ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2021-22

For real, what has allegedly happened? Is Flores claiming that the Giants knew they weren't hiring him yet they brought him in for an interview? How can that possibly be proven? And even if it was proven, how can the Giants be in trouble for hiring the guy they like the best? Should they not have interviewed Flores at all?

Like I said, I simply don't understand the claims of systemic racism in the NFL. And why are those that cry about this not upset by the percentage of black players versus the percentage of white players? How is that any different?

The NFL has brought more young blacks out of poverty than any social program in the history of our country but despite that, it's racist. I just will never understand that.
and those newfound millionaires are generally more interested in one really big nice house for themselves instead of a number of houses for the poorer folk. Imagine that. I bet we can find somebody who can rationalize that away.

"And why are those that cry about this not upset by the percentage of black players versus the percentage of white players? How is that any different? "

this is the one that's going to be hard to rationalize away.

For real, what has allegedly happened? Is Flores claiming that the Giants knew they weren't hiring him yet they brought him in for an interview? How can that possibly be proven? And even if it was proven, how can the Giants be in trouble for hiring the guy they like the best? Should they not have interviewed Flores at all?

Like I said, I simply don't understand the claims of systemic racism in the NFL. And why are those that cry about this not upset by the percentage of black players versus the percentage of white players? How is that any different?

The NFL has brought more young blacks out of poverty than any social program in the history of our country but despite that, it's racist. I just will never understand that.

Well I think the Kansas City Chiefs should be playing Chad Henne instead of Patrick Mahomes. The only reason Mahomes is playing is because Andy Reid is woke and wants to play the black guy. Henne has way more talent but skin color is what matters.

-- NOW.. how dumb does that sound?

Not saying I agree with this at all, but the line of reasoning is that since there are so many black players, there should be just as many black coaches and GMs representing those black players. Again, that's not me agreeing, I'm just telling you what the reasoning is.

Not saying I agree with this at all, but the line of reasoning is that since there are so many black players, there should be just as many black coaches and GMs representing those black players. Again, that's not me agreeing, I'm just telling you what the reasoning is.

That is dumb reasoning.

How do you know he was chosen before Flores was interviewed?

Why did the Giants interview Frazier AFTER Flores?
because of a text message from bill belichick based on the report.

ftr, i believe the tanking angle will get way more traction than the league violating league policy on diversity…it’s one thing to say “play the young guys” as opposed to “how about a $100,000 for every loss”.

because of a text message from bill belichick based on the report.

ftr, i believe the tanking angle will get way more traction than the league violating league policy on diversity…it’s one thing to say “play the young guys” as opposed to “how about a $100,000 per loss”.

Because someone said that Brain Daboll was the leading candidate?

You seem to be avoiding this question.

"Why did the Giants interview Frazier(black coach) AFTER Flores?

Here is a timeline of the Giants’ coach search:

Jan. 11 (Tue) – Giants fire Joe Judge as head coach
Jan. 21 (Fri) – Bills assistant GM Joe Schoen hired as GM
Jan. 21 (Fri) – Bills OC Brian Daboll interviews with Schoen and Giants’ co-owners via teleconference
Jan. 22 (Sat) – Bills DC Leslie Frazier interviews via teleconference
Jan. 23 (Sun) – Bengals DC Lou Anarumo interviews via teleconference
Jan. 23 (Sun) – Daboll and Frazier’s Buffalo Bills eliminated from playoffs
Jan. 24 (Mon) – Cowboys DC Dan Quinn interviews in-person. Giants’ first in-person interview for the job.
Jan. 25 (Tue) – Brian Daboll receives second interview. Interview occurs in-person

*Brian Flores receives text messages from Bill Belichick congratulating him on becoming next Giants coach even though Flores has not had his interview yet. Belichick’s text messages were intended for Daboll.*

Jan. 26 (Wed) – Giants DC Patrick Graham interviews. Does not satisfy Rooney Rule since in-house candidate
Jan. 26 (Wed) – Ex-Dolphins HC Brian Flores has dinner with Schoen
Jan. 27 (Thu) – Brian Flores interviews (satisfies Rooney Rule because it is in-person with someone outside organization)
Jan. 27 (Thu) – Dan Quinn announces he is remaining as Cowboys DC
Jan. 28 (Fri) – Leslie Frazier gets second interview, this time in-person, also satisfying Rooney Rule
Jan. 28 (Fri) – Daboll hired as head coach

Belicheat was texting Brian Flores congratulating him on being the Giants selection when he hadn't even been interviewed. A couple of texts later, Flores asks him directly if he meant to be texting him, Brian Flores, or Brian Daboli. Belicheat realized the mistake that he had the wrong Brian at that point.

• Wow
Reactions: TarHeelMark
Just because you are black and you don't get hired doesn't mean the team that didn't hire you was racist!

The entire rooney rule is nothing more than pandering. Black people should be offended that there is even a rule!

The NFL is about one thing winning, and if the person that they think gives them the best chac3 of that is who they will hire.

Should we have a rule that teams should have to try out at least one white RB before drafting a black one?

The cure for racism isn't more racism.

i don’t know…because they’re the giants?

why do you think?

Because the new GM liked Frazier.

YOU said the Rooney rule is why they interviewed Brain Flores.. but they interviewed Frazier who is also black after Flores. Can you explain that?

Because the new GM liked Frazier.

YOU said the Rooney rule is why they interviewed Brain Flores.. but they interviewed Frazier who is also black after Flores. Can you explain that?
if that timeline is correct, it would be hard to prove…i don’t know why someone that has been successful as a head coach would risk everything to expose this either.

if that timeline is correct, it would be hard to prove…i don’t know why someone that has been successful as a head coach would risk everything to expose this either.

Well I dont know everything that went down with Flores in Miami.. sounds like a mess. I just dont see the argument with the Giants in their hiring process. Maybe more info will come out that will change my mind.

Well I dont know everything that went down with Flores in Miami.. sounds like a mess. I just dont see the argument with the Giants in their hiring process. Maybe more info will come out that will change my mind.
do you trust the nfl to be completely transparent about this?

remember, they didn’t give a f about domestic violence after ray rice until after advertisers started pulling away.

remember, they didn’t give a f about domestic violence after ray rice until after advertisers started pulling away.
That's why the Redskins are the Commanders... advertisement money was threatened to be totally gone. Nike, PepsiCo, on and on.

Well there could be more info that comes out that is not from the NFL. All I am saying is what Brain Flores is claiming with the Giants AT THIS POINT doesnt make sense to me based on the hiring process that has been laid out.

I don't think Flores can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the reason the Broncos and the Giants didn't hire him was because of his race. It is a pretty look bad look on Elway's part to show up an hour late for an interview, reeking of alcohol. Just from a professional standpoint.

The Rooney rule is well intentioned but it's pretty much a sham. And I don't see what else you could do to increase minority hiring short of forcing a quota on the league that x amount of players have to be black or Latino, which would be even more counterproductive.

In an organization where merit matters more than almost anywhere else, you have to let the talent speak for itself. The same barrier for black coaches that once existed isn't there any longer.

Well there could be more info that comes out that is not from the NFL. All I am saying is what Brain Flores is claiming with the Giants AT THIS POINT doesnt make sense to me based on the hiring process that has been laid out.

I think where Flores has a legitimate beef is that the Giants could have at least tried a lot more to make it seem like they were considering him as opposed to doing the token minority interview. Out of respect to him as a person and as a competent coach, they owe him that much. That being said, he can't prove definitively they were being 'racist'.

But it also calls into question just how effective the Rooney rule is if these are the results. If the Giants wanted Daboll to begin with, why force them to give a half assed interview to someone simply because they're black?

If that is the logic, then the inverse logic would also be true. For example, since there aren’t that many blacks who work for Fortune 500 companies, then why must there be black representation at the leadership level of those companies where so few blacks work?

Or how about in govt? Should we make sure that exactly 13% of govt employees are black because that’s reflective of the population or should there be more?

Just because you are black and you don't get hired doesn't mean the team that didn't hire you was racist!

The entire rooney rule is nothing more than pandering. Black people should be offended that there is even a rule!

The NFL is about one thing winning, and if the person that they think gives them the best chac3 of that is who they will hire.

Should we have a rule that teams should have to try out at least one white RB before drafting a black one?

The cure for racism isn't more racism.

End. Thread.

I think where Flores has a legitimate beef is that the Giants could have at least tried a lot more to make it seem like they were considering him as opposed to doing the token minority interview. Out of respect to him as a person and as a competent coach, they owe him that much. That being said, he can't prove definitively they were being 'racist'.

But it also calls into question just how effective the Rooney rule is if these are the results. If the Giants wanted Daboll to begin with, why force them to give a half assed interview to someone simply because they're black?
this is what bugs the crap out of me. If you whine and bitch that you aren't treated like everyone else, then don't whine and bitch when you ARE treated like everyone else. And I never blame the race of the supposedly offended, I blame the idiocy and hypocrisy of the race that does most of the whining and bitching, the white liberal (a human subspecies). They aren't satisfied with equality, they demand desired outcomes.

To have to make a show out of a simple hiring process is bullshit. To walk on eggshells because somebody might get offended is lunacy. White libs are making a joke of this country.

And I don't even know what this is all about.

• Love
Reactions: gunslingerdick
If that is the logic, then the inverse logic would also be true. For example, since there aren’t that many blacks who work for Fortune 500 companies, then why must there be black representation at the leadership level of those companies where so few blacks work?

Or how about in govt? Should we make sure that exactly 13% of govt employees are black because that’s reflective of the population or should there be more?
I think my idea of a blind interview is the best way to get rid of any claim of racism for fortune 500 companies. You would basically go through the whole process without telling anyone your name or anyone seeing your face. When you apply for a job, all you would give them (other than work and education history) is your phone number and email address. Any interview would be conducted by phone. I'm not a person who likes phone interviews, but I would be in favor of doing all of that just to keep people from shouting racism where there is none. Sucks that we've gotten to this point as a society, but that's where we are.

I think my idea of a blind interview is the best way to get rid of any claim of racism for fortune 500 companies. You would basically go through the whole process without telling anyone your name or anyone seeing your face. When you apply for a job, all you would give them (other than work and education history) is your phone number and email address. Any interview would be conducted by phone. I'm not a person who likes phone interviews, but I would be in favor of doing all of that just to keep people from shouting racism where there is none. Sucks that we've gotten to this point as a society, but that's where we are.

I appreciate the thought you’ve given this but that’s not a realistic option. Companies need to know (1) how one presents themselves in a professional setting and (2) companies need to know that said person presents themselves in the way that the company prefers. I’ve found the best information I’ve ever gotten from a job applicant doesn’t come from their answers; rather the way they answer questions and what their body language is while answering.

ftr, i believe the tanking angle will get way more traction than the league violating league policy on diversity…it’s one thing to say “play the young guys” as opposed to “how about a $100,000 for every loss”.
I think for this reason, the NFL will make a big spectacle of the diversity piece, since they know the media foams at the mouth for such content, in the hopes that it'll overshadow the tanking story.

Whether it works, remains to be seen.

Reactions: dadika13
I appreciate the thought you’ve given this but that’s not a realistic option. Companies need to know (1) how one presents themselves in a professional setting and (2) companies need to know that said person presents themselves in the way that the company prefers. I’ve found the best information I’ve ever gotten from a job applicant doesn’t come from their answers; rather the way they answer questions and what their body language is while answering.
I agree it's not realistic, but it's a chess move against the everything is racist crowd. It takes away any realistic complaint about racism in hiring. You can't be racist if you never see the person.

Reactions: gunslingerdick
The Rooney rule is a joke and it’s an insult to black coaches.

I personally am not of the opinion that a lack of black people in executive or coaching roles is any real proof of systemic racism as Flores claims.

I don't blame Flores for being pissed off at two sham interviews. He deserves a second chance at a head coaching job. But blame the rule itself for reducing you to a token minority as opposed to finding a team who actually wants your services.

I have found something interesting regarding the Rooney Rule. Apparently beginning in 2021 it was changed requiring teams to interview TWO minorities for a head coaching position. Some media stories are saying it is one minority. If it was changed to TWO then that would explain why the Giants interviewed Frazier after Flores before announcing they hired Brian Daboll.

I dont know which it is.. just wanted to mention this since I was questioning the Frazier interview earlier in this thread.

I wonder if the ADL will issue their dislike for Commander since it's the Anglicized word for Kommandant. And, the Kommandant was the SS officer in charge of the death camps and other concentration camps during the Holocaust.

Snyder, himself, is Jewish, however.

I wonder if the ADL will issue their dislike for Commander since it's the Anglicized word for Kommandant. And, the Kommandant was the SS officer in charge of the death camps and other concentration camps during the Holocaust.

Snyder is plain human garbage. I’ve seen fish hooks less crooked.

• Love
Reactions: strummingram

We'll have to ask @Hark_The_Sound_2010, but I believe Jews are too far down in the rankings to get a change. It would be better to take the angle of white people giving "commands" to slaves.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT