ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2021-22

Tell that to Whoopi Goldberg!
Eh, two week suspension isn't much. It's more of a "hey look we did something" from the network. I'm guessing if someone on that show said slavery wasn't about race then it would have been a much worse punishment.

Eh, two week suspension isn't much. It's more of a "hey look we did something" from the network. I'm guessing if someone on that show said slavery wasn't about race then it would have been a much worse punishment.
Both are examples of "man's inhumanity to man", if you really get down to it.

Both are examples of "man's inhumanity to man", if you really get down to it.
I guess, but so is killing your neighbor because you just don't like him. Most scholars would agree there's a slight difference when that is compared to genocide and slavery. And my guess is if you told her that slavery was about man's inhumanity and not about race, she would disagree.

I mean the two sort of go hand in hand. Part of man's inhumanity and one of the way he expresses that is racism.
Sure, but she said it was not about race. The inhumanity aspect is technically a cause for every bad act on the planet. Are we just going to say that when a person kills someone because they are a certain _________, they are just doing it because they are inhumane? Should we say Bin Laden, Mao, Stalin, etc were just inhumane? That's a pretty bad way to study history.

I guess, but so is killing your neighbor because you just don't like him. Most scholars would agree there's a slight difference when that is compared to genocide and slavery. And my guess is if you told her that slavery was about man's inhumanity and not about race, she would disagree.
I was being facetious. She was serious about her perspective until she, apparently, got schooled about religious racial groups. She believed Ashkenazi Jews were just "white people." It's really ironic given her choice for her stage name. Caryn Johnson didn't dig too deep when choosing her new moniker.

C5y7Ss.gif

Reactions: Grayhead
with the dates listing their titles?
I had to go looking for this crest thing. You mean this?

2.2.22_The-Washington-Commanders_NFL-16x9.jpg

I noticed there are some images of the Washington DC "flag" in some of the uniform pictures, and other things, etc.. I mean, it all looks new and goofy, at this point. Snyder is trying his best to associate the old and the new. Like everything he does, he fails. The 1983, 88 and 92 Super Bowl Champions were the Washington Redskins. If whoever is in control of all of this tries to change the names on plaques in the HOF, and places like that, then they'll get even less support from fans, I think. Snyder has handled this about as bad as any owner could... what a shock. I remember when he told the press "We're NEVER changing the name. It's that simple. You can put it in caps." He totally ruined the franchise, almost single-handedly. He's up there with Walter O'Malley as the most-hated owners in history.

I doubt I'll ever buy anything that says "Washington Commanders." My interest in the NFL has pretty much faded more and more since they were forced to change their name. This looks and sounds ridiculous. I may warm-up to it one day, but I doubt it. It's never going to be the same. I'm just waiting for The Chiefs and the Braves and the Seminoles to get the chop.

2.2.22_The-Washington-Commanders_NFL-16x9.jpg

I noticed there are some images of the Washington DC "flag" in some of the uniform pictures, and other things, etc.. I mean, it all looks new and goofy, at this point. Snyder is trying his best to associate the old and the new. Like everything he does, he fails. The 1983, 88 and 92 Super Bowl Champions were the Washington Redskins. If whoever is in control of all of this tries to change the names on plaques in the HOF, and places like that, then they'll get even less support from fans, I think. Snyder has handled this about as bad as any owner could... what a shock. I remember when he told the press "We're NEVER changing the name. It's that simple. You can put it in caps." He totally ruined the franchise, almost single-handedly. He's up there with Walter O'Malley as the most-hated owners in history.

I doubt I'll ever buy anything that says "Washington Commanders." My interest in the NFL has pretty much faded more and more since they were forced to change their name. This looks and sounds ridiculous. I may warm-up to it one day, but I doubt it. It's never going to be the same. I'm just waiting for The Chiefs and the Braves and the Seminoles to get the chop.
typically i’ve seen the years they win as the season that occurred, not the year of the sb.

you might get your wish of him being forced to sell…i noticed testimony is underway re: the ownership and how they handled the sexual misconduct of staff and personnel…some pretty damning stuff happened in the owner’s box with him present.

typically i’ve seen the years they win as the season that occurred, not the year of the sb.

you might get your wish of him being forced to sell…i noticed testimony is underway re: the ownership and how they handled the sexual misconduct of staff and personnel…some pretty damning stuff happened in the owner’s box with him present.
If he had to sell, it would be redemption, on some level. To have him exorcised from the organization would be such a relief.

I'm not holding my breath on any kind of forced departure.

200.gif

Reactions: gteeitup
The fatigue/injury factor tells me playing another quarter or even possibly several series of downs isn’t wise and I would think unpopular with the players. I say go penalty kick style by alternating 6 one down possessions from the 2 and no fg. If that’s a tie alternate 6 fg tries from 50yds.

Funniest thing I have heard this year.. talking head on ESPN said that the new Dolphins coach McDaniel identifies as biracial.

Funniest thing I have heard this year.. talking head on ESPN said that the new Dolphins coach McDaniel identifies as biracial.
Deadspin had a nice hit piece essentially saying McDaniel is completely unqualified to be a head coach and is just another white guy that the racist NFL wants to prop up over black coaches.

They later had to amend the article to say that he's actually half black, lol.

Reactions: uncfootball-
Deadspin had a nice hit piece essentially saying McDaniel is completely unqualified to be a head coach and is just another white guy that the racist NFL wants to prop up over black coaches.

This race thing is way beyond my pay grade. This fall when the Heels take the field I'm not looking to see the race of the QB.. all I want to know is can he sling it and be a leader for the team. If not then try the next guy in line.

LOL. Why wouldn't you just pull the article instead of adding an editors note? You know it's bad when other major news outlets start publicly mocking you.

This race thing is way beyond my pay grade. This fall when the Heels take the field I'm not looking to see the race of the QB.. all I want to know is can he sling it and be a leader for the team. If not then try the next guy in line.
i think people are bent out of shape about who is hiring the coach of said team, who is building the staff of said team, and who is preparing said team to play each week.

i think people are bent out of shape about who is hiring the coach of said team, who is building the staff of said team, and who is preparing said team to play each week.
I'm wondering how many of those people are actually watching each week.

Man, you guys must have been super excited about the game. Couldn't shut up about it.
I thought for sure someone would have a game thread going, but never saw it.

I have started to understand that 25-49 demographic thing. Seems like once I left my 40s, the Super Bowl halftime has been people I"ve never heard of and music I don't like. Well, truthfully it probably started before then, but it's apparent to me now. I'm not a marketing target anymore.

I thought for sure someone would have a game thread going, but never saw it.

I have started to understand that 25-49 demographic thing. Seems like once I left my 40s, the Super Bowl halftime has been people I"ve never heard of and music I don't like. Well, truthfully it probably started before then, but it's apparent to me now. I'm not a marketing target anymore.
Even someone your age should have known some of those songs.

it's ridiculous. how about you get to hire THE BEST PERSON FOR THE JOB, regardless of race.

due to "the optics" the Texans just promoted/hired Lovey Smith, who was 8-24 as a head coach in previous stints. good lord. he'll be released to industry after one or two mediocre/awful seasons and they will start the hiring search all over again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT