ADVERTISEMENT

North Carolina vs South Carolina

SoCar has to play Clemson annually, and I doubt those Chickens would want a 2nd annual game versus an ACC team.

Tennessee does not want to play us Home and Home, much less play a Neutral site game in Charlotte. But the Vols should want to. Knoxville is a very long way from Memphis, and is a 3+ hour drive from Nashville. TN produces less talent than NC. The Vola need to recruit well our of state in order to become dominant in the SEC East.

UGA-UNC in Charlotte makes sense for both programs, and to get that I would agree to play UGA in Atlanta's new dome.
Yeah, because every SEC team is so scared of playing ANY ACC team besides Clemson. Thanks for the laugh!! Strap it up tomorrow, boys. We will see how this plays out.

It's an inside joke, but thanks for your input. I'll keep it in mind.

Well I made the comment based off of many posts of yours I've seen. You definitely seem to be the most brazen here with your smack. Could give it a rest for people just trying to have a friendly talk.

Well I made the comment based off of many posts of yours I've seen. You definitely seem to be the most brazen here with your smack. Could give it a rest for people just trying to have a friendly talk.
I have almost 19,000 post. I doubt you've read enough to judge my posting style. If I bother you so much, why did you jump into a conversation I was having with another poster? I have no problem with people who want to have a friendly conversation, but I also have no problem calling people out on their bullshit. If that bothers you, then ignore me or leave.

I have almost 19,000 post. I doubt you've read enough to judge my posting style. If I bother you so much, why did you jump into a conversation I was having with another poster? I have no problem with people who want to have a friendly conversation, but I also have no problem calling people out on their bullshit. If that bothers you, then ignore me or leave.

Cool, how righteous of you

You own us, yet we still are ahead in all time victories by double digits. And I don't know why some of you seem to think it's a big deal that we haven't won since the early 90s. News flash. This isn't an annual rivalry. We've played you three times since 1991. If you guys get this excited because you beat us three times in the past 25+ years, then that says a lot about your football program and what you guys have accomplished.

We've played 9 times in the past 4 decades, and we've won 7 of those games. Your two wins come once in the early 80's, and again in the early 90's. You can pretend like your all time record against us means you are the dominant program, but we don't live in the 50's anymore. You all have been losing to us over 75% of the time for the past nearly half century.

This year's game will be our 10th meeting in the past 4 decades, and if USC wins, that makes you all 2 for 10 in that timespan. No, we don't play annually, but that is a pretty bad record for what it is. I would bet a lot of people on this board have never seen UNC beat USC before, too.

We've played 9 times in the past 4 decades, and we've won 7 of those games. Your two wins come once in the early 80's, and again in the early 90's. You can pretend like your all time record against us means you are the dominant program, but we don't live in the 50's anymore. You all have been losing to us over 75% of the time for the past nearly half century.

This year's game will be our 10th meeting in the past 4 decades, and if USC wins, that makes you all 2 for 10 in that timespan. No, we don't play annually, but that is a pretty bad record for what it is. I would bet a lot of people on this board have never seen UNC beat USC before, too.
I remember when you couldn't hang with the big boys and took your ball and went home to go independent, kinda like chickens do.. There is a new sheriff in town now and yesterday is gone and tomorrow is coming, you better win this one because there won't be any more chickens poaching many players from the state of NC going forth.

Thanks for letting me know.

I remember when you couldn't hang with the big boys and took your ball and went home to go independent, kinda like chickens do.. There is a new sheriff in town now and yesterday is gone and tomorrow is coming, you better win this one because there won't be any more chickens poaching many players from the state of NC going forth.

Let me get this straight.

You claim we "couldn't handle" the ACC, so we left?
You do know we won the ACC the year before our last year in it, right? We had as many ACC championships as UNC did before we left. And the notion that we "ran away" is ridiculous, because look at what conference we are in now, with the #1 strength of schedule in the nation.

You are correct: yesterday is gone. tomorrow IS coming. And the likely outcome is that tomorrow you will lose. This isn't the 50's. It's our time.

You do know we won the ACC the year before our last year in it, right? We had as many ACC championships as UNC did before we left. And the notion that we "ran away" is ridiculous, because look at what conference we are in now, with the #1 strength of schedule in the nation.
Also, since they left the ACC, Carl's Jr. has -0- conference championships. So for those of you keeping score at home, that's one conference championship since 1953. One conference championship in 65 years.

Whenever I get sad about UNC Football's futility, I think about this.

Also, since they left the ACC, Carl's Jr. has -0- conference championships. So for those of you keeping score at home, that's one conference championship since 1953. One conference championship in 65 years.

Not the point of the conversation, but nice deflection. About half the teams in the SEC don't have a conference championship. Two in our division don't even have a division title yet and they've been here longer than us. SEC is not a joke, unlike the ACC. UNC would face a similar fate here, if not worse.

Oh good, the message board police are here to tell me what I'm allowed to discuss on my own board. Simple fact: your football program has wallowed in irrelevancy since joining the SEC.

You can discuss whatever the hell you want to. I'm just telling you that you were deflecting from the previous conversation because I was making sense so you had to give up the argument.

Besides, UNC has been just as irrelevant as USC has been. We have the same amount of division titles this decade, we have a far better record against SEC teams this decade than you do against ACC teams. You're one to talk, considering you've failed even harder in a much weaker conference.

You're one to talk, considering you've failed even harder in a much weaker conference.
Please point to one instance where I've run my mouth about UNC's football supremacy. I haven't, because unlike you, I don't live in a fantasy world where I think my team actually matters.

(Psssst. Yours doesn't either. They're irrelevant.)

You can discuss whatever the hell you want to. I'm just telling you that you were deflecting from the previous conversation because I was making sense so you had to give up the argument.

Besides, UNC has been just as irrelevant as USC has been. We have the same amount of division titles this decade, we have a far better record against SEC teams this decade than you do against ACC teams. You're one to talk, considering you've failed even harder in a much weaker conference.
Both teams have basically been irrelevant for several years now. IMO, neither has any right to crow. If we somehow manage to beat you guys, there’s going to be a lot of SC fans on suicide watch. We’re not expected to win, all the pressure is on you.

Whenever I get sad about UNC Football's futility, I think about this.

I wonder what that 1953 ACC Football title looks like....Got a picture to show us Royal?

One thing is for sure: It doesn't take long to clean the dust from the trophies in the trophy case at South Carolina....A couple baseball titles, a women's basketball title, a swimming title, and maybe a equestrian title of some kind may also be in the S.C. trophy case which would be fitting since most of their fans are much like the hind end of a horse....

Reactions: uncboy10
Got up feeling good about the game. I just hope it doesn’t turn out like the Clensum/GT game...

If we beat them that badly, half their fan base will be on suicide watch, the other half will be claiming Russian collusion.

I was born and grew up in Charleston. When the Charleston Naval Shipyard (CNSYD) closed in 1996 I had to relocate. I lived in Jacksonville, FL from 1996-2000. I have lived in Columbia, SC since 2000. Charleston is beautiful, with many things to do and see. Columbia is called the 'arm-pit' of South Carolina for a reason. Columbia is absolutely the worst place that I have ever lived, and that counts the three years of living in Erlangen, Germany while serving in the 1st Armored Division (Old Ironsides) while in the US Army (1978-1981).

There is little to really do or see in Columbia. Sitting in mostly a depression the weather is hot and stagnant, not with a nice ocean breeze like Charleston. As a sports (college football) enthusiast the Gamecock (Coot) fans are absolutely obnoxious. I don't really fly my Clemson flags anymore, but I remember years ago when I did how Coot fans would just shoot the bird and yell "f*ck Clemson" even when I had children in the car. Unfortunately many UNC fans will have to deal with this obnoxiousness tomorrow with whoever goes to the game.

Listening to sports radio here in Columbia (107.5 The Game) they (the sports commentators and fans) believe they are going to bitch slap UNC by 30 points or more. I guess they have put the Belk Bowl and the 28-0 loss to Virginia to bed. Well anyway, if UNC can beat USuC (Uof SC), the Tarheels can start the biggest Gamecock meltdown in years.

I was born and grew up in Charleston. When the Charleston Naval Shipyard (CNSYD) closed in 1996 I had to relocate. I lived in Jacksonville, FL from 1996-2000. I have lived in Columbia, SC since 2000. Charleston is beautiful, with many things to do and see. Columbia is called the 'arm-pit' of South Carolina for a reason. Columbia is absolutely the worst place that I have ever lived, and that counts the three years of living in Erlangen, Germany while serving in the 1st Armored Division (Old Ironsides) while in the US Army (1978-1981).

There is little to really do or see in Columbia. Sitting in mostly a depression the weather is hot and stagnant, not with a nice ocean breeze like Charleston. As a sports (college football) enthusiast the Gamecock (Coot) fans are absolutely obnoxious. I don't really fly my Clemson flags anymore, but I remember years ago when I did how Coot fans would just shoot the bird and yell "f*ck Clemson" even when I had children in the car. Unfortunately many UNC fans will have to deal with this obnoxiousness tomorrow with whoever goes to the game.

Listening to sports radio here in Columbia (107.5 The Game) they (the sports commentators and fans) believe they are going to bitch slap UNC by 30 points or more. I guess they have put the Belk Bowl and the 28-0 loss to Virginia to bed. Well anyway, if UNC can beat USuC (Uof SC), the Tarheels can start the biggest Gamecock meltdown in years.
clemson is located on a farm. You have to be careful where you step. Lake Hartwell is polluted with PCBs. There are warning signs at most boat ramps.You cant help but look like a circuis clown when you wear tangerine and lavender. Their fans are just as obnoxious as any in college sports.
They are buying all those 5 star players they sign. I HATE cheaters.

clemson is located on a farm. You have to be careful where you step. Lake Hartwell is polluted with PCBs. There are warning signs at most boat ramps.You cant help but look like a circuis clown when you wear tangerine and lavender. Their fans are just as obnoxious as any in college sports.
They are buying all those 5 star players they sign. I HATE cheaters.

Lmao

I wonder what that 1953 ACC Football title looks like....Got a picture to show us Royal?

One thing is for sure: It doesn't take long to clean the dust from the trophies in the trophy case at South Carolina....A couple baseball titles, a women's basketball title, a swimming title, and maybe a equestrian title of some kind may also be in the S.C. trophy case which would be fitting since most of their fans are much like the hind end of a horse....

Haha

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT