looks amazing, gonna be warm and obviously breezy...17 will be nasty

pick your three and a winning score.

thomas
rahm
cantlay

probably Spieth or Johnson
but I'm going with
Brian Harman/Charley Hoffman/Marc Leishman

i played the OC from the tips 2 weeks ago, the rough wasnt crazy high but the greens were very hard and we spent half the day in that weird southwesterly wind (meaning 14-18 play DOWN wind). that place is bananas! i hit a 9 iron from 210 and a 4 iron from 128 😆

i have JT 14 to 1 and Scheffler 45 to 1 ... winning score: calm winds -14 ... higher winds -6

Hovland
Rory
Speith

Outsider: Keegan Bradley

I have to admit I guffawed when I saw Keegan Bradley's name here yesterday, and I'm not even sure what a guffaw is.

Now I'm pulling for him. Tip of the hat to ya. Course, we won't mention Spieth and McIlroy.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
The drone/helicopter camera must have a polarized lens. The water wasn't nearly that blue when we were there.

Hard to look at all those people who they let in instead of me/my group. I'd have even been willing to follow the players no one has heard of to give them a "gallery." 😄

The drone/helicopter camera must have a polarized lens. The water wasn't nearly that blue when we were there.

Hard to look at all those people who they let in instead of me/my group. I'd have even been willing to follow the players no one has heard of to give them a "gallery." 😄
Been tough the last 2 days watching know had tickets to be their in person!!!!

Reactions: WhatTheHeel?
For a second I thought the mob was going to carry Phil off lol

For a second I thought the mob was going to carry Phil off lol
That was definitely a crazy scene there at first after the approach shots into 18!!! Lol

Awesome for Phil to put his name in the record books this week

After reading the thread fifty seven times, and with the help of my local librarian, I now realize that ohio tarheels thought that he would attend the PGA at Kiawah, but had his tickets revoked. I'm saddened beyond words.

My librarian called moments ago. Apparently, ohio tarheels was engaged to Amy Finkelstein before she married Phil Mickelson. The FBI in a joint operation with the PGA, revoked ohio tarheels tickets as a favor to the Mickelson and Finkelstein families. ohio tarheels will be offered the right to purchase Ryder Cup tickets if it is ever played in Romania

My librarian called moments ago. Apparently, ohio tarheels was engaged to Amy Finkelstein before she married Phil Mickelson. The FBI in a joint operation with the PGA, revoked ohio tarheels tickets as a favor to the Mickelson and Finkelstein families. ohio tarheels will be offered the right to purchase Ryder Cup tickets if it is ever played in Romania

tenor.gif

Reactions: bobcrane14
Just for fun I think you should mention your ticket situation at least one more time in this thread.
I'm going to mention it until they come back to Kiawah in ten years. This thread will rival the Random Picture thread for posts.

Honestly, I wasn't that bothered. I went to a Champions Tour event a couple times and enjoyed it because it was many of the players who were in their prime when I was young. I thought it might be interesting to see a PGA event, but I'm fine that I didn't. I just gotta have something to complain about and life's pretty good if this is the best I can do. :)

I'm going to mention it until they come back to Kiawah in ten years. This thread will rival the Random Picture thread for posts.

Honestly, I wasn't that bothered. I went to a Champions Tour event a couple times and enjoyed it because it was many of the players who were in their prime when I was young. I thought it might be interesting to see a PGA event, but I'm fine that I didn't. I just gotta have something to complain about and life's pretty good if this is the best I can do. :)
what happened, you had tickets and then you didn't, or something like that?

I've smoked dope, chewed rope, danced, French romanced, ****ed, farted, fought, shot the moon and drove big trucks. I've been to Janesville, Maine, Spain, Spokane, and Fort Wayne, seen three world fairs, been around the world twice, looked danger in the face, and seen goats **** in the marketplace, but I ain't never seen no shit like the shit that happened on Sunday. And the damndest thing of all, somebody had tickets but couldn't be there.

--Stolen. Well, maybe just borrowed.

What are people on this board's opinion of Brooks Keopka? A lot of different ones out there. Comes across to me as having plenty of ego, (which I'm sure you could say about 90+% of PGA tour pros) - and maybe not the easiest guy to get along with

Reactions: gteeitup
What are people on this board's opinion of Brooks Keopka? A lot of different ones out there. Comes across to me as having plenty of ego, (which I'm sure you could say about 90+% of PGA tour pros) - and maybe not the easiest guy to get along with
what's to be liked and cherished even, is the competitiveness that comes out in players like Lefty and Koepka. I was trying to remember the tournament they were in a few years back where each one outdid the other with fantastic, almost unbelievable great shot after great shot.

I don't get into the personalities much except I really enjoy watching Phil play. I think he can be an a-hole when he wants to be also, but Koepka doesn't seem to me to be a bad guy.

Reactions: Heelicious
what's to be liked and cherished even, is the competitiveness that comes out in players like Lefty and Koepka. I was trying to remember the tournament they were in a few years back where each one outdid the other with fantastic, almost unbelievable great shot after great shot.

I don't get into the personalities much except I really enjoy watching Phil play. I think he can be an a-hole when he wants to be also, but Koepka doesn't seem to me to be a bad guy.
Yah, I kind of feel bad for both of them on how the crowd mobbed them on 18. I don't recall it being like that really, in the past. I remember when Tiger unexpectedly won his last Masters, coming up 18 was an out of control mob, barely an arm's length behind him.

Seems there should be a way with ropes or security etc, all the remaining security / course marshals to make a human wall to hold back the mob from storming the last hole and making contact with players. The tournament was still not decided for sure even, after tee shots on 18.

Would they let crowds go on the court if an NFL team or NBA team were running out the clock? No way! I anticipate that after this episode they will do more to protect the players late in the golf tournaments, especially in the PGA majors.

Reactions: bluetoe
Yah, I kind of feel bad for both of them on how the crowd mobbed them on 18. I don't recall it being like that really, in the past. I remember when Tiger unexpectedly won his last Masters, coming up 18 was an out of control mob, barely an arm's length behind him.

Seems there should be a way with ropes or security etc, all the remaining security / course marshals to make a human wall to hold back the mob from storming the last hole and making contact with players. The tournament was still not decided for sure even, after tee shots on 18.

Would they let crowds go on the court if an NFL team or NBA team were running out the clock? No way! I anticipate that after this episode they will do more to protect the players late in the golf tournaments, especially in the PGA majors.
I was thinking that golf crowds have been getting more and more unruly, and I'm wondering if golfers will eventually have to get used to a heavy background murmur if not worse. And that might not be a bad thing as long as no one yells in the backswing, but the idiotic 'get in the hole' crap needs to stop. Damn, that gets on my nerves.

I don't know if many noticed, but some young guy ran up and actually grabbed Phil's shoulder. That's scary, and I was wondering if Phil was going to comment on the aggressiveness of the crowd...and he did.

Anyone remember the football game we played at Maryland many years ago, where the Maryland fan/goons crowded the boundaries of the end zone as we were trying to score to win the game? Refs were cowed and did nothing about it. Maryland fans are special that way and you can't compare them to any other fans, but you can anticipate the idiocy and be prepared for it if you know what you're dealing with. The problem Sunday is that no one saw that coming.

almost all are like that, but he puts it out there...imo, what makes him different than some or standout amongst others is he flat out says idgaf about non-majors...no golfer has ever said that...woods said winning the most majors was his goal.

the ones i was around while with the scga, the majority, minus daly, fuzzy, azinger, cook, they were all prickly but they didn’t show it as much as say brooks, watson, or even david toms.

@Heelicious scott hoch was another one...straight-up asshole.

i think there becomes a moment in their life when they realize that “i don’t have to be an asshole anymore” and that’s either because they are no longer elite or their kids say “dad, chill the f out”...it’s not because of the wives leaving, lol...i’m convinced this is because it’s an individual sport, though.

• Haha
almost all are like that, but he puts it out there...imo, what makes him different than some or standout amongst others is he flat out says idgaf about non-majors...no golfer has ever said that...woods said winning the most majors was his goal.

the ones i was around while with the scga, the majority, minus daly, fuzzy, azinger, cook, they were all prickly but they didn’t show it as much as say brooks, watson, or even david toms.

Seems that Brooks plays golf to make money not because he loves the game. Nothing wrong with that either.

@Heelicious scott hoch was another one...straight-up asshole.

i think there becomes a moment in their life when they realize that “i don’t have to be an asshole anymore” and that’s either because they are no longer elite or their kids say “dad, chill the f out”...it’s not because of the wives leaving, lol...i’m convinced this is because it’s an individual sport, though.
LOL, it often happens that those who have the most to be humble about are the biggest jerks. When he missed that putt, I wasn't embarrassed for him....I was embarrassed for ME.

Koepka sounds ridiculous complaining about people hitting his knee. He looks like a linebacker. If he needs to, he should punch anyone contacting him. If the punch doesn't work, smack them with a pitching wedge

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT