’m the nflpa, for the next cba, i’m including a different weed policy...if these owners want extra games and more playoff teams for additional revenue, relax on the weed...get em off pain killers and alcohol.

if i’m the nflpa, for the next cba, i’m including a different weed policy...if these owners want extra games and more playoff teams for additional revenue, relax on the weed...get em off pain killers and alcohol.
The way the league tries to bust them on marijuana (like Zeke, etc) - but totally turns away from looking at - or even implicitly assists in them getting hooked on some seriously bad news dangerous pain killers (vicon, oxycotin, lower levels of fentynal).....is criminal by the league. Horrible hypocrites.

The way the league tries to bust them on marijuana (like Zeke, etc) - but totally turns away from looking at - or even implicitly assists in them getting hooked on some seriously bad news dangerous pain killers (vicon, oxycotin, lower levels of fentynal).....is criminal by the league. Horrible hypocrites.
The use of weed sounds like it will be in the 2020 NFLPA discussions.

@gteeitup

I just looked it up. Wow! 4 years, $32M per year, $27M guaranteed, $66M up front.

Did you know CW was born in Raleigh NC and moved to small town (Bismark, ND) at age 3? $66M could just about buy the whole western half of North Dakota. I have some friends here in Twin Cities who went to school with CW.

He is a good guy, though, and I seriously doubt he is a fraud. I doubt you see him burn through the case on hookers, blow, cars, big mansions. He is a very down to earth guy who really goes out of his way to do good for others in society. Has a big A01 foundation to help cancer kids, etc I think. So that is good for him if he uses the cash for the good of others in society.

Regarding Dak - yes, I'm afraid Dak will ask for and get that sort of money. I think CW is a borderline top 10 QB, I'd be more comfortable calling him top 12-15. I think Foles actually played better than CW when they played in same year recently. I do think Dak and CW are about equal in terms of QB ranking. I'd guess CW may be a better passer and decision maker.

Comparing CW and Dak to Kirk Cousins here in Minnesota: I think Cousins got like $83M for 3 years - maybe all guaranteed. So - similar money. and CW is quite a bit better than Cousins IMO and Dak is better than Cousins too, I think

if dallas could get dak at $30 per and 120 over 4-5 right now, i’m in.

of course, i’m a romo guy and he’s a stat monster, but not a belt winner...i would’ve paid him whatever if he had the weapons dak has now...he had that one year and his back was broken.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heelicious
if dallas could get dak at $30 per and 120 over 4-5 right now, i’m in.

of course, i’m a romo guy and he’s a stat monster, but not a belt winner...i would’ve paid him whatever if he had the weapons dak has now...he had that one year and his back was broken.
I just meant to type that I don’t think it’d be worst case if they brought Romo back. Maybe Witten could talk Romo into coming back. He’s not that old - younger than witten. I know they are committed to Dak but I wonder what they’d have to pay Romo. He seems like a guy who only needs a super bowl to be an all time great. I think he could do all Dak could in a single season and more.

I wonder if Romo is pretty healthy. He seems to play golf quite well so I assume that means his back is healed

I get that it wouldn’t happen but it’s nice to think about it. They could have Romo sign for 1-2 years and trade Dak for a really high 1st rounder than get a good QB draft choice.

Dak Prescott should get half the contract that a Carson Wentz gets. In a perfect world, that’s how it would go. And I say that as a huge fan of Dak Prescott the person. But he’s no where near the QB that Wentz is.

well, nobody knows who wentz is as a qb, so @Terror Beard to make that assumption is kinda lame...hell, foles has done better if that’s your argument.

i know dak has won playoff games and has better numbers than wentz through three years...yes, wentz is an injury waiting to happen, so the games played is not equal...but if we’re talking what a franchise is willing to risk on a drafted qb, dak is the better risk, imo.

it doesn’t change my mind in paying dak more/equal, but it does make me wonder why people think matt ryan and cousins are elite.

I've been waiting 40+ years for my team to win a super bowl. :(
You're a Vikings fan, right? They are surely cursed. They have had a couple really good chances in the last 20 years, including the 15-1 season.

Now - they have a plenty good defense to win it all, and I think overall they are about as good as when Philly won the Superbowl. I just have a hard time seeing Cousins leading them to a title. For sure they need their O line to upgrade. They are good enough at all places except O Line and QB - but those are huge factors deciding between winning and losing.

You're a Vikings fan, right? They are surely cursed. They have had a couple really good chances in the last 20 years, including the 15-1 season.

Now - they have a plenty good defense to win it all, and I think overall they are about as good as when Philly won the Superbowl. I just have a hard time seeing Cousins leading them to a title. For sure they need their O line to upgrade. They are good enough at all places except O Line and QB - but those are huge factors deciding between winning and losing.
I Grew up a Vikings fan (from mid 70's) but the "trade that must NOT be named*" in 1989 soured me on them to the point that my no. 1 allegiance is now with the Panthers. Combined, that puts me at 0-6 in SB's. Doh! I'd still love to see one of them win it all during my lifetime but I'm not confident in that happening anytime soon. I agree that Cousins isnt the answer; they would've been better off standing pat IMO (Keenum took them farther the year before). And the Panthers window is pretty much shut. Oh well, Heels basketball should be fun to watch next winter while my NFL teams miss the playoffs again.

*as Cowboy fans, im sure you and @gteeitup rejoice in that trade, but it still cuts me deep. :eek:

Reactions: Raising Heel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT