ADVERTISEMENT

Orlando Night Club Shooting

Don't forget Palestine turned down the initial deal from the Brits that would've granted them much more land, and now they whine about not having more land. No one ever brings that up.
I would have said F-U to them, too! When did the British decide they owned Palestine and could carve it up? SOmetimes people take that kind of arrogance very seriously and can wind-up causing some very serious unintended consequences down the road.

Christians don't have much fault with what is going on in the Middle East, but Americans (and Western Europeans) certainly have some.

Yes but dont u think US and w european foriegn policy in the ME ( initially at least) was based out of the christian belief that the holy land was the jews rightful homeland? And that christianity as a whole today still supports policies and politicians that favor israel because of that belief? Even to the point of ignoring blatant human rights violations by israel?

Not that it excuses terror attacks. It doesnt. But nothing will change if we dont acknowledge our role in all this especially as it pertains to israel. American media is jewish owned. Thats a fact. We dont get the whole story from any of the media giants about whats going on over there. there is no good vs bad as is depicted. The moral hi ground has been untouched for decades.

Last edited:
Reactions: strummingram
Okay, so let's say we BAN ALL THE MUSLIMS (the good and the bad, every single one of them), we round them up and we get the OUT of the U.S., there are NO MORE MUSLIMS HERE... not one! Problem solved????

Problem solved? It depends on what problem you're asking about. Would we have muslims committing terrorist acts on American soil? My answer would be that it would significantly decrease. And that's a good thing.

NOW, what do we do about the rest of the nuts that commit these mass shootings (the Dylann Roof's, the Jeffrey Weise's, the Doug Williams, the Michael McDermott's, the Larry Ashebrook's, the Mark Barton's, the Eric Harris and Dylan Kleibold's, the Robert Hawkins, the Jared Loughner's, the James Holmes, etc.... too many to list actually) Now the Muslims are gone, now what?

Now what? Hopefully we catch those bad guys too before they do anything. But we can't get them all. If you're suggesting we don't do anything to curb one problem because we can't totally fix another problem...well, that might be the dumbest suggestion I've read on this board. And that's saying something.

Reactions: UNC '92
Shameless generalization, but it sure seems like most of the dart-throwing, name-calling, and overall impatience / hostility is coming from the left side...the ones claiming we should be peaceful in all of this.

Am I missing something?

I think it's fairly obvious. You said we shouldn't lump all Muslims into one description, even though the group as a whole have proven to be more likely to commit these acts. And you're right to an extent. However, if we kicked all Muslims out of the country, and didn't let any in - we would have no Muslim terrorist acts by domestic Muslims. Is either end of the spectrum perfect? No - thus the need for trade-offs. Take some of each end of the spectrum - as you say, its all relative.

If you want to deny the statistics - do so at your own peril. It's tough for me to see glaring proof that things like this are likely to happen by these people - and have nothing done about it.
It is relative, in the abstract. That is for certain.

You can try kicking them out. You can try not letting more in. You can do anything you want. At this point, the damage is done. The bill for the reckless, arrogant, self-serving actions of our foreign policy, over the last 70 years, for that OIL, is now coming due. If you think keeping them out, and kicking them out, will help ease the pain, go for it. But, whatever you do to others, you do to yourself.

Why do you want to ban all the Muslims? That's silly.

How about this- we stop all immigration from anywhere until we determine a way to properly vet them?

Here's another- put a rifle in the hand of any immigrant male who is not disabled and tell him to go back and fight for his homeland. Give him all the bullets and grenades he needs too. We can even train them if they want to be trained.

I don't want to ban all Muslims, it is these other ding-a-lings on here living in FEAR!!!!! lol that do... I am asking a legitimate question... hypothetical, I suppose, but still... what NOW? they're gone so what now?

OH AND JUST SO Y'ALL KNOW.... I really don't expect you to answer because you don't want to face the truth of it and you know it! smdh

I don't want to ban all Muslims, it is these other ding-a-lings on here living in FEAR!!!!! lol that do... I am asking a legitimate question... hypothetical, I suppose, but still... what NOW? they're gone so what now?

OH AND JUST SO Y'ALL KNOW.... I really don't expect you to answer because you don't want to face the truth of it and you know it! smdh
What now is I'd feel safer when flying and when in crowds *thumbs up emoji*

I did answer. And in answering, I pointed out that your logic is...excuse my poor choice of words here, "retarded".

Yes, he is a good example of a Muslim. See @UNC71-00 's list. At some point, even the most bleeding heart liberal will have to admit to themselves that Muslims, by and large, want to kill non-Muslims everywhere.
Off the top of my head I would guess 95% of the people killed on his list were Muslims.

Uhh huh...uhh huh...well nonetheless, it's completely irrelevant to the laws we have in place. I couldn't give two shits about your hating me, muslims, Christians or anyone else. No one cares who and how you hate. But we'd all care if you started killing people that you hate.

By chance, do you hate yourself?
I don't HATE anything or anyone. I do my very best to love everyone. Even YOU. I love YOU! I know that whatever I project onto anyone else, I am doing it to myself. That is my role in this entire grand play. I come off as an asshole, because I don't always exhibit the love like I'd want to. But, all I can do is try and be accepting and caring for everyone else. I can't change foreign policy. I can't undo what happened in the past. I can't stop Muslims from hating Christians. I can't stop people who are going to murder tonight and tomorrow from murdering. I can't make groups of people do anything. I can't make individuals do what I wish they would do. All I can do (and all YOU can do) is be in control of myself and yourself.

Last edited:
Another purely hypothetical question -- imagine your loved one was just murdered in Orlando...or imagine the guy hit up Disney World instead (which apparently was a target) and you lost a son / daughter. Do you go over and just give this murderer a hug and pray for them? What's your honest reaction?

Problem solved? It depends on what problem you're asking about. Would we have muslims committing terrorist acts on American soil? My answer would be that it would significantly decrease. And that's a good thing.

Now what? Hopefully we catch those bad guys too before they do anything. But we can't get them all. If you're suggesting we don't do anything to curb one problem because we can't totally fix another problem...well, that might be the dumbest suggestion I've read on this board. And that's saying something.

It's a problem of broad proportions so I say we address ALL of it, not JUST the radicals! I don't want ANYMORE mass shootings but I know we cannot stop them all but while the number related to Muslims has risen of late, it does not take away from the fact that even if we deport them all, we still have enough nuts left here to deal with and that is also something we HAVE to address.

Another purely hypothetical question -- imagine your loved one was just murdered in Orlando...or imagine the guy hit up Disney World instead (which apparently was a target) and you lost a son / daughter. Do you go over and just give this murderer a hug and pray for them? What's your honest reaction?
I probably wouldn't. But I wish, hope and pray that I could.

If Jesus Christ (the Savior of so many here) can hang on that cross, dying, and ask God to forgive those that hung him on the cross. Then, I think it is within your power to forgive and hug the murderer. When you do that, you can become equal to the power exhibited by Jesus.

I would have said F-U to them, too! When did the British decide they owned Palestine and could carve it up? SOmetimes people take that kind of arrogance very seriously and can wind-up causing some very serious unintended consequences down the road.

The plight of the displaced jews from ww2 and what to do with them is one of the least discussed yet most influential aspect of world history. World politics as we know it today can be traced back to those decisions.

Yes but dont u think US and w european foriegn policy in the ME ( initially at least) was based out of the christian belief that the holy land was the jews rightful homeland? And that christianity as a whole today still supports policies and politicians that favor israel because of that belief? Even to the point of ignoring blatant human rights violations by israel?

No, I think the policy was shaped out of pity for the Jews after the Holocaust. And I think policy today favors Israel because we need an ally in the region.

We ignore (and probably commit) blatant human rights violations by all sorts of countries.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
I probably wouldn't. But I wish, hope and pray that I could.

If Jesus Christ (the Savior of so many here) can hang on that cross, dying, and ask God to forgive those that hung him on the cross. Then, I think it is within your power to forgive and hug the murderer. When you do that, you can become equal to the power exhibited by Jesus.

No, No, No...you're placing yourself into this context. I'm purely asking from the angle of having lost a loved one...especially a child who cannot defend himself / herself. IMO that changes the narrative a lot. I've already posted earlier on the notion of self defense and how that is allowed - and IMO required - in the Biblical sense.

I did answer. And in answering, I pointed out that your logic is...excuse my poor choice of words here, "retarded".
234848428c162480cfcbb13b842b846e.jpg

False. Jesus was divine. We are only man. That's why he could hang there on the cross. And that's why he hung there on the cross - because he knew we were only men and incapable of that kind of forgiveness. So he took the punishment for us.

I really still don't understand the point of this thread. There is nothing that will make Radical Islamists stop killing others and there is no way to exterminate Radical Islam from being preached.

well, fellas, I HAVE had a loved one murdered and I did forgive the man... it can be done!

First off, I'm sorry. Secondly, that is very strong of you.

To round it out, if you then believe this person or those associated with him will repeat their action, it is our duty to stop it from happening.

Reactions: UNC '92
No, No, No...you're placing yourself into this context. I'm purely asking from the angle of having lost a loved one...especially a child who cannot defend himself / herself. IMO that changes the narrative a lot. I've already posted earlier on the notion of self defense and how that is allowed - and IMO required - in the Biblical sense.
Well, that's what I did! I have to place myself in the context if it's someone I'm close to that is a victim.

I would say that someone who loses a child feels just like having been killed themselves. They would have traded places with the child. And, how they react to the murderer is the same. I'm giving you the example Christ set and asks us to follow. It's not an easy task. he set the bar high, but that was the whole point. If He can forgive in that situation, then we can too.

No, I think the policy was shaped out of pity for the Jews after the Holocaust. And I think policy today favors Israel because we need an ally in the region.

We ignore (and probably commit) blatant human rights violations by all sorts of countries.

Fair enough. I agree to some extent. But imo that pity is fueled by christian doctrine as well as our choice of ally.

Really quickly: My wife loves to argue, often times for no reason other than to...argue. And she is a "last word" type of person. But I love her to death nonetheless.

That said, I feel like she is on the other end of the screen here right now.

False. Jesus was divine. We are only man. That's why he could hang there on the cross. And that's why he hung there on the cross - because he knew we were only men and incapable of that kind of forgiveness. So he took the punishment for us.
I am divine! YOU are divine! We are ALL DIVINE! All of us are God, all of us are Jesus! Your religion teaches you that you are less. But, Jesus teaches that WE ARE GODS! What he can do, we can do also.

John 14:12 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do..."

John 10:34 "Jesus replied, "It is written in your own Scriptures that God said to certain leaders of the people, 'I say, you are gods!"

"Jesus answered them, "Isn't it written in your scripture, I said, you are gods?"

I will never again allow religion to fool me into thinking I am less.

Last edited:
Off the top of my head I would guess 95% of the people killed on his list were Muslims.

Careful with the statistics!

Oh ok - so it's not ok to profile Muslims... but killing them is ok?

Is this just a giant joke where you guys are gonna come out with Ashton Kutcher and tell us you've been punking us this entire time? No one can possibly believe that profiling someone (even when the statistics back that up) is wrong - but if that same group of people is killed, no big deal.

First off, I'm sorry. Secondly, that is very strong of you.

To round it out, if you then believe this person or those associated with him will repeat their action, it is our duty to stop it from happening.

The man is now out of prison and living not too far from me but I do not fear him doing anything to me or anyone else I love. He may harm someone else, I do not know. I just pray he has his life going in a positive direction now.

Oh ok - so it's not ok to profile Muslims... but killing them is ok?

Is this just a giant joke where you guys are gonna come out with Ashton Kutcher and tell us you've been punking us this entire time? No one can possibly believe that profiling someone (even when the statistics back that up) is wrong - but if that same group of people is killed, no big deal.
I don't care who you profile. If you think it's "right" to profile total strangers based on your statistics, be my guest. I never said you were right or wrong to do that. I just said, or meant to say, that is not what I would do!

I don't care who you profile. If you think it's "right" to profile total strangers based on your statistics, be my guest. I never said you were right or wrong to do that. I just said, or meant to say, that is not what I would do!

I don't care what you would do. And you shouldn't care what I would do. The question I'm trying to get answered here is: what reaction/policy puts us in the best position to ensure this stops happening?

You can turn the other cheek, take the moral high ground, make damn sure not to offend anyone or lump anyone into generalizations - but none of that is going to fix the issue at hand. I'm just trying to see what will fix that problem. I realize you don't think there is any way to prevent this kind of thing from happening. You may be right - but I don't think the country should give up that easily.

Reactions: Raising Heel
There are many Christian groups/churches that openly embrace homosexuals as well as women in the pulpit. I challenge you to name me just ONE muslim group that does. Name me even one muslim group that treats women as 1st class citizens.
Would you settle for the Muslim Alliance for Sexual and Gender Diversity?

http://www.muslimalliance.org/masgd-speaks/87-response-to-shooting-in-orlando

"We reject attempts to perpetuate hatred against our LGBTQ communities as well as our Muslim communities. We ask all people to resist forces of division and hatred, and to stand against homophobia and transphobia, as well as against Islamophobia and anti-Muslim bigotry. Tragedies often lead people to seek someone or something to blame, but we ask our friends to resist this temptation. Let us instead recommit ourselves to working toward a world without hatred and prejudice."

Reactions: strummingram
I don't care what you would do. And you shouldn't care what I would do. The question I'm trying to get answered here is: what reaction/policy puts us in the best position to ensure this stops happening?

You can turn the other cheek, take the moral high ground, make damn sure not to offend anyone or lump anyone into generalizations - but none of that is going to fix the issue at hand. I'm just trying to see what will fix that problem. I realize you don't think there is any way to prevent this kind of thing from happening. You may be right - but I don't think the country should give up that easily.
I'm not giving up. I may not be following your path, but I'm not "giving up." I'm just not buying what you're selling. Do I seem like someone that doesn't offend other people to you??? I can assure you, I do! I don't think it is wise or productive to lump people into groups. I think that will have terrible unintended consequences. And, I'm actually basing that partially on statistics, because that is usually what happens when you lump people together. Aren't you glad I'm using logic? ;)

I'm not giving up. I may not be following your path, but I'm not "giving up." I'm just not buying what you're selling. Do I seem like someone that doesn't offend other people to you??? I can assure you, I do! I don't think it is wise or productive to lump people into groups. I think that will have terrible unintended consequences. And, I'm actually basing that partially on statistics, because that is usually what happens when you lump people together. Aren't you glad I'm using logic? ;)

I'm thrilled that you're starting to move away from your emotion based thinking, yes - makes for a much more intelligent debate. So what are a couple steps that you think would help quell any future attacks from Muslim Extremists such as this? The moratorium on immigration has been proposed (this doesn't lump anyone into groups if all immigration regardless of from where is halted), the closer investigation of people who fit the profile has been proposed (this is a "lumping" solution), the hoping they'll stop if we ask nicely (not a "lumping" solution) has been proposed. Just curious on what you think would help stop the problem.

Well Obama just gave a speech I actually agree with! hmmmmm Yep, go ahead and give me the crap... I know it's coming... you guys are exasperating sometimes... I need to go run on the treadmill for four hours! ughhhhh! I feel like I've been beating my head in a wall.... on that note... some of you (NOT ALL though lol) can

KISS MY TAR HEEL BUTT!
UNC04SKB1-back-520x780.jpg

not my butt! hahahaha I am just being nice and showing you a cute one before I leave! toodles!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT